Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: FATW Triple Release! (+ RTW Version!)

Default Re: FATW Triple Release! (+ RTW Version!)

The first post of this thread is separated into 3 sections, at the bottom of which there is a large "HERE" which will take you to the respective release threads. If you still can't find it, let us know.

elvesgorndahl's Avatar Libertus

Thanks indeed, Aradan!
    How silly I am...
    So WoM is Triple, right? Thus I'm just playing it! Haha!

Well, and I've dled the 2.6/WoM hotfix file at the bottom of page, is it posted right after WoM? My steps of intallation are TNS v2.0b ---> TNS v2.6 patch ---> TNS WoM, so do I need to install the HOTFIX file? Hope I need, cos' the unit card of the RK flagship is still missing in my game.:hmmm:

By the way, will the Elven Kingdom be available in future? I could only play the elves in custom battles, that's really a pity. And I found there are descr_strat, descr_strat1, descr_strat2, descr_strat_bak, and descr_strat_last in my bi/ci/data/world/maps/campaign/tns folder, each of them is different, and also I found the elves are playable in descr_strat2, so is it possible for me to play the elves just simply by changing the name of the files? I really love the elves so so much!

Best regards.

Yeah, I've pasted the hotfix files to update WoM, thank you very much!
    Last edited by elvesgorndahl; August 12, 2008 at 11:36 PM. Reason: Problem solved.
    United Federation of Chinorus Empire

ok, i've got 2.0 downloaded...but i've tried to install it 3 times now and have been unsuccessful everytime...is there a specific place i need to run the setup from?...this is with a clean (just re-installed) RTW v1.6
    Warriors charge into battle. Heroes walk through death. Legends embrace Death and walk beside him into the depths of history.

@elvesgorndahl: Triple Release = 2.6 patch + RTW version + Wars of Men

Yes, you need the fix after installing WoM.

@Cameron8: Can you be a bit more specific about what is the problem? If the DOS window comes up for 2 seconds and then shuts down, then your OS is incompatible with our installer software, so we got the .rar file for users like you; use that please, following the instructions. if the problem is something else, describe please more elaborately. Thx.

Quote Originally Posted by Aradan View Post
    @elvesgorndahl: Triple Release = 2.6 patch + RTW version + Wars of Men

Yes, you need the fix after installing WoM.
    Aradan, thanks very much!

Oh yeah, I haven't downloaded the RTW version, so must I download it? Isn't the BI version just the same as the RTW version? Or just there are some differences between them?:hmmm:

As the relevant thread says, the RTW version is just the mod, patched up to 2.6 and ported to RTW, for those who don't have BI. If you have BI, there's no reason you should use the RTW version, as it only offers slightly less features (shield-wall, swimming and all the BI-specific stuff that RTW doesn't support). The RTW verison is a teaser mostly, so that people see what they are missing out on and buy BI to play the original version of FATW, which is supported and expanded.

Yeah, thanks for your reply.
    So I'm now just enjoying FATW, it's really a great job!
    And, you will promote updates afterwards and maybe just right for the Elven Kingdom and the Dwarves Kingdom, right? Well, I'm very sad that I cannot do anything to help but just wait. But after all, I really appreciate your respective great work!
    I'll keep watching on.

Thanks for the kind words! Do keep an eye on FATW!

Utred's Avatar Laetus

this looks so good

This mod looks really good I'm downloading it right now..cant wait to play it. Nice work..you certainly outdid yourselfs.
    Member of B.A.L.T.S

As a patriot I have to say...For Lithuania !

We certainly try. Let us know what you think of the mod when you've played it. Criticism and feedback are appreciated always.

how many men can this game master on the battle field

Not sure what you mean. Unit sizes vary according to race, unit class etc - an army of 20 units can have 4800 men and you can ahve multiple armies.. If you are asking about the polygon count of units, they are not particularly heavy and all of them have sprites, so a moderate pc can handle quite a few soldiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Aradan View Post
    The Fourth Age: Total War Development Team proudly presents:

The Fourth Age: Total War – Triple Release

#now available on RTW as well #

----------------------------------

The Fourth Age: Total War – The New Shadow 2.6
    (Requires TNS 2.0b)

Requires: TNS 2.0b (or TNS 2.0+2.1+2.2 - see end of post)

The Fourth Age: Total War – The New Shadow v2.6 patch is now ready for download. This new patch contains many new fixes, features, and improvements, including extensive UI revision by Argent Usher and quite a few balance tweaks.

If you do not have 'The New Shadow' yet, you can get hold of it here. Constructive criticism and feedback are always welcome – without it this patch would be much smaller. You can visit us at www.thefourthage.org, or at our forums.

List of changes introduced with 2.6:
    • Auto-resolve balance system implemented
    • Major UI and 2d revision by Argent Usher
    • New Loading Screens
    • Formations tweaked (yet again) to improve AI's usage of missile troops
    • Start-map tweaks including Rhun army placement, tweaked FC and DF settlement tags, small tweaks to the map files and correction of wrongly placed "lead" resource
    • Numerous ancillaries and traits fixes, including: typo fixes, Self-Maimed chances cut in half, Prim trait now anti-trait both ways to Cultist, CultMember, UnderTheShadow and many more
    • Evil mannish recruitment fixed for Ad.
    • New descriptions for Dwarven, Elven, Barding units
    • Morale increased for horde and orcish units
    • Settler costs increased
    • Included gloss files for Guards of the Citadel
    • New Diversification Building for Rohan
    • Meduseld and terracing new building images
    • stat_fire_dealy set to 0 for all units, impoving charge behaviour
    • Assassins reinstated for 'good' factions
    • Unit voices for Shadow Riders and Dark Companions
    • EDU correction for Dwarven Bowmen
    • Fixed a quote typo
    • Mordor battlemap textures rescaled for better performance
    • New blank rebel buttons
    • Conversion rates for homelands decreased for the first 2 shadow temple levels
    • Building constructed event text edited for Rk and Ad.
    Get your hands on the TNS 2.6 Patch HERE

The Fourth Age: Total War – RTW Version
    (Requires RTW 1.5)

Information about this version:

This is the RTW version of the Fourth Age: Total War - The New Shadow mod, for those that do not have Barbarian Invasion. It requires the 1.5 version of RTW, so make sure you have patched your game to it before you try installing it.

The RTW version has been patched up to its very latest version (2.6) and includes everything that the one for BI does, except any non-portable capabilities, such as shield-wall or hording, that cannot be supported by the RTW.exe. The original folder structure of the mod has been kept the same, for coding purposes, so a bi/ci directory will be created in your RTW installation and the mod's files will be put there. The size of the file is so big, because all BI files necessary for the mod to run have been included in it.

The game has not been fully tested on this RTW version, as this release serves as a teaser for players in order to get BI and try the fully supported version of FATW for it, which is constantly under improvement and expansion, so there is no guarantee for the stability of the mod. Nonetheless, this release is believed to be highly stable, something FATW has always been praised for, and up to the same high quality standards that the 220,000+ players of the BI version enjoy.

Note that this version will NOT be developed further with patches or new releases (including the Wars of Men package) in the foreseeable future and it will not be supported by our Team for any technical issues that are exclusive to the platform. Please, get BI and the BI version of FATW to enjoy the mod to its fullest.

Constructive criticism and feedback are always welcome – without it this mod would not be the same. You can visit us at www.thefourthage.org, or at our forums.

Get your hands on the FATW RTW Version HERE

The Fourth Age: Total War – Wars of Men
    (Requires TNS 2.6)

The Fourth Age: Total War: The New Shadow - Wars of Men pack is now ready for download. The Wars of Men package includes the files for 7 campaigns (1 main and 6 faction-specific) for players that seek even more challenge when playing The New Shadow. Each faction-specific campaign is custom-tailored to make life harder for the player using every means available to us evil modders. In that package included are also 7 videos; the mod's main intro (placeholder currently) and 6 faction intros, 1 for each campaign.

List of tweaks included in each Wars of Men custom campaign:
    • increased the morale of all enemy units
    • decreased the morale of all player units
    • increased the player's units costs
    • lowered the cost of expensive enemy units
    • tweaked the cost of certain units, to make AI have more lore-accurate armies.
    • removed the recruitable general ability from non-player-faction units, make them Veteran class, adjusted their stats, so that the AI does recruit them
    • decreased the sec (auto-resolve balance) hps of player-faction's units
    • removed the ability to train diplomats and settlers from all AI factions
    • gave RGUs exp tweaked in the recruitment lines
    • reduced cost and time of non-player-faction DBs
    • increased cost and time of player-faction DBs
    • gave AI factions bonuses
    • MEZoR bonuses taken 1 level back for player faction
    • Various other loyalty/happiness/law bonuses/penalties tweaked in the player's disfavour
    • Disabled militia units where others are available for AI factions
    • changed the religion of near-the-player regions in his disfavour
    • locked the other factions
    • decreased the starting treasury of the player's faction
    • removed all non-player-controlled diplomats to restrict the breaking of alliances
    • changed the starting relationships and core attitudes of factions
    • changed the setup of armies.
    • changed the setup of ships.
    • text changes to be on par with the rest of the changes
    • visual changes to be on par with the selected faction
    Get your hands on TNS: Wars of Men HERE
    Forgive my ignorance but will I be able to play existing saved games (I'm in the middle of a terrific Rohan campaign..have The United Kingdom and Adunabar on the brink of defeat) if I update 2.6 to The Wars Of Men?

Thanks in advance

p.s. Your mod is my favourite game of all time, honestly can't fault it

Nope, 2.6 is not save-game compatible (and neither is WoM, since it requires 2.6). So better finish up that Rohan campaign you've got going on.

We're very glad you like FATW so much!

is there no way to get the RTW version that is not an .rar? they don't work for me

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

RAR should work on all computers. What is the probem with it?

See if this Viking Invasion II video helps you spot what you might be doing wrong (obviously this is only a guide as it's for another mod):

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=OUS38-IqotQ
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

Siddyus's Avatar Biarchus

Finally an RTW version. I really hope xfire is able to finally detect it. For some reason the BI version of FTW cant be detected by xfire or there is a way to be able to detect it?

Would it be alright if I mentioned my problem here?

I made a post about it in moddb but no one answered, so i made an account to hopefully receive help.
    For the 1.5 RTW version i have a bit of a problem. My Strategic view is all screwed up. I cant see the map, the construction/recruit buttons, my amount of money, the end turn button (which makes it impossible to play ;( ) and so on...

I was wondering if you guys would know how to fix that. Its not my resolution. Ive already checked that. Ive also tried changing my screen position. Didnt work either.

So please answer >.>. I really want to play as the Harad. Those guys look awesome.

That's one weird problem... The mod files have been downloaded properly (ie they were not corrupted or anything)?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast