Thread: Crusaders: The Middle East Project Beta ver 0.1

Civis

Default Crusaders: The Middle East Project Beta ver 0.1

Crusaders:TMEP Beta ver 0.1

http://hosted.filefront.com/HawkDreams/

Welcome to the Beta release! You can find the main board for this mod at http://www.twmodsquad.com/index.php?board=110.0 You will also find the thread to list bug reports within the subforums of that link though TWC members are welcome to PM me here at TWC directly to report any problems, issues, or recommendations.

I am releasing this mod in this version publicly after getting this far in development within a little over a month and then have found my hands tied due to computer issues. I have begun reworking parts of this mod and getting it moving towards completion, but have found myself in need of an artist for skinning and modeling. Please PM me here if you might be interested in converting the Aztecs into the Hatse State of Ethiopia, making a few loading screens, banners, or faction symbols!

Instructions are in the zip file, but so you know how complicated I make things for the Beta version... LOL

I have tried to keep this as simple as possible and will work out the installer at time of actual release.

kingdoms is required to play this mod!!!
    All files must be unpacked!!!
    Go into your medieval directory to the mods folder.
    Create a folder called "Try".
    Go into your "Teutonic" folder and drag a box around the contents.
    Right click and select copy. (very important to copy as drag and drop will only move your files leaving the "Teutonic" folder empty!)
    Go back and open the "Try" folder and click in the middle of the window and select past.
    After pasting is finished, open Data/world/maps and delete "Base" and "campaign" folders.
    Go back to the main "Try" Folder and copy the included "data" folder into it selecting yes to overwrite anything in the way.
    Go back to your main MTW2 directory and copy the "try.bat" and "try.cfg" into the main folder.

That's it! Double click the "Try.bat" file to run.

A Few quick Notes about bugs:
    1)Several Selection Icons are invisible in the main menu.
    2)In game, some Faction Icons are wrong.
    3)In game, some faction voices are incorrect.
    4)Saved games will not load due to a name issue in the files and will not be fixed until the full map renaming is accomplished.
    5)Hatse State of Ethiopia plays as Aztecs for the moment as the art needs to be redesigned and unit selection trimmed down to select units.
    6)If playing as Teutonic and you move immediately to attack the southwest Lithuanian Castle the game will crash if you fight manually. Use autosolve for this particular battle for now.

Final Note!!! If you play this mod as if you are playing MTW2 or Kingdoms, you will find yourself in trouble rather quickly. In most cases you will either have plenty of money and find yourself limited by construction time or find yourself limited by unrest and in some cases both. This might seem out of balance but it is in fact set up deliberately for over all game play. With some factions you will find you need as many merchants as you can get to earn enough money to grow and with some faction merchants will only be a waste of time and energy. In most cases conserve your money and build wisely as you may be off the scale wealthy at one point and bankrupt 5-10 turns later.

Realizing this mod will look at first glance just like so many others, I suggest trying it out and toggle your fog of war every so often to look at the state of the world. You will find in this mod playing is different as you cannot predict the state of affairs in the future by playing the same faction repeatedly!

So no one gets bent out of shape... LOL I have no idea who actually made the map I have used in this mod. It is the map from Rome: Total War mod Terrae Expugnandae by Lusted. If the map maker would step forward and make him or herself known you can gladly have credit! I went ahead and used it without getting specific permission after asking about to find the creater without luck. If my usage or this mod in any way offends you or your sensibilities, please ask and I will remove tis mod!

Many thanks go to the team at tw mod Squad for their support and patience as I have learned to mod! GrnEyedDvl deserves as much credit as if he made this mod himself as he has taught me what I could not figure out on my own! In specific I would also like to thank the following people for both their help and support;

Hellfire15
    Tsar
    Caladborq
    Shadowkiller
    Maximilian I

While they may not immediately remember any help they gave (or did not give as they told me something was hard coded and impossible to change! LOL), I could not have made this mod or even learned to mod without them!!!
    Last edited by HawkDreams; July 04, 2008 at 06:38 PM.

Default Re: Crusaders: The Middle East Project Beta ver 0.1

aweome mod espechaly map +rep
    Under the patronage of Nakharar
    DM Multi modding project

Civis

I really wish I could take credit for the map, but all I have done is convert it from Rome Total War to Medieval Total War 2 and make small changes. I really wish I could find the map maker to give proper credits!

This seems really interesting!