Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: This Game Is Boring After A While

Default This Game Is Boring After A While

When I played this game for the first time I was like "Oh my ing zombie God! This game is insanely addictive!" However, after a few days of intense gameplaying, the game gets pretty repetitive. I have basically done and seen everything the game has to offer.

I just hope the game's official release will contain much more depth and loads other new features and items.

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." -- Robert Pirsig

"Feminists are silent when the bills arrive." -- Aetius

"Women have made a pact with the devil — in return for the promise of exquisite beauty, their window to this world of lavish male attention is woefully brief." -- Some Guy

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: This Game Is Boring After A While

Every game becomes like that after awhile. Thats why there are mods
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

Yeah its problematic, for it to even become remotely interesting again for you you might want to try
    Cranking up the difficulty.
    Fighting for a new faction.
    Trying a new style of character (throwing axes is fun to try out)
    Becoming a trader type instead of a fighting type (gets boring even more quickly i guess)
    Fighting under certain "rules" i can give you random ones if you like such as
    "Mercenaries Only+heroes as fighters!" "No heroes" "One man army"(only when you reach a high level) and "Blunt weapons only" which can make the game more challenging and sometimes interesting
    Alternatively you could write guides for the game. Which is always interesting .
    "If you can't get rid of the skeleton in your closet, you'd best teach it to dance." - George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)

Savage_Swede's Avatar Carolus Rex

Quote Originally Posted by jankren View Post
    When I played this game for the first time I was like "Oh my ing zombie God! This game is insanely addictive!" However, after a few days of intense gameplaying, the game gets pretty repetitive. I have basically done and seen everything the game has to offer.

I just hope the game's official release will contain much more depth and loads other new features and items.
    Just scream if you feel like handing that activation code over

I really really want the game, but there is no way for me to get hold of it as long as i have to use credit cards to pay with, so you just be happy that you have it!

Sig by Lord Rahl
    Under the patronage of Obi Wan Asterix

Europa Barbarorum, what RTW should have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage_Swede View Post
    Just scream if you feel like handing that activation code over

I really really want the game, but there is no way for me to get hold of it as long as i have to use credit cards to pay with, so you just be happy that you have it!
    Lol, trust me I felt the same as you in the beginning and immediately reached for my wallet the moment the trial ended. But after a while I kinda regretted paying for it but then again it was only $25 and there is a big probability that the final release will be better and I wont have to pay the full price. In other words, this is like an investment for me.

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." -- Robert Pirsig

"Feminists are silent when the bills arrive." -- Aetius

"Women have made a pact with the devil — in return for the promise of exquisite beauty, their window to this world of lavish male attention is woefully brief." -- Some Guy

I think the full version will mostly have new stuff but nothing reveloutionary.
    However i wouldnt put it past them to add in a few quests and items after the first several patches, Small companies tend to do that to keep their fanbases happy.
    "If you can't get rid of the skeleton in your closet, you'd best teach it to dance." - George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)

Numenor's Avatar Campidoctor

I agree that the game needs more stuff. Dont ask me what, but it needs... something. I love the game, dont get me wrong. I think what would really spice the game would be a co-op online compaign. At least we would have some competition!
    [IMG]

I've been playing this thing since version .808 I've never really gotten bored with it.

The game badly needs a long term reward you can work for. Should be harder to get insanely good weapons and armor and there should be items that provide bonuses with the requirement of more stats then strength and intellegence.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage_Swede View Post
    Oh yes there is
    falnk with cavlary. stay a way from muder hoels.

boofhead's Avatar Dux Limitis

I bought it for my 6 year old son. He's an absolute master of the game. He's better than I am in battles.

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

Wow smart 6yr old.
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

Solution: Put all the difficulty to max and play on foot as a Nord with Nord troops and Nord equipment. Beat the game and come back here when you've done that.

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Vilhjalmr View Post
    Solution: Put all the difficulty to max and play on foot as a Nord with Nord troops and Nord equipment. Beat the game and come back here when you've done that.
    Nord troops are damn good, especially in siege battles.

Now, if he can do it with Rhodoks, THEN I'll be impressed.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

They're good, yes, but Knights will tear them apart if you're not careful.

But yeah, Rhodoks are, um, special.

To be honest the game can seem a little repetitive and so my philosophy has always been to install mods. There's so many I never get bored.

But regardless of any lack of depth as of current stage of the beta I would say it really never gets old to ride down your enemies or pick them of the back of their mounts with a bow and arrow. That never gets old to me

Numenor's Avatar Campidoctor

i was able to destroy swadia with the rhodoks... :\
    [IMG]

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

I'm the exact opposite of the OP. I find this game really boring at the start. Having to build up your money to get some half decent equipment and then killing bandits until your Renown goes high for you to be able to join a faction. The only thing that keeps me going at the start is knowing that the rest of the game will really, really class

Quote Originally Posted by Numenor View Post
    i was able to destroy swadia with the rhodoks... :\

That's all very well, but on what difficulty percentage?

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

Quote Originally Posted by the_mango55 View Post
    Nord troops are damn good, especially in siege battles.

Now, if he can do it with Rhodoks, THEN I'll be impressed.
    The rhodoks aren't that bad in sieges, simply by virtue of their long reach weapons. Of course my primary experience in sieges as the Rhodoks (well...Rhodok Rebels, hoho) are against Nords, Rhodoks, and Khergits. The nords are pretty tough: it basically requires you lead the assault yourself and help carve a path for your troops, as they'll get chopped up otherwise.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast