Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Curia Ivlia, Consulate of Lepidus/Ulpianus (II)

Default Re: Curia Ivlia, Consulate of Lepidus/Ulpianus

ooc: it will be done in ten minuets
    COME AND JOIN IMPERIUM!: The brand new Roman RPG that lets choose from being an average citizen to a Dictator of rome. COME AND JOIN!!

Caesar stands....

My friends. We still have the matter whether or not we should take Lambaesis. Therefore as the Presiding leaderof the senate I propose this motion...

That Pro Praetor Vitruvius be given the Imperium to take the city of Lambaesis if he so chooses.
    Alistair Yronwood - Lord of Yronwood, Warden of the Stone Way, Blood Royal

"Darkness? I was born in it...molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man. By then it was nothing to me but blinding! The shadows betray you because they belong to me!
    "But there must always be a Darth Traya, one that holds the knowledge of betrayal. Who has been betrayed in their heart, and will betray in turn."

"You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks! "

Philos Sophos's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Tiberius stands up and says with confidence.
    "We can't discuss a trial without evidence,so I close this topic.And I shall put that motion up senator."

O Sancta Simplicitas!

ooc:arent you in greece?

Thank you Consul Ulpianus
    Alistair Yronwood - Lord of Yronwood, Warden of the Stone Way, Blood Royal

"Darkness? I was born in it...molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man. By then it was nothing to me but blinding! The shadows betray you because they belong to me!
    "But there must always be a Darth Traya, one that holds the knowledge of betrayal. Who has been betrayed in their heart, and will betray in turn."

"You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks! "

Sulla stands his face so sweaty he can barely see

May...I ask...if our legions have been retrained yet?

Caesar Rex's Avatar Campidoctor

OOC:
    ooc Rex since both sitting consuls are away from Rome the Praetor Urbanis would decide the course of the senate according to the order of succession passed last term so you have no right to tell the senate what they can and can't talk about.
    I might have no right but I am here to keep order and order was far from being kept with the personal attacks. I did not indicate which way the topics were to go!
    Co-Founder and Leader at Clan Dream (Multi-National Online Gaming Community)

Voice Chat @ Discord

Crassus stands

Sulla our legions are being retrained as we commence...am I correct?
    Senator Marcus Licinius Crassus-Senator of Roma
    Gens Licinia

Tiberivs we do not need to give the pro-preator such imperium, it is already his! in fact, we don`t even need to think about the matter, especially since we have so many other things going on.

What is happening with the greek offensive?

What about our military power?
    People will believe a lie because they want it to be true; or they're afraid it's true.
    Given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe its true, or because they're afraid it might be true. Peoples' heads are full of knowledge, facts and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Philos Sophos's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Ooc:sorry,Im on a trip and uh...Im too lazy to...uh...read things

O Sancta Simplicitas!

OoC: Gah, useless all of you!
    People will believe a lie because they want it to be true; or they're afraid it's true.
    Given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe its true, or because they're afraid it might be true. Peoples' heads are full of knowledge, facts and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Xavier Dragnesi's Avatar Esse quam videre

Sextus sighs. The Senate is a mess these days. Half the senators speak without knowing what's coming out of their mouths, while others don't even know what to speak about.

Senators, we need to organise what can be fixed and left aside, and what has to be discussed.

Things fixed:
    - Plan for trial against Tiberius Julius Caesar to be postponed on display of evidence
    - Lambaesis to be taken at the discretion of the Propraetor
    - Economic report from Quaestor already in

Things to be discussed:
    - Update on the Greek offensive
    - Sending of reinforcements to our main war fronts, namely Greece and Gaul
    - Provincial reports (some of these have come, but not all)

Maxinius Scipio's Avatar Decanus

ooc: I don't mean to make an all-ooc post, but I'm not sure how to respond to those in-character. Winter hasn't been able to give us an update on Greece because *someone* has been hogging the save, I think. I'm not sure who's hogging it, but whoever is really needs to hand it over immediately. And, since Winter hasn't gotten the save yet, the Proconsuls and Propraetors can't give us updates on their provinces. The only issue we can really discuss is the trial, but apparently we're not allowed to discuss it here.
    Gnaevs Theodosivs Festvs(49), Senator of Rome!
    Praefectus Praetorio Italiae
    Fallaces sunt rerum species. (Appearances are deceptive) - Seneca
    Titles Held: Senatore Romani, Eqves, Paters Familias, Praefectus
    Praetorio Italiae

OoC: The trial is not to be discussed here because the Censor needs to decide if there are even ground to begin a trial! It is a matter for the courts, not the governing body of the republic!

In response to Qunitus Aemilius.
    I will let you all know that what is currently being done with the save is to the detriment of YATS. This is another more serious offence than the one that Tiberius Julius has commited and will be seen as such. I expect word of the save being in its rightful hands asap otherwise as moderator someone will find themselves in a different hearing with mcuh more severe outcomes than a mear IC one.

Voice Chat @ Discord

We shall fwee...Wode's Avatar Senator

OOC: Currently the only issue to really discuss is the matter of the save and it seems that it plagues this term dreadfully. It is however soemthing that can't be discussed in Character so if you want we can go in the "slow save system" topic I started, ironically, directly before this term.
    add "wick" on the end of my name.

Gaivs Atilivs Balbvs - senator YATS, age 30)

Nephew of Marcvs Atilivs Balbvs, died in battle aged 48

The forums Monty Python nutter!

Senators of Rome.
    After much deliberation and many a meeting with other senators and businessmen, a formal charge has been laid against the Praetor, Tiberius Julius Caesar.
    The presiding consul will open a motion to strip this man of his imperium, Spurius Vitruvius will be recalled from Africa as the only praetor equivalent to stand as judge.
    This man however will not be tried alone.
    Those who partnered with him will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
    Those who seek retribution know where to find it.
    At the bottom of the tarpeian rock.
    A list of the conspirators will be named shortly...

the Tarpeian Rock
    Last edited by Caesar Rex; July 17, 2008 at 01:07 AM.

Voice Chat @ Discord

Now that the Censor has formally laid the charge, we will now see where this trial will be heading.

OOC: I still don't know what the Tarpeian Rock is, and that picture doesn't work...

ooc: The Tarpeian Rock was this high cliff that the Romans used to execute men with massive crimes, by throwing them off the cliff to die below.

OOC: Oh, alright.