Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Curia Ivlia, Consulate of Lepidus/Ulpianus (II)

Winter's Avatar Civitate

Default Curia Ivlia, Consulate of Lepidus/Ulpianus (II)

Artist's depiction of the Curia Ivlia, completed in 29b.c.

Magistrates this term:
    Consuls - Lepidus and Ulpianus
    Proconsul - Africanus and Parthicus
    Propraetor - Habitus
    Praetor - Caesar
    Tribunes - Pontiff and Balbus
    Aediles - Cassius and Sallustias
    Quaestor - Brutus

Orders of Business for this new Senate:

1) Appoint two suffectus governors
    2) Resolve the voting dispute in the Tribunal election
    3) Appoint at least one Censor
    4) If possible, appoint one Praetor suffectus
    5) Determine a new commander for the Illyrian legions

Last edited by Winter; July 07, 2008 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Jeb View Post
    Hah, you're always so helpful to threads Winter. No wonder you got citizen!

Xavier Dragnesi's Avatar Esse quam videre

Default Re: Curia Ivlia, Consulate of Lepidus/Ulpianus

Quintus Marius Parthicus enters the Curia to find a whole heap of positional matters to be discussed and decided on.

Well firstly, Servius Labienus and I must choose our provinces, as must Spurius Vitruvius. As for the suffectus governors, we must find two men who have at least had praetor or propraetor experience to govern the less contested provinces, otherwise, without experience, something bad could happen which we don't want with these wars we already need to deal with.

Senator Brutus walks into the Curia: Welcome friends! I vow to make my term as Quaestor the most economically great term the rpubic has yet seen.
    COME AND JOIN IMPERIUM!: The brand new Roman RPG that lets choose from being an average citizen to a Dictator of rome. COME AND JOIN!!

"Greetings senators! I hope that this term brings much fruit instead of constant arguing." Tertius said as he walked into the Curia.

ooc: Guys, I think I've said this before, but please change the ages on you're sigs to fit the new Cursus. Even if it wasn't to fit the new Cursus, I'm quite sure I haven't seen yours change in ages Jeb

OOC: Due to secret negotiations my guy doesn't age........Oops, he should be 24 now. Hold on...

Senators! Friends! While the last was one of rebirth let this term be one of expansion! Let this term be one of triumph! Let this term be one of victory! As the first of the new praetors I say this I Tiberivs Ivlivs Caesar will judge fairly and honourably...Let the term begin!! OOC:Where do I make my trial threads and how many per day?
    Alistair Yronwood - Lord of Yronwood, Warden of the Stone Way, Blood Royal

"Darkness? I was born in it...molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man. By then it was nothing to me but blinding! The shadows betray you because they belong to me!
    "But there must always be a Darth Traya, one that holds the knowledge of betrayal. Who has been betrayed in their heart, and will betray in turn."

"You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks! "

KoS's Avatar Dux Limitis

Flavius Sallustias enters the Cvria, surprised at how little the physical presence of the Senate floor differs from the way it seemed when he was but a common senator.

Senators of Rome; as I have been granted the honor of being one of the two inaugural Aediles of the Republic, I can promise the people of Rome that public events shall, as they always have, be held throughout our possessions no less often than they have been before. Our building plan for Italia shall suffice our needs, without the risk of excessiveness. And I pledge to my fellow Romans that an increase in taxation will only be put into effect if it is the necessary way to gain the funds we seek, and never otherwise.
    R.I.P. God Save The King (2008-2013)

Winter's Avatar Civitate

OOC: Alright, yes, welcome everyone.

Can we all take a look at this, many of them are rather important...

Orders of Business for this new Senate:

1) Appoint two suffectus governors
    2) Resolve the voting dispute in the Tribunal election
    3) Appoint at least one Censor
    4) If possible, appoint one Praetor suffectus
    5) Determine a new commander for the Illyrian legions

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Jeb View Post
    Hah, you're always so helpful to threads Winter. No wonder you got citizen!

If I may I have a few suggestions for the governer problem I would be willing if I must to govern a province while preforming my duties as Praetor I will, if that is impossible why not send one of our less distinguished senators. As for the censor problem I dont even think we need to vote I suggest we simply appoint Senator Falco Felix as he has done more than enough to be censor. Regarding that of the tribunes I think we should have an election. For the praetor I really dont beilive that it is necassary for there to be two praetors and waste valubal Senators.

"Darkness? I was born in it...molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man. By then it was nothing to me but blinding! The shadows betray you because they belong to me!
    "But there must always be a Darth Traya, one that holds the knowledge of betrayal. Who has been betrayed in their heart, and will betray in turn."

"You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks! "

Vitruvius Stands...

"It is my understanding that Senator Falco is taking a short vacation at his Sicilia Villa. (Went somewhere for a week) He is understandably exhausted after the diplomatic matter with Gaul. He will be gone for six months (1week) so I do not believe the Censor position should be assigned to him."

OOC: Since the first census is going to be kind of complicated, I think it should fall to the mods, thats me, Winter, and Rex, next election we will have more choices for Census

IC:
    Vitruvius takes a drink of water...

"As for the matter of the Governships, I have somewhat of a solution. I propose the motion that we Combine the Provinces of Transalpine Gaul/Punic Isles and Cisalpine Gaul... then there would be three legions assigned to the newly combined province I believe... perhaps four. Then we only need to assign 1 man to govern the entire thing.

Some of you might think that we should do the same with Sicilia and Italy, here I would disagree. There are a good many cities in Sicilia, including the island of Melte that it still deserves to be its own province."

"That being said, I desire to be Propraetor of Africa. I have always felt I left things unfinished there..."
    Last edited by Grandis Latro; July 07, 2008 at 05:43 AM.
    Caeso Decimus Crassus (32)

Caius takes his seat.

Indefinitely Banned

Cassius walks into the senate and takes a seat and starts to listen what the other senators have got to say

I see no reason to combine the two provinces. That would simply take election oppurtunities away from other men. No I say that instead we use some of our younger senators.

The main reason that the new Cursus Honorum was applied to the Senate was so that the higher positions could be given to senators who have the experience to do the job to the full extent, and are worthy of taking the job. Especially in times of war such as this, it is very important that all our provinces are well governed by governors who know what they are doing. You young senators have yet to climb the Cursus, so for the moment, I believe it is best to combine the provinces, until there are enough experienced senators and consulars who have the ability to managed the given province.

Remember, we are not fully getting rid of this province at the moment, it is just a temporary measure while the rest of you senators climb up the Cursus.

OOC: Pontifex, congratulations on your appointment as Junior Mod!

I support the motion to combine the provinces with four legions to protect them.

OOC: who would govern the new procounsulship?
    "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."Sun-tzu
    Chinese general & military strategist (~400 BC`)

Younger Senators can be utilized. They are full of energy that some of us old horses might lack!

ooc: Thanks Xavier, and don't worry everyone, I can't infract you here

EDIT: I lied.. I can :O
    Last edited by Pontifex Maximus; July 07, 2008 at 01:58 PM.

I have the perfect candidate...I would like to nominate Senator Crassus as governer. He has served as Tribune twice and I beilieve he has the proper requirements to be a governer.

ooc: There is a nomination thread for the Suffecti governors. And Caesar226, you are no longer Junior Consul, so you might like to take that off your sig

Ooc: I would like to but i am posting on my blackberry and i cant change

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast