Thread: can it be done

Default can it be done

i suppose if it could be done it would have already been but i guess it cant hurt asking, is it possible to make the world map encompass the entire world?, if not than why?

Default Re: can it be done

The map can encompass anything you want, as long as you don't hit the landmass/sea ration limit.

well i myself am not a modder, i mean i can do some stuff with rome tool but who cant right?, if its possible to make the whole world map, would it be any good or would it be all scrunched up or something :p, and do u know of anyone whos done it before? thanks in advance

I think there is a max size for maps but thats pretty big. Even so with the whole world the map couldnt be very detailed. Also I think there would be a problem with the amount of ocean, as most of the earths surface is covered with water.

aw thats to bad, i recently played a game called making history the calm and the storm, its a WWII turn based strategy that has the whole world map but unfortunately does not include battles, hmm...maybe instead of modding rtw to have a full world map...the other game can be modded to have rtw units, settlements, and battles....no thats a stupid idea, guess its hopeless, thanks for your help guys, i'de rep if i could but i dont have enough post..dont worry i'll get there some day

Ramashan's Avatar Artifex

I believe the largest you can make your map_heights is 1021x1021. So, within that, you can do whatever you want.

The problem really comes down to playability over reality. You wont really be able to make real river valleys and the mountains are going to be minor obstructions. But if its something you want to do and your more interested in global conquest than map detail, then go for it.
    Under the Patronage of Lord Condormanius

Plus you wouldn't be able to go from Alaska to Russia or vice-versa, or some other cut off point, since the map doesn't go all the way around.

Expand your borders, a mod based on XGM 5.

At that point in time it didn't work like that. You fell off the world if you went that way...

Quote Originally Posted by Thor the Bassist View Post
    At that point in time it didn't work like that. You fell off the world if you went that way...
    -_- So now your making fun of my chickens eh?
    But it could be possible, you'd really have to cram everything in and maybe get rid of a few million small islands and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by anelious phyros View Post
    -_- So now your making fun of my chickens eh?
    Chickens? You lost me...

Quote Originally Posted by anelious phyros View Post
    But it could be possible, you'd really have to cram everything in and maybe get rid of a few million small islands and stuff.
    I dont think it would work very well for RTW kind of era as the scale just wouldn't be right but would be great for anyone who's ambitious enough to go for a more modern (napolionic or more recent) mod. At that kind of scale you'd have to have one region per country or maybe two for larger countries.