Thread: [EU3 IN] Income Types

Default [EU3 IN] Income Types

I just figured out how tariffs work and am almost done building up a 100 frigate fleet to maximize the income of my great British Empire.

Now looking over my income in the ledger, I have to wonder what harbor fees and tolls are, does anyone know how these work?

Retired moderator of TWC
    | Under the patronage of Atterdag

tco's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: [EU3 IN] Income Types

Tolls are I think when you have an ocean side COT, harbor fees might be this I am not sure.

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

How do tariffs work?

Quote Originally Posted by ccllnply View Post
    How do tariffs work?
    Income from your overseas provinces is given through tariffs. You need one little ship or big ship (Barque or Carrack at start) to get this income. If you have 20 overseas provinces and 10 ships, you will get 50% of the income from those provinces, you WON'T get max income from 10 and no income from the rest.

I had just noticed that I was getting only 20% of my overseas income in my British Empire, so I went on a shipbuilding spree to get 80 more frigates...

Retired moderator of TWC

Hmm didn't know little ships counted.... i had like 200 ship fleets of all large ships in my Dutch game.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

tco's Avatar Ducenarius

The biggest effect is actually not the tax but the trade tariffs (called harbor fees in IN to avoid confusion with the new 'tariff' income category).
    Here is a better definition of harbor fees.

Quote Originally Posted by tco View Post
    Here is a better definition of harbor fees.
    So is it(harbour fees) that you get some income from all the trade goods being traded through CoT's that you own?

And if thats so are tolls the same thing but for inland CoTs?

Retired moderator of TWC

tco's Avatar Ducenarius

Tolls are provinces trading trough your cot any cot not just inland. I think. :hmmm:

Tolls are your trade efficiency multiplied by the total number of units of anything produced in your empire. Grain counts the same as coffee. Big empires get more tolls because they produce more stuff. This is just stuff produced. It has nothing to do with COT's.

Harbor fees are what you get paid for merchants in your COT's. The more merchants in your COT's, the bigger your harbor fees.

You can get tolls without owning a COT. IIRC its trade goods moving through your stuff to get to a cot (any).

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarbiter View Post
    You can get tolls without owning a COT. IIRC its trade goods moving through your stuff to get to a cot (any).
    Ajm just said it was a percentage of your total trade good units in all your empire.

Retired moderator of TWC

Ok, I'm playing a game as the Netherlands. I'm getting 100% tariffs but for some reason I'm only getting 4.3 ducats from them. I have about 10 colonies and most of them say they have about 8 ducats from tariffs. About 4 of them also have gold but I'm only getting 5 ducats per month frmo gold. Whats going on?

Well at the risk of stating the obvious, you know that the income on the province screen is the income per year and not per month right?

No, I didn't know that. Thanks! *hides in corner*

Quote Originally Posted by ccllnply View Post
    No, I didn't know that. Thanks! *hides in corner*
    And if that's not confusing enough the population growth rates are per decade (except for colonies.)