Thread: Trouble instaling..........

Lord Romanus III's Avatar Primicerius

Default Trouble instaling..........

I have been having trouble with installing RoP. I have the Eras edition and I have copied Rome five times. I have a full copy of each one and I have no problems with any other mods. With each new mod I install I put it under one of my copies. Now, when I look at the default install path it says something like C:/Program Files/Activision/Rome - Total War. So I change it to something like C:/Program Files/Rome4/Rome - Total War4. It says I lack RTW exe. and some crap like that. What install path should I take and can someone give me a "guide" on how to install?

Default Re: Trouble instaling..........

There is some problem in the installer when you select a different folder than the standard one. I recommend just installing to the folder where you want it to be installed to (ignore the error). Then follow these steps:
    -Go to the folder where you've installed ROP to
    -Open the newly created 'Rome - Total War' folder inside it (this is the bug)
    -There should be an ROP folder inside the one mentioned above, move this one to the root of the installation (so it should become something like C:/Program Files/Rome4/Rome - Total War4/ROP)
    -Now go to your desktop and right-click -> select properties on your "Rise of Persia" shortcut
    -Change the target to reflect the actual location of the RomeTW.exe file

We're sorry that the installer doesn't just do what it has to do. Alternatively, ROP is compatible with mods like EB, RTR:TIC and other mods that use the -mod:mymod switch - which means that if your initial RTW installation (at the standard installation folder) isn't modded at all, ROP and other mods using -mod:mymod will not harm your installation and you don't have to copy 2,5 gb around just to install one more mod. But that's just if your initial installation isn't modded.
    Sorry that I talk so much, just keeping all options open
    Automating RTW Coding and Balancing with PHP and MySQL (online)

Lead developer of:

Latest RoP Release: ROP v2.2
    Under the Patronage of the magnificent Rez

Gen.jamesWolfe's Avatar Vicarius

hey, what of the bug I mentioned? I have posted the pictures, as per your request
    I haz a culler!! (really, who gives a darn? its totally meaningless, and it doesn't really accurately reflect who I am)

Lord Romanus III's Avatar Primicerius

I am about to try, we will see.

It works, thanks man.
    Last edited by Lord Romanus III; July 05, 2008 at 10:55 PM.

Amadeus's Avatar Tiro

Nero
    i'm sorry but i'm a n00b at things like this
    could u possibly explain that again in the simplest way possible
    cause its not making any sense to me right now
    thanks

We have recently uploaded a better installer, which doesn't have this problem. You can download it at http://www.riseofpersia.com/downloads/?id=2 if you don't have it yet (the file name is ROPv22_final_b.exe)
    If you have the installer, just install to the same folder as where your RomeTW.exe file is (what we call the root RTW folder). Most of the time this is "C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War" or something similar. Be sure that your RTW is patched to version 1.5 and that no mods have been installed to it yet!
    Automating RTW Coding and Balancing with PHP and MySQL (online)

Lead developer of:

Latest RoP Release: ROP v2.2
    Under the Patronage of the magnificent Rez

Amadeus's Avatar Tiro

thanks
    it works now
    sorry for beign such a n00b