Thread: Cant get the game to work?

Default Cant get the game to work?

Hey so the other day RS randomly stopped working after my pc performed an automated system scan. No matter what i did i couldnt get the game to work. Even RTW and BI wouldnt work. I could get to the start up page (ie install/play game/options/extras, etc) and if i clicked on 'play game' nothing would happen, id just be returned to the desktop.

So, i reinstalled everything and started essentially from scratch. And it worked yesterday evening and i thought all was well. But i just tried to get onto RS now and its not working again.

I have a feeling that it has something to do with the bi/rtw.exe file/s. Maybe they're corrupted or something, but i dont see how that could have happened between now and last night :S
    I also got a msg about a missing mss32.dll file but i dont know what that means lol..

Any advice on this issue would be greatly appreciated

(i also apologise as this isnt strictly RS related, but the problem did occur around the time i installed 1.5a so perhaps that had some form of effect, although i would assume its unlikely)

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Default Re: Cant get the game to work?

The file (mss32.dll) is related to the Miles Sound System (which RTW can use). If you google it there are a few web sites that have it avaialble for download;

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?mss32

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here