Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: top complaints you hear from your tourists

Default top complaints you hear from your tourists

when talking to americans who've visited europe especially, there are a number of complaints that seem constant.

13- I had to walk around with a canadian flag on my backpack just so I wouldnt get harassed
    12- who would have thought that putting chocolate on toast would taste so good.
    11- mmmmmm real cane suger is awesome!!! so much better then corn-syrup in everything.
    10- uh I order a glass of water...whats this fizzy shiate you brought me??!!
    9- I thought authentic italian food would be better then it is stateside, but its just a bunch of sauce yuck!!
    8- Darn british and their WC signs, I can never find a restroom when I need it.
    7- whats with this 4oz non-refillable glass of coke, I want my 62oz bottomless glass
    6- I horribly afraid of getting to the outside lane of a roundabout.
    5- OMG all italians look like supermodels compared to germans.
    4- you damn uptight germans, just give us directions, we know you speak english, stop saying you dont!
    3- british food...its ummm...special...and expensive...
    2- I ended up going to mcdonalds way to much because it was the cheapest/best food I could find...and I would never tough Mcdonalds with a ten foot pole if I were stateside.
    1- damnit havent you euros heard of ICEWATER!!!! you take these trays and put them in some place cold to make ice...then you put it in water to make it taste good. you dont drink warm fizzy water...WTF is wrong with you all. ( this is the first thing americans want when they come back).

as you can see, most of the complaints revolve around food Americans tend to rather like the old world folks when we go over there, then whenever we talk to people stateside we go " oh you havent been?" like some elitist rich prick.

remember this is not a "lets bash americans thread" its the complaints you hear from your fellow countrymen when they travel abroad.

Dayman's Avatar Romesick

Default Re: top complaints you hear from your tourists

13- I had to walk around with a canadian flag on my backpack just so I wouldnt get harassed
    Traitors.

My old British friends hated the ridiculous drinking age especially in the medieval state of Pennsylvania.

LoZz's Avatar who are you?

yer walking into a bar in america and being told no is quite a shock. makes you feel like a kid (again!)

Civitate

There was one i saw in a news article.
    A british guy complains in his tourist resort in Germany because there are too many Germans.

Plonkdog's Avatar Tiro

I am Australian who drinks nothing but Lemon Linme and Bitters in restaurants and was greatly irritated by the fact that no-one in Britain knows what it actually is! In a pub in London I asked for one and they gave me a double whiskey! I can't even drink yet. its not as if lemon lime and bitters sounds anything like double whiskey. also, I agree with the yanks when they say they can't find the still water in Europe. my trip to Germany put me off carbonated water for ever.
    Dh'aindeoin co'theireadh e - Gainsay Who Dare

Around here, when tourists shop, and you ask for their zip code at work.. they act all shocked you can't tell they're visiting.

You get so many nationalities around here and most are US citizens, don't get offended if I assume you're from here. Had some Danish woman act all uppity on me during the winter for that reason. It's Chicago ffs, expect some diversity.

Thanatos's Avatar Now Is Not the Time
    Moderator Emeritus

Psh. Nobody visits Los Angeles. If they do, they complain about how dirty everything is.

Well, can't complain about them telling the truth...

Dayman's Avatar Romesick

Everybody visits Los Angeles, liar.

top complaint i hear:

"where are all the Luxembourgians?!"
    "Siehst du in des Waldes Grün feindlicher Gewehrmaschin?"
    - Peronje

"Der NKWD in Russland, der SD im Deutschland des Dritten Reiches und alle anderen Geheimpolizeiorganisationen ähnlicher Art sind Spielwiesen für Psychopathen, für Usurpatoren illegaler Macht über Millionen.
    Dort liegen die Krebsherde der modernen Gesellschaft."

aus "Holt Hartmann vom Himmel" Motorbuch Verlag Spezial 2007

Dayman's Avatar Romesick

Mmm...Luxembourger...

also, I agree with the yanks when they say they can't find the still water in Europe. my trip to Germany put me off carbonated water for ever.
    Well, in my experience, all you need to do is ask. The worst thing that can happen is that you'd get bottled still water that costs as much as the carbonated (I hate when that happens )

I ended up going to mcdonalds way to much because it was the cheapest/best food I could find
    Turkish/Greek fast food (gyros/doner) might be more expensive then McD, but you get more, and, more important, 10 times better food...

I get loads of tourists at work. Most of the complaints (or compliments, whatever) I get is "why don't we have one of these in __?" or the less subtle "come and make these in ___."

Atterdag's Avatar Tro og Håb

Me in a coupple of days:

What do you mean that I can't have a mothering beer?

Damn you oh so much America ;(
    Granted Lettre de Marque by King Henry V - Spurs given by imb39
    Сканија је Данска

عیسی پسر مریم گفت :' جهان است پل ، عبور بیش از آن است ، اما هیچ ساخت خانه بر آن او امیدوار است که برای یک روز ، ممکن است برای ابدیت امیدواریم ، اما ماندگار جهان اما ساعت آن را صرف در دعا و نماز برای استراحت است نهان

All of the Balkans is not worth the bones of a single Pomeranian grenadier.
    Otto von Bismarck

Juno's Avatar Vicarius

Europe is nothing but tourist trash.

Slay the mods.

Mod Hit-List: Annaeus, IMB, scottishranger, Exariste, Garnier, Scorch, Pannonian, Trax.

Four down, four to go.

Your days are numbered, gentlemen.

Quote Originally Posted by Atterdag View Post
    Me in a coupple of days:

What do you mean that I can't have a mothering beer?

Damn you oh so much America ;(
    Where are you going Atterdag? Some cities let you in bars even if you're under 21... then buying a drink is a lot easier.

Indefinitely Banned

When I go to new places I tell them I'm Canadian and then they look at me and go "WTF D00oood?? ur like a terrorist or sumtin, canadian r wite maaan". :-/

And that was from an illiterate Chinese farmer that doesn't even speak english!

Atterdag's Avatar Tro og Håb

@Fuzzy

I'm going to Washington (Seattle), Oregon (just driving through) and California (San Fransico).
    But I'm also going to Canada (British Columbia), Vancouver and maybe Calgary.
    Quitting the geschmögen is bad enough, but staying away from alcohol? No way ^^
    Granted Lettre de Marque by King Henry V - Spurs given by imb39
    Сканија је Данска

عیسی پسر مریم گفت :' جهان است پل ، عبور بیش از آن است ، اما هیچ ساخت خانه بر آن او امیدوار است که برای یک روز ، ممکن است برای ابدیت امیدواریم ، اما ماندگار جهان اما ساعت آن را صرف در دعا و نماز برای استراحت است نهان

All of the Balkans is not worth the bones of a single Pomeranian grenadier.
    Otto von Bismarck

my friends who went stateside complained about:
    the food
    how rude people were in LA (but nice in new york)
    how unbelievably fat some people were, honestly theres a whole different class of fat over there.

but its clearly not that bad coz they all had a great time and when i went i had no serious complaints.
    Sired by Niccolo Machiavelli
    Adopted by Ferrets54
    Father of secret basement children Boeing and Shyam Popat

Quote Originally Posted by scheuch13 View Post
    4- you damn uptight germans, just give us directions, we know you speak english, stop saying you dont!

(They're catching on.)

Quote Originally Posted by Atterdag View Post
    @Fuzzy

I'm going to Washington (Seattle), Oregon (just driving through) and California (San Fransico).
    But I'm also going to Canada (British Columbia), Vancouver and maybe Calgary.
    Quitting the geschmögen is bad enough, but staying away from alcohol? No way ^^
    Hmm...I don't know anything about the drinking ages there. If it's a quiet town and you look old enough they probably won't ask. Or just ask the guy checking what the age limit is.

Oregon is gorgeous, as is Seattle. Are you going to hit up Olympia National Park? It's got some amazing sights, and delicious berries everywhere. You'll love BC and Vancouver! Calgary...not so much. But anything in BC, yes. Hopefully you'll see Banff and Jasper too!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast