Thread: Multiplayer Grievences - Petition wanting to lobby the powers as thus for reform and solutions to the multiplayer Crisis!

General_Vladimir's Avatar Miles

Icon4 Multiplayer Grievences - Petition wanting to lobby the powers as thus for reform and solutions to the multiplayer Crisis!

http://www.petitiononline.com/TWmpc/petition.html

Hail all members of the Total War community

This is a call to arms! We have put up with the horrible Gamespy system for long enough!!

We, as members of the Total War community, as gamers of the Total War series and as members of Clans, we must lobby the powers as thus to change the Multiplayer system!!

A petition has been created in which we should all sign. Once signed we should constantly lobby Gamespy, The Creative Assembly, SEGA, IGN Interactive (supporting of Gamespy) under the control of Fox Interactive Entertainment!! I will send the petition once complete to them and all the voices of thus a community will be heard! No matter how vein it is to try, it is worse not to try.

We need to do something instead of complaining and sitting on our laurels. We need to put pressure on them to do something, release a patch, release something that will fix these constant and horrendous problems!

As customers of these companies, we are supposed to be guaranteed a multiplayer platform in order if we wish to play online, we can with all the vigour to have fun as much as we like. But in this series Total War has failed us.

As Merrick from Arcani clearly illustrates in his saying whence signed the petition:

Working with GS has always been an uphill fight, in a losing battle.
    For years this problem has been going on, and Gamespy only has released the bare minimum in improvements; where nearlly every other game has had countless upgrades to their servers for the enjoyment of the multiplayer experience. As Consumers that guarantee is forfeit. MTW2 does not have a stable system to play on!

In Rome: total War, it fails miserably, you cannot play an hour straight without some issue, some GS error popping up, some server disconnecting or crashing altogether! Its enough of these problems that some nights we cannot even play a decent game, or have fun!!

Many people have left this dear community because of these troubles that we face. Let us be united in voice, let us tell them what we want, for them to solve it.

I thank you for taking your time in reading this, and thank you if you have signed; for one signature is worth ten thousand words in disagreement, and maybe, just maybe it will achieve something productive.

Edit: At the last I must add an apology but a fact why I posted similar post in the RTW mp. It is because RTW mutiplayer players might not visit the MTW2 section mp. Because RTW has the same crisis, I post here as thus. And the apology is due to this. Sorry for any inconvenience.
    Last edited by General_Vladimir; July 08, 2008 at 01:33 AM. Reason: Must add why its here as well as MTW2 MP
    Emperor of the Total War clan, the Warriors Of Troy!!!Warriors of Troy are Recruiting!! We are a Total War Clan
    Forums: http://warriorsoftroy.myfreeforum.org/index.php

emotion_name's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Multiplayer Grievences - Petition wanting to lobby the powers as thus for reform and solutions to the multiplayer Crisis!

Hail Emporer!!

Great to see someone has finally decided to let relevant parties know they are underperforming!! I'd encourage everyone who has ever had any problems to sign this, and encourage all your MP friends to sign it as well!! Do you think ETW servers will be any better if no-one alerts them to the current faults and feelings these generate in the Total War Community?

Default Re: Multiplayer Grievences - Petition wanting to lobby the powers as thus for reform and solutions to the multiplayer Crisis!

I think that the idea is good, GS is not the most stable system but then again MP was not the main part of the game. Still, as you said we deserve a stable mp system.
    But I really don't have a lot of problems with GS, sometimes I have connection problems but I also have those with other games that I play online.
    Bigger problem is behaviour but that is something that needs to be done by GS admins and the players themselves(unfortunately, since they will not change).
    Every time you :wub:, god kills another kitten.
    If you're gonna hire Machete to kill the bad guy, you better make damn sure the bad guy isn't YOU!

'I understand, and I take the light into my soul. I will become the spear of Khaine. Lightning flashes, blood falls, death pierces the darkness.' , Dhrykna.

Problem I hear all the time, GS really isn't very good and spoils the multiplayer experience that I paid for, certainly won't be buying anymore of their games until they improve

Prince_of_Macedon's Avatar Πρίγκηψ της Μακεδονίας

Have to close this thread, mate. Can't have duplicate threads in different sub-forums.

We'll let the one in Medieval II remain open because that's where most of the problems are.

Forumers who are interested in this may take part in the discussion here in the Medieval II Multiplayer section.
    Last edited by Prince_of_Macedon; July 08, 2008 at 05:14 PM.
    HOW TO PLAY EMPIRE TOTAL WAR OFFLINE

"It is a lovely thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown." - ALEXANDER THE GREAT

Watch my online-commentary battles here
    Under the Patronage of Hader