Thread: events sound files not rebuilding

hitokiri2486's Avatar Centenarius

Default events sound files not rebuilding

Hey all,

I am trying to add the kingdoms music to my mod.

Everything is working fine except for one small thing: my events.dat and events.idx file are not rebuilding all the way; my loading screen CTDs and my two events files are about half as big as they should be. As a result, I can hear my new music just fine (and it sounds great), but I lose all the sound effects that come from pushing buttons, double-clicking on characters, etc....all the miscellaneous little sounds.

When I restore my backup copies of the events files, those sounds work fine, but my music also returns to the vanilla music, not the kingdoms music.

Anyone know what the problem is here? I have the vanilla game unpacked, and I am modifying the sound files in my mod folder...I also have the [io} file_first in my mod's .cfg, so I'm not sure what else I am missing.

Edit: Nevermind, I managed to figure it out. Any way for me to delete this post?
    Last edited by hitokiri2486; October 27, 2008 at 01:24 PM.

Userpro's Avatar =RAE= HostedMod Creator

Default Re: events sound files not rebuilding

why have you delete them?
    Visit our TWC M2TW-Kingdoms Hosted Mods Forum for...

!!! RAE Development stopped --- read last Statement here !!!
    M2TW-Kingdoms Mod Creator REDEO AD EXORDIUM ( RAE )
    Progress: 95% internal final beta release - 85% official release
    RAE TWC-Wiki Eagle Standard interview ... RAE.net Homepage ... RAE TWZ-Germany
    Proudly Sega & Steam Boycotter since ETW! See why here or this petition
    Sorry for bad english here, there and in my tutorials > advanced horde invasion & hide/unhide stratmap-ui & Beginners modding