Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favourite Faction

Default Favourite Faction

I have to say my favourite faction just down to how challenging and intersting campaign i am currently on with is Imperium Constatne. You have all the roman troops but have to plan much more economy wise. Everything that isn't needed has to be got rid of e.g. i destroyed all churches to enable me to build an army to defend myself from WRE in southern France. At the start constantly on the brink of being anihalted (Burgundi Horde especially) only lost one city to them and took out 12,000 of there army. There location isn't the best considering how exposed they are but it makes it much more interesting i currently have 18 provinces in Nothern Italy, France and Spain, currently eridcating the romans from Spain and the Visgoths from Southern Italy.

What are other peoples favourite faction + why?

Default Re: Favourite Faction

Traitor! You're not more than a usurper who will be crushed by the legitimate emperor!!!! (although he's an ass****) . Just kidding. I've never tried that faction before, but if you read my words you surely know what my favourite faction is. Rome will flourish again!!!

I had a go with WRE but it just annoyed me how the ERE attacked me all the time and breaking our alliance. It was fun beating the Visgoths, Vandals and Burgundi.

Gen.jamesWolfe's Avatar Vicarius

ERE. I east WR troops for breakfast, Hunnic HA's for lunch, and for dinner, I eat hordes of the dreaded Gyan-Avspar.
    Arabs are normally the faves, but I swore I wouldn't play as them until they get their proper swords (and I'm ITCHING to play as them, so please show some mercy IBFD team: straight swords is the least you can all do so I can get back to them. the info I provided decades ago is the most)
    Last edited by Gen.jamesWolfe; July 03, 2008 at 12:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gen.jamesWolfe View Post
    ERE. I east WR troops for breakfast,
    I hope you had a serious episode of indigestion .

Sassanids by far..They are rich and have super heavy cavalries. Also it is fun to fight against Romans.

Hey ROMANUS, watch out my Savaran is coming ...
    Last edited by HeroSK; July 03, 2008 at 03:22 PM.

Bring it on! I need to find out how sharp my Roman steel is, and Persian guts will be perfect for this!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PSEUDO ROMANUS View Post
    I hope you had a serious episode of indigestion .
    other than losing a general, no serious indigestion resulted. only rightious rage (and their downfall)
    Last edited by Gen.jamesWolfe; July 04, 2008 at 09:35 PM.
    I haz a culler!! (really, who gives a darn? its totally meaningless, and it doesn't really accurately reflect who I am)

Bring it on! I need to find out how sharp my Roman steel is, and Persian guts will be perfect for this!!!
    Meh, I am sorry that you wont find out about your steel since you cant even approach under the hail all our arrows...
    Last edited by HeroSK; July 06, 2008 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HeroSK View Post
    Meh, I am sorry that you wont find out about your steel since you cant even approach under the hail all our arrows...
    a hail of arrows.. I remeber sassanid arrow storms. they were really sureal, especially at night.
    I haz a culler!! (really, who gives a darn? its totally meaningless, and it doesn't really accurately reflect who I am)

Everyone plays as the romans its a little boring and predeictable so much more fun building an empire than trying stabalise an exisitng well thats my opnion. Anyone had a go with the Picts i think thats right the Scotish Faction?

Persian cowards! (remember that line?)

The Hephtalites, they're unique and awesome.

Yeah I remember it, but you remember what happened the man who said this ?

Yeah I remember it, but you remember what happened the man who said this ?
    That was a very good come-back!!!! You made me laugh, man! Thank you!

ok, now I'm lost. who said that, and what happened to him?

who said that, and what happened to him?
    This sentence is from 300 movie, King Leonidas says this while Persian arrows raining on his soldiers. What happened to him is he died under hail of arrows..

This sentence is from 300 movie, King Leonidas says this while Persian arrows raining on his soldiers. What happened to him is he died under hail of arrows..
    And then Leonidas was a zombie.

now who reped me? I hope it wasn't because he felt sorry, as I had not seen the ending of 300.

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Now you all know that I love my romans but I have a real soft spot for the sassanids, ssomething about the persian culture that I find very attractive. I find they are virtually my army of choice for online battles and tourneys becasue they are virtually the only army that can cause the romans real grief.

They are probably way too powerful and will be scaled back a bit in IJV3.0. I suppose it's like having a second favourite football team.

Cheers All

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast