Thread: help

Default help

In all my xgm campaigns as rome the game after a week to the year bout roughly 275 til 270 always crashes when i load it up. Any ideas?

this has happened 3 times and is seriously putting me off rtw ecspecially the last one where i had two stacks off all armoured experienced etc troops,a 10 star general and had sicily all italy except patavium, corsica and sardinia and the balaerics.

also if any one has a rome campaign around the era and also roughly the same scenario please send it as I really want the legions.

Also this crash never happens in any other campign faction.

cheers

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: help

Can you provide a few more details?

Quote Originally Posted by DimeBagHo View Post
    Bug reports are a lot more useful if you can include the following information.

1. The version number of XGM you started your campaign with.
    2. The version number you are playing now.
    3. The install options you selected when you installed XGM.
    4. The faction you were playing.
    5. The active faction when the error occurs.
    6. When the error occurs (game start, tun end, strat map, battle map, etc).
    7. The game year when the error occurs.

You can also e-mail saved games to me. They are often useful in tracking down the source of an error.

its the one with massilia as a pc only. Im rome as aa new campaign but its happened before in different versions.its weird never happens with any one else.It crashes when i load the game up just crahes back to desktop and turns rome off.I tried both ym auto and manual saves same thing!!also i dleted the game save in a midst of frustration but any ideas on how to avoid these crashes as rome would be invaluable. install options areland bridges on redcuced bonuses no loyalty no alex everything else on i think.

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

I ran a couple of quick test campaigns with Rome, up to 250 BC, and couldn't see any problems.

A couple of things you could try: (1) Turn off auto-saves. I have heard of people having problems with auto-save on. (2) Re-install RTW. If your original game files have been messed up by some other mod that might cause problems.

Yeh im gonna disable autosave shudve looked through previous problems first before posting .Its so frustrating having to start a new campaign but must be done. I only ever use xgm so another mod isnt involved. Sure ill see how it is now when autosave is disabled . Cheers dime