Thread: Latin Vioces

Default Latin Vioces

Hi,

Just wanted to know if you will be using latin voices for the Roman faction? I have not played EB I so I don't know if you used it in that mod. But I have played Rome Total Realism and there they used latin voices if I remember correctly.

(If this question already have been asked I apologise, I tried to search for a post containing this, but unable to find any.)

Icon3 Re: Latin Vioces

EB1 included a Latin voicemod, so EB2 will as well. Dito for the Greek and Gallic voicemods, and hopefully new Germanic and Punic voicemods will be included as well.

Senator

Default Re: Latin Vioces

Quote Originally Posted by Ludens View Post
    EB1 included a Latin voicemod, so EB2 will as well. Dito for the Greek and Gallic voicemods, and hopefully new Germanic and Punic voicemods will be included as well.
    Punic!!?? this will be interesting!!

Awesome! Greek and Gallic aswell? Nice... I think I have to reinstall RTW and play EBI while I wait for this. Looking forward to this mod.

Excellent work!

List of current voicemods are:

Latin
    Greek
    Celtic/Gallic
    Parni (Parthian language)

i was wondering why the getae speak greeK in EB?

Quote Originally Posted by QUINTUS FABIUS MAXIM View Post
    i was wondering why the getae speak greeK in EB?

me too...latin and greek was used by some geto-dacians,but this is not nativ language for they, my ancestors used a diferent language who is death now

sry for my bad english

And second dont use greek or macedonian names for spearman like Hoplite or Phalanx,geto-dacians dont used this military fight formations
    Last edited by escho; July 08, 2008 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by escho View Post
    me too...latin and greek was used by some geto-dacians,but this is not nativ language for they, my ancestors used a diferent language who is death now

sry for my bad english

And second dont use greek or macedonian names for spearman like Hoplite or Phalanx,geto-dacians dont used this military fight formations
    are you romanian? so i think dacians spoke a languange that sounded similiar to the ancient german, isn't it?

are you romanian? so i think dacians spoke a languange that sounded similiar to the ancient german, isn't it?
    yep i am

Publius Ovidius Naso, (n. 20 marth, 43 î.Hr., Sulmo, now Sulmona/Aquila - d. 17 sau 18 d. Hr., Tomis, now Constanţa), sey hi write a poetic book in daco-getae "barbaric" language, and he was apeciate by the geto-dacians...but this book is lost...

Romanian language have many antic geto-dacians words

dacians spoke a languange that sounded similiar to the ancient german???? ---------- NO

The truth is, we don't have enough information to reconstruct the Getic language. We don't even have enough for unit names. The best we have, and to maintain consistency, is Greek.

Quinctilius Varus's Avatar Miles

so i think dacians spoke a languange that sounded similiar to the ancient german, isn't it?
    they spoke a thracian dialect...somenthing like this..

rolisteneasn/ereneatil/teanēskoa/razeadom/eantilezu/ptamiēe/raz/ēlta

( ΡΟΛΙΣΤΕΝΕΑΣΝ / ΕΡΕΝΕΑΤΙΛ / ΤΕΑΝΗΣΚΟΑ / ΡΑΖΕΑΔΟΜ / ΕΑΝΤΙΛΕΖΥ / ΠΤΑΜΙΗΕ / ΡΑΖ / ΗΛΤΑ )

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The truth is, we don't have enough information to reconstruct the Getic language. We don't even have enough for unit names. The best we have, and to maintain consistency, is Greek.
    I also believe JMRC said the best they have at the moment is words about farming. Though I guess you could do something like "reap them!" with that.

Will the speeches before battles be entirely in Latin, Greek, Parsi, etc.? Also, is there anyway to use a Greek font in the game? I know Koine Greek, although my classical Greek skills are abominable....

BTW, I know you guys get a lot of flack for not using L.S., but I want to congratulate you and thank you for producing the only historical mod I have seen that does not display Romans in an armor which was not widespread and only used for 200 years in the army. You guys are the best!
    Deus posuit, id decuit, ergo fecit.

Icon3 Re: Latin Vioces

Quote Originally Posted by Confitemini in Domino View Post
    Will the speeches before battles be entirely in Latin, Greek, Parsi, etc.? Also, is there anyway to use a Greek font in the game? I know Koine Greek, although my classical Greek skills are abominable....
    Probably not. I know the team is working on Greek pre-battle speeches, and Latin is a possibility as well, but I guess the others would be simply to much work. I doubt we can reconstruct Celtic, German, etc. with that level of detail anyway.