Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul

Default Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul

Has anyone played this? I have downloaded it and I am wondering what to expect.

Default Re: Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul

OOO is a great mod that changes the levelling system and basically the WHOLE STRUCTURE of the game. You can find lots of new items and valuable ones too when you are level one. you have to be fully prepared to go to the wilderness, caves, gates,a nd forts because you never know what might attack you since nothing will level up with you, it gives you the sense of danger, ( I was a level one and I got attacked by two mountain giants and once a pack of wolves and a goblin clan and it was just epic trying to fight and escape them). New quests without the markers, new items and creatures. Its amazing, have you seen the trailer? you should download FCOM Convergence which has 4 greatest overhaul mods combines, including OOO. You will never get sick of oblivion with this mod but I recommend downloading the Modular mod which adds several features such as vampire clans and an ability to turn into a lich, werewolf, and etc and you start the game getting of a ship and ofcourse, deadly reflex is a great mod.

Here is he trailer (watch it on high quality)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=Pd6G9zK4D5A
    Last edited by The_Dark_Legion; July 12, 2008 at 12:17 PM.

Assyria Total War Leader and Skinner
    My Coin Collection (still need to upload a lot more)

+rep if you like my post and put down your name so I can return the favor
    Join the group "Hummus Lovers" if you happen to love hummus, duh!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dark_Legion View Post
    OOO is a great mod that changes the levelling system and basically the WHOLE STRUCTURE of the game. You can find lots of new items and valuable ones too when you are level one. you have to be fully prepared to go to the wilderness, caves, gates,a nd forts because you never know what might attack you since nothing will level up with you, it gives you the sense of danger, ( I was a level one and I got attacked by two mountain giants and once a pack of wolves and a goblin clan and it was just epic trying to fight and escape them). New quests without the markers, new items and creatures. Its amazing, have you seen the trailer? you should download FCOM Convergence which has 4 greatest overhaul mods combines, including OOO. You will never get sick of oblivion with this mod but I recommend downloading the Modular mod which adds several features such as vampire clans and an ability to turn into a lich, werewolf, and etc and you start the game getting of a ship and ofcourse, deadly reflex is a great mod.

Here is he trailer (watch it on high quality)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=Pd6G9zK4D5A
    You had me after the first few sentences. I have seen the trailer, it's wat prompted me to download the mod. The Modular Oblivion Enhanced mod which you referred to was the first Oblivion mod I ever played (a while ago now); it was great, though I have a feeling OOO will be even better.

Deadly Reflex, yes, that is one mod I know very well. I used to post all the links to the updates of Deadly Reflex in the Oblivion thread in the Circus Maximus (talk about fanboism). Thanks for the response.

Get magic spells of aurum if you can. Its freaking awesome!
    I didnt have such a gripe with the leveling system. but i heard OOO is good if you didnt like it.
    "If you can't get rid of the skeleton in your closet, you'd best teach it to dance." - George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

Get FCOM if you know what your doing , I have a level 1 Nord Barbarian on it [Leveling takes ages] and it's awesome , I had a mystical imp kill me a couple of times and a Raider bring me to my knees. Healing potions actually have a use in it! Not only that but you have OOO , Francescos , MMM, and Oblivion Warcry wrapped up all in one! You can also install all the optional add-ons , which I did , and that makes it even better.
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

Quote Originally Posted by roy34543 View Post
    Get magic spells of aurum if you can. Its freaking awesome!
    I didnt have such a gripe with the leveling system. but i heard OOO is good if you didnt like it.
    I already have it. It's great, isn't it?

I hated the levelling system, which seems all the more reason to play OOO.

I installed OOO shortly after getting Oblivion, as the game already annoyed me. I'm struggling my way through OOO at the moment, and whilst it's fun learning what you can and cannot take on (beware mystical imps!!) it is a little hard finding a place to level up. Does anyone know any good areas or dungeons for a level 1 character to explore? About 2/10 dungeons I've tried so far I managed to retain all my limbs in.
    - As cunning as a fox who's just been appointed Professor of Cunning at Oxford University -

Quote Originally Posted by Wibbler View Post
    I installed OOO shortly after getting Oblivion, as the game already annoyed me. I'm struggling my way through OOO at the moment, and whilst it's fun learning what you can and cannot take on (beware mystical imps!!) it is a little hard finding a place to level up. Does anyone know any good areas or dungeons for a level 1 character to explore? About 2/10 dungeons I've tried so far I managed to retain all my limbs in.
    :hmmm: .... You should try fighting at the arena, its quite challenging but its beatable...just get a lot of potions and strong equipment. Try some fighter guild quests which can help you level up fast in OOO. Thats what I did couple months back but stopped since it was to laggy to enjoy the game.

Assyria Total War Leader and Skinner
    My Coin Collection (still need to upload a lot more)

+rep if you like my post and put down your name so I can return the favor
    Join the group "Hummus Lovers" if you happen to love hummus, duh!

Try Sideways Cave and the Bandits in Fancasecul , but bring a silver weapon for the ayleid parts of Sideways Cave.
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

Uh, can I bump?

Playing OOO now - while the experience is welcome, the traps are driving me insane. Will this playthrough finally culminate in a character who can kill everything except traps, which always kill him?

Manco's Avatar Dux Limitis

Just avoid traps, they're easy to spot anyways.

Maybe he means the traps that are on locked chests from time to time?

TWC Son of the One and Only Abbews

Ah well, those suck

On the contrary.

I handle chest traps with ease (one of the reason why I pick Breton) but not the vanilla traps which always do around 250 damage each. This means death for my character until he's above level 10.

And I don't understand the complaint about OOO's difficulty otherwise, for all I know I can mince a black bear at level 2 using a dagger.

Go to one of the Ayleid Ruins near Anvil.

Yeah, totally safe to go into
    Noob friendly dungeons and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Manco View Post
    Yeah, totally safe to go into
    Noob friendly dungeons and all that.
    Got to level 14 now. Survive alright, but my character bleeds money. Who could have known enchantments are that expensive?

(But a 20% resist all shield I call the "Anti Beam Shield" and a claymore that does 20 of all damage and soul trap plus Azura Star? Win)

I find myself finally caring whats behind the next corner. There is nothing greater then to stumble into a vampire you can't beat and then having your limps crushed when retreating backwards into a mechanical trap. Now it makes sence why there would still be so much untouched loot in all those dungeons...

Some traps I love like the one in Fort Ash which fires arrows at your feet. I remember that dungeon being stuffed with goblins and they all got stuck there and died, and then I just moved the Durzog corpses to cover the arrow holes and moved on lol.

!
    I did an FCOM install after this thread, and somehow my NVidia drivers keep crashing in Oblivion!

And I had a stable FCOM install! Do you realize how hard that is!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast