GrnEyedDvl
    Scar Face
    Trax
    Garbarsardar

imb39 will preside.

imb39's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Patrician Citizen Administrator Emeritus

Default Re: The Committee

I can feel the power. Ferrets, you have already said too much...

Simetrical's Avatar Former Chief Technician
    Patrician

Default Re: The Committee

In case there's any confusion, allow me to remind everyone that the decisions of this committee are not binding. As the Constitution says (Section 2, Article 4), the purpose of Curial committee is to "investigate and discuss an issue", not to make policy. Any final decisions will have to first be proposed to the Curia, and then (if they pass as a Decision) be approved by staff.

Some members of this committee might be tempted to push for radical change, perhaps on issues such as censorship where pushes for change have been categorically rejected before. Given the high proportion of non-moderators among the active members of this committee, it seems likely that some such pushes may win a vote in the committee. I remind everyone that if a proposal has been unequivocally rejected by staff before when made in other fora, it stands a good chance of failing its Curia vote and an even better chance of failing to gain staff approval.

Feel free to continue any discussions you like, but you might not want to waste too much time arguing with each other on issues that will never be accepted by staff. If anyone has any doubts about whether something would get the agreement of senior moderators (assuming that's who will conduct the vote), you can of course contact some for comment.
    MediaWiki developer, TWC Chief Technician
    NetHack player (nao info)

Risen from Prey