Thread: Re-emerging factions

Default Re-emerging factions

will re-emerging factions be used in EB2? I think it would really make the game more fun, like when you finally take out the last celtic faction, a last attempt could be made by them to take back their land or even relocate.

btw, sorry if this has already been asked.

Default Re: Re-emerging factions

No plans for this feature at present.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Phalanx300's Avatar Protector Domesticus

So basicly it can let dead factions come back alive? If it is like that then it should definatelly be used , it will make a rebellion much harder to deal with .

Yes, I think that it would be very cool. But if it can't be done, eh, well.

Game of the Fates
    Mod of the week on hold -- I've played nearly every RTW mod out there.
    BOYCOTT THE USE OF SMILEYS! (Okay, just once)
    Antiochos VII...last true scion of the Seleucid dynasty...rest in peace, son of Hellas.
    I've returned--please forgive my long absence.

i love that feature from MTW 1 but if they cant make it work make em horde then(only for factions that did historically) not as good as the reemerging tho
    Repent Today for tomorrow We die
    -Dark Angel Battle Cry

I think that re-emerging could be really great feature - I think that with this feature the campaign game would be far more dynamic and exciting. Becase as the campaing goes and factions are destroyed the campaign is commonly becoming tedious and boring with couple of super-large empires and that's just dull in my view. The possibilty that once destroyed factions could re-emerge is really appealing to me.

If there only was some way to bind it to traits.

Imagine, you are Makedonia, campaigning in the Middle East, not minding your provinces at home, while a Hellenic family has decided they have had enough of your rule. So a guy with the Hellen trait and low loyalty would start a revolt against you (provided he's governing Hellenic cities), boom, Koinon Hellenon.

kepper's Avatar Artifex

I like the idea of re-emerging factions.
    <iframe width="480" height="360" src="https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...get/video.html" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"> </iframe>

Phalanx300's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Elphir View Post
    If there only was some way to bind it to traits.

Imagine, you are Makedonia, campaigning in the Middle East, not minding your provinces at home, while a Hellenic family has decided they have had enough of your rule. So a guy with the Hellen trait and low loyalty would start a revolt against you (provided he's governing Hellenic cities), boom, Koinon Hellenon.

Good example.

Its certainly possible i guess. The Pope does it in M2TW. But it would be a bit tricky too.
    "If you can't get rid of the skeleton in your closet, you'd best teach it to dance." - George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)