Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A RTW cheater online.

Axeman's Avatar Praepositus

Default A RTW cheater online.

While this does little good, a player by the name of Legion 14 edited game files. He modded in elephants , pharro's bowmen , and Scythed chariots for the brutii , needless to say this kind of makes the game imbalanced .

I am really curious as how this is possible , by simply transfering ownership of units you get an error saying version is not compatible , yet I was able to join no problem. Also is there any-way to protect against this besides looking at your opponets faction?

Thanks an advance.

☻/ This is Muhammad.
    /▌  Copy and paste him
    / \ so as to commit horrible blasphemy!
    If there were a God, I think it very unlikely that he would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt his existence. --Bertrand Russell

Default Re: A RTW cheater online.

I have faced a spartan spam under the banner of Julii. I am curious how they do that ? :hmmm:

Also, unfortunately, I don't think it is possible to detect that.

Prince_of_Macedon's Avatar Πρίγκηψ της Μακεδονίας

Moving to the MP Discussion area.
    HOW TO PLAY EMPIRE TOTAL WAR OFFLINE

"It is a lovely thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown." - ALEXANDER THE GREAT

Watch my online-commentary battles here
    Under the Patronage of Hader

There's a douche player called Cassandra who likes to play MP with giant Yubtseb elephants. How this is done is as big a question as what the hell is the point.
    Cluny the Scourge's online Rome: Total War voice-commentated battle videos can be found here: http://uk.youtube.com/profile?user=C...e1&view=videos - View on High Quality only.

Cluny will roast you on a spit in your own juice...

Civis

SaintSmrynePoliceCarp...or soemthing like that...does it as well. The 1st time i laughed and didnt say a word. The 2nd time, i specifically asked if he was going to do it, he said no, but then he did it anyway. The 3rd time, i just quit and i wont bother playing one of his games anymore.
    Have to agree with you Cluny, what is the point in playing like this? To win a game using these armies surely cant be that satisfying ? Fun against a mate maybe, but against someone that doesn't know its coming...pointless, and outright cheating.

emotion_name's Avatar Protector Domesticus

There's a douche player called Cassandra who likes to play MP with giant Yubtseb elephants
    Yep, Cassandra has got me with the Yutseb as well

Like you all said, a bit of warning wouldnt go amiss instead of them just doing it but, some people really cant handle losing so will do anything to become victorious.

Thanks for the names of other players who do this as i refuse to play them and now i wont be caught again by some irritating, Roman elephant using, sore loser!!

It's the same reason people hack any game, they just want to feel important by winning and laugh at how they "fooled" or "pissed off" the other player. If you get into a game with one, don't say anything to them you wouldn't say to a normal player with impeccable manners. Don't give them the satisfaction of knowing they've ticked you off, this is probably the best thing you can do.

I did think modding the game files like that kept you from joining normal MP games, though. :\
    "The dark giant lay sprawled on the sands of Tunis. Far to the north the new champion of the arena lifted his arms in triumph. The galleys passed upon the sea, the soldiers laid down their arms, cities were rebuilt and peace was everywhere welcomed. The supine giant was unconscious, but not dead. Slowly he began to raise himself upon his elbows."
    ~Hannibal, by Ernie Bradford

Couldn't agree more JEEEZ these guys must be bad players to have to resort to that to win

Other dubious tactics Iv'e seen are the dodgy maps (sitting on top of a hill with a forest in front of you) and the 1000000000 denari no art no elephant no archers game with them picking greece and carthage noob boxes

Decanus

you need to edit the file, change the file save the army and then change the file back again and you can get what you want. Although in any serious game you wouldn't be able to get away with it.

Xavier Dragnesi's Avatar Esse quam videre

The people who do that don't seem to realise that even though they're winning because they have all this stuff, they're also pissing their opponent/s off. It's just because they are so focused on winning some battles for the object of boasting, that they don't consider what their actions do. These players are among the worst.

Haven't seen this but the best thing you can do as admit defeat right away so the game is over and the cheater doesn't have any fun with it.

I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only make them think - Socrates
    Barbarus hic ego sum, quia non intellegor ulli - Ovidius
    The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool - William Shakespeare
    A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier Dragnesi View Post
    The people who do that don't seem to realise that even though they're winning because they have all this stuff, they're also pissing their opponent/s off. It's just because they are so focused on winning some battles for the object of boasting, that they don't consider what their actions do. These players are among the worst.
    The worst ones are the ones that do it deliberately to piss people off.
    Thank God R:TW online multiplayer doesn't track stats. That'd be a nightmare.

I'd agree, simply admit defeat and leave; if they can never get a game, they'll stop doing it because it defeats the purpose.
    "The dark giant lay sprawled on the sands of Tunis. Far to the north the new champion of the arena lifted his arms in triumph. The galleys passed upon the sea, the soldiers laid down their arms, cities were rebuilt and peace was everywhere welcomed. The supine giant was unconscious, but not dead. Slowly he began to raise himself upon his elbows."

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshead View Post
    Haven't seen this but the best thing you can do as admit defeat right away so the game is over and the cheater doesn't have any fun with it.
    The best way if possible to beat them, in my case enemy had full upgraded spartans and I beat him with romans and he responded;

"You changed stats of units"...

But in other cases, such as olimphaunt cheat it is not possible to beat enemy I think.

unless you use oliphants : P
    We will find a way, or we will make one
    - Hannibal Barca

Yes, but in all those men there, not one is named Gisco
    - Hannibal Barca

[center][url=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/URL

Civis

those big ass eles still die when they hit spears. Just not quite as quickly

emotion_name's Avatar Protector Domesticus

But if you're in a high money battle, both of you Romans, you really dont think you have any need for spears!!

Civis

very true emotion, i was just making a point that those big eles still die on spears like their little cousins do.

Oliphaunts can be killed, but they will do a ridiculously disproportionate amount of damage and disrupt your entire army, enabling the enemy to rush in and slaughter you.

zedestroyer's Avatar Biarchus

I defeated a player with oliphants, using Thrace. I had a 1 vs 1 battle with a observer, that was using Oliphants. After I had won, I fought the observer and won, with some casualties, the trick was the combo: archers + phalanx.

Of course, if you play max money there is the inherent danger of crap like this happening. Better to play on lesser monies so they cannot afford ridiculous OTT things like max gold Spartans as Rome.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast