Thread: Mongol review

Carl von Döbeln's Avatar Crossing the Rubicon

Default Mongol review

I saw this last week and loved it. Many of my friends did not want to see it because they were not interested in the subject matter and ended up loving the film. There is a fair amount of blood so if one is bothered by violence, you may not enjoy it. , but there was also beautiful cinematography, landscapes, and very well done battle scenes. This film could possibly be in the running for the best foreign film Oscar
    But is was many unhistorical things to..so
    7/10
    Last edited by Carl von Döbeln; July 09, 2008 at 07:28 AM.

Default Re: Mongol review

Can you think of a movie w/o historical inaccuracies?
    Of course, there's a lot of criticism, but it's still a good movie.
    BTW, from what I know there will be 2 more installments - can't wait to see the Khwarezm campaign!

wilpuri's Avatar It Gets Worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Von Döbeln View Post
    I saw this last week and loved it. Many of my friends did not want to see it because they were not interested in the subject matter and ended up loving the film. There is a fair amount of blood so if one is bothered by violence, you may not enjoy it. In some ways it reminded me of Braveheart because you learned about the history, but there was also beautiful cinematography, landscapes, and very well done battle scenes. This film could possibly be in the running for the best foreign film Oscar
    But is was many unhistorical things to..so
    7/10
    The two emphasized words are incompatible.
    The common culture of a tribe is a sign of its inner cohesion. But tribes are vanishing from the modern world, as are all forms of traditional society. Customs, practices, festivals, rituals and beliefs have acquired a flut and half-hearted quality which reflects our nomadic and rootless existence, predicated as we are on the global air-waves.

ROGER SCRUTON, Modern Culture

Legionary Jezza's Avatar Praefectus

Lol I was unsure about this film because a modern film with a historical setting=BS nowadays so I thought I would geta pirate copy and if I like it I would buy the original (just for box art lol) but it was in Russian

Skooma Addict's Avatar Campidoctor

@ Wilpuri.. Are you kidding me! Braveheart is the story of how Sir Mel Gibson fought to free Scotland from English rule.