Thread: The Warband of England

Default The Warband of England

This is my first attempt at both an AAR and DLV so play nice, I'm playing as england since I'm mostly familiar with them.

Also as long as I don't control all of England, I will represent this fractured nature by putting out "Warbands" as in small armies run by Captains looking for glory.
    Last edited by Sinan_Turk; July 09, 2008 at 12:32 PM.

Default Re: The Warband of England

1180-1: Rebellious Lords.

It was troublesome times for the 'great' Kingdom of England, the rebellious lords of York and Hampshire had long been amassing a great force against King Henry. His son Richard was swiftly married off to a Flemish princess in order to consolidate his power on the continent and to gain a vital ally against France.

Richards last words to his father were "If god wills it we will live to see our nations glory." whether or not this was to happen remained to be seen.

Henry's aim was to last as long as he could in a prolonged siege in London to wear down the rebel lords forces slowly, while Richard became more powerful.

Earlier in the year his negotiations with neighbors went well getting trade rights with France and Scotland.

The Rebel lords attacked, with a minor noble a man known as Wat of Berkshire, said to be the heir to the rebel domain, Prince Richard was to amass the biggest force he could and to attack, this would bankrupt the nations coffers but would be worth it in the long run.

the next year young John, came of age (in my game it is 12) and was smuggled to Nottingham past Wat's notice as Richard attacked him, at the battle of Richards Crown. He won convincingly as John began his education the immediate future looked secure.

Arto's Avatar Praefectus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Interesting, an AAR without pictures I'll subscribe.
    Knowledge is a deadly friend, if no one sets the rules. The fate of all mankind I see, is in the hands of fools - King Crimson's Epitaph.
    תחי מדינת ישראל

1181-5: Stability and Expansion.

The next years were to be the years that ensured the Kingdoms economic stability, with the conquest of Southampton and of Rennes. This had allowed King Henry to gain an extra source of income along with the foreign trade he was gaining two new cities were to add to this early prosperity.

However things were stirring in York as they had gained a formidable force of levied troops and mercenaries, Henry would send Prince John to deal with their gaining power as soon as his education had been completed.

Princess Matilda married Guillaume de Lyon and this relationship had provided a child, Hubert. Prince Richard had also provided a child, a female but his wife was spoiled in such a way that all doctors thought that she would never bare children again.

King Henry's authority in the Kingdom had risen sharply, in a way that all nobles, except of course the Duke of York respected him.