Thread: Help on Colonial Range etc

Default Help on Colonial Range etc

Hello!

Im new to EU and got a question. Im playing as Heinaut and just got the national idea with which you can get conquistadors and such. I discovered the Canary Islands and I want to colonize them but, I cannot. It says "this province cannot be reached via any ports connected to our capital". What does this mean? Is it because my capital is the province Heinaut and not Holland, which is not connected via land to any province with a port? When I hold my mouse over the Canaries it says colonial range 261/322.

Please help, I want to make a few colonies as Im pretty much landlocked in europe...

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

Default Re: Help on Colonial Range etc

As far as I know, I'm not really sure about this, it means that the Canaries are too far from your nearest port to colonise

I get the impression this is not the case. Cause its colonial distance is less than 312 and I think that is my range. If I hover over a different province it with 322 as range it says that its too far from and unblockaded core province with port or smth like that.

I get the impression its got to do with the fact that my capital is landlocked and not via land connected with my provinces that got ports.

Spart's Avatar Senator

Correct, you need a coastal province to colonize. Your best bet would be taking down other dutch minors, those provinces are quite juicy anyway.
    Member of S.I.N
    Finns to the rescue!

How absurd men are! They never use the liberties they have, they demand those they do not have. They have freedom of thought, they demand freedom of speech.
    -Søren Kierkegaard

Serious J's Avatar Decanus

To be specific, the range is from your closest port you have a core in. Just grabbing a coastal region won't be enough, you will need to wait 50 years or so to gain a core there.
    The strange days are coming.

Spart's Avatar Senator

AFAIK, that's a new requirement in In nomine, isn't it?
    Member of S.I.N
    Finns to the rescue!

How absurd men are! They never use the liberties they have, they demand those they do not have. They have freedom of thought, they demand freedom of speech.
    -Søren Kierkegaard

Serious J's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Spart View Post
    AFAIK, that's a new requirement in In nomine, isn't it?
    Sorry, yeah. I haven't played anything other than IN so it didn't come to mind.
    The strange days are coming.