Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Timeline 2954 - 3019

Default Timeline 2954 - 3019

2953 - Last meeting of the White Council. Fengel, fifteenth king of Rohan, dies. His son Thengel returns to Rohan to succeed him.
    2956 - Aragorn first meets Gandalf the Grey
    2957-2980 - Aragorn as Thorongil serves in the armies of King Thengel of Rohan, and Steward Ecthelion II of Gondor
    September 22, 2968 - Frodo Baggins is born
    2978 - Boromir is born
    2980 - Arwen pledges her hand in marriage to Aragorn; Frodo Baggins loses both of his parents in a boating accident; Aragorn, in the service of the Steward of Gondor Ecthelion II leads a taskforce south and kills the Captain of the Haven, ruler of Umbar; Samwise Gamgee born;[14] Théoden, son of Thengel, becomes seventeenth king of Rohan after the death of his father.
    2982 - Birth of Meriadoc Brandybuck (Merry)
    2983 - Birth of Faramir
    2989 - Frodo Baggins comes under the guardianship of Bilbo Baggins; a company of Dwarves, led by Balin, try to recolonize Moria
    2990 - Birth of Peregrin Took (Pippin)
    2991 - Birth of Éomer
    2994 - Balin is killed; the dwarf-colony in Moria is destroyed
    2995 - Birth of Éowyn
    3001 - Bilbo Baggins turns 111, passes the One Ring on to Frodo Baggins, and leaves the Shire. From now on Aragorn and Gandalf intermittently hunt Gollum
    3002 - Lalia Clayhanger, the matriarch of the Took clan, dies, aged 119, and possibly pushed by Pearl Took;[15] Bilbo settles in Rivendell
    3007 - Gilraen, Aragorn II's mother passes away at the age of 100 years
    3014 - Saruman begins using his influence to weaken Théoden, king of Rohan
    3017 - Gollum is released from Mordor; Aragorn finally tracks him down in the Dead Marshes, and brings him as a captive to King Thranduil's halls in Mirkwood

THE GREAT YEARS OF THE WAR OF THE RING

• The Ringwraiths are given the task of retrieving the One Ring;
    • April 12 - Gandalf reaches Hobbiton. He returns to the Shire, telling Frodo Baggins he must take the Ring away
    • June 20 - Sauron attacks Osgiliath.
    • July 4 - Boromir leaves Minas Tirith
    • July 10 - Saruman imprisons Gandalf in Orthanc
    • September 18 - Gandalf escapes from Orthanc
    • September 19–21 - Gandalf reaches Edoras and is given Shadowfax the horse
    • September 23 - Frodo leaves Bag End
    • September 26 - Frodo meets Tom Bombadil
    • September 30 - Aragorn meets Frodo Baggins in the Inn of the Prancing Pony in Bree.
    • October 6 - Frodo wounded at Weathertop
    • October 20 - Frodo crosses the ford of Bruinen
    • October 25 - Council of Elrond at Rivendell
    • December 25 - The Fellowship of the Ring sets out in the evening from Rivendell

• January 15 - The Fellowship parts after Gandalf falls in Khazad-dûm while fighting a Balrog.
    • February 25 - The Fellowship pass the Argonath and camp at Parth Galen. First Battle of Fords of Isen; Théodred son of Théoden is slain.
    • February 26 - The Fellowship split up; Boromir is killed.
    • February 29 - Merry and Pippin escape the orcs and meet Treebeard.
    • March 1 - Gandalf meets Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli and they head off for Edoras. Frodo begins travelling through the Dead Marshes.
    • March 3 - Battle of the Hornburg.
    • March 5 - Rohan army reaches Isengard.
    • March 7 - Faramir takes Frodo to Henneth Annûn.
    • March 8 - Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli enter the Paths of the Dead.
    • March 9 - Gandalf and Pippin arrive in Minas Tirith.
    • March 10 - Frodo and Sam see the Morgul host lead by the Witch-king leave Minas Morgul. An army from Morannon takes Cair Andros and marches in Anórien.
    • March 12 - Gollum leads Frodo into Shelob's lair.
    • March 13 - Frodo captured by Cirith Ungol orcs. Aragorn captures the Umbar fleet at Pelargir.
    • March 15 - Witch-king breaks the gate of Minas Tirith in the early hours. Denethor burns himself on a pyre. Confrontation between Gandalf and the Witch-king at the gate; Horns of the Rohirrim are heard at a cockcrow. Battle of the Pelennor Fields: Théoden King of Rohan is killed; Éomer succeeds him as the eighteenth king of Rohan. Éowyn and Merry kill the Witch-king. Aragorn, Rangers, sons of Elrond and men from the southern fiefdoms of Gondor arrive in the black ships and turn the tide of battle. Sam and Frodo escape and journey along the Morgai. Battle under the trees in Mirkwood; second assault on Lórien.
    • March 16 - Debate of the commanders.
    • March 17 - Battle of Dale. King Brand and Dáin Ironfoot fall in battle against invading Easterlings. Many men and dwarves take refuge in Erebor.
    • March 18 - Armies leave Minas Tirith. Frodo and Sam join the orc company.
    • March 25 - The Host is surrounded on the Slag-hills. Frodo and Sam reach the Sammath Naur. Gollum (Sméagol) seizes the One Ring and falls into the Cracks of Doom. Downfall of Barad-dûr and the passing of the Dark Lord Sauron.
    • May - Arwen Undómiel and her father Lord Elrond of Imladris arrive in Lórien, where they are welcomed at Caras Galadhon by the Lady Galadriel and Lord Celeborn, grandparents of Lady Arwen through her mother, the Lady Celebrian.
    • May - Aragorn is crowned King Elessar of the Reunited Kingdom of Arnor and Gondor. Gandalf helps Aragorn to find the sapling of the new White Tree.
    • (Date unspecified) - Faramir marries Éowyn.
    • Mid-year's Day (between June and July) - Aragorn marries Arwen Undómiel.
    • July - King Théoden is laid to rest beside other Kings of Rohan in Edoras.
    • September 21 - Hobbits arrive in Rivendell.
    • September 22 - Saruman arrives in the Shire.
    • November 1 - The four hobbits arrested at Frogmorton.
    • November 3 - Battle of Bywater; death of Saruman and Wormtongue, final end to the War of the Ring.

Varjon's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Timeline 2954 - 3019

Great job, though parts which are about fellowship doesn't really matter because we don't include journey of fellowship in this mod

I know, but I like to add it too, because when I play I always want to play it like they did in the movie, I wanna make the same steps!

aNarion.'s Avatar Centenarius

Hmm, i was just thought about this, about the timerate and such.

Has it been descided what timerate and timeline the game will future?
    what year it will begin and end

The Count(er)'s Avatar Protector Domesticus

well it's still some good stuff you posted there anyways

Quote Originally Posted by aNarion. View Post

and if by timerate you mean timescale it's just going to be done in turns
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaigidel View Post
    everyone but me is wrong.
    Ego's are fun

Timeline wil start in 2954! I think to the end of the war of the ring 3019!
    Timerate I'm not sure, 2 or 3 turns a year would be good and from 3018 to 3019 will cause some problems, cause best is after one turn, one week is gone!:hmmm:to continue eve after 3019 is possible but would not make realism, but some people say nevermind, I don't care about realism, well i prefer have cause that's most worthy to play like they act!
    Last edited by Mac Wallace; June 30, 2008 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aNarion. View Post

2954 - ?

This mod doesn't really end, I mean even in book Third Age end at year 3021 when elven rings left Middle Earth, maybe if Barad-dûr wouldn't been destroyed Third Age might have continued to your 3547 or something like that.

This mod doesn't really end, I mean even in book Third Age end at year 3021 when elven rings left Middle Earth, maybe if Barad-dûr wouldn't been destroyed Third Age might have continued to your 3547 or something like that.
    I hope it doesnt end 3021.. cauz then its a really short campaign (if its not like 12 turns/year)

Timerate I'm not sure, 2 or 3 turns a year would be good and from 3018 to 3019 will cause some problems, cause best is after one turn, one week is gone!to continue eve after 3019 is possible but would not make realism, but some people say nevermind, I don't care about realism, well i prefer have cause that's most worthy to play like they act!
    Does the fellowship really matters? because its not a RPG game.. some events should probobly be implemented. but the end of the war of the ring, wouldnt nessesarly need to end at 3919. I mean the whole idea of playing this is to feel the freedom to do what ever you want, and change it there after..
    Sandbox game!

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Wallace View Post
    Timeline wil start in 2954! I think to the end of the war of the ring 3019!
    Timerate I'm not sure, 2 or 3 turns a year would be good
    I'd think not thats only a 65 year time which at 2 turns per year would only be 130 turns and at 3 it would only be 195 where Stainless Steel has something like 400 turns in it's campaign which I have enjoyably used on a couple different occasions
    Ego's are fun

The Big Red 1's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by The Count(er) View Post
    I'd think not thats only a 65 year time which at 2 turns per year would only be 130 turns and at 3 it would only be 195 where Stainless Steel has something like 400 turns in it's campaign which I have enjoyably used on a couple different occasions
    I still haven't made it too 400

But just to let you know the Third Age in this mod does not end.
    HONEY I AM HOME

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Red 1 View Post
    I still haven't made it too 400

But just to let you know the Third Age in this mod does not end.
    I don't think I've made it past turn 150 in any game without winning outright or being in such a dominating position that I get bored and quit.

Consider this for an endorsement for a shorter, more intense, game.
    Multiplayer Name: Epinephrine

The Big Red 1's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Dex View Post
    I don't think I've made it past turn 150 in any game without winning outright or being in such a dominating position that I get bored and quit.

I'm not very good at TW games actually. I'm just being honest.

Also those elves look very challenging.
    HONEY I AM HOME

I've just got the same as you, after 100 turns I already get bored, so we will have to make many turns a year I think, it's posibble?

rather play in a long age time then a short one.. and besides.. the characters will age after 2 turns anyway, because it hardcorded right?

So if we say we go for 4 turns/year, then the characters will age after 2 turns..

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Wallace View Post
    I've just got the same as you, after 100 turns I already get bored, so we will have to make many turns a year I think, it's posibble?
    well the problem is you are just conquering giving the enemy no chance if I do what you guys do I win that fast too of course if you instead just wait until one faction has almost all the settlements(usually ends up being the Timurids or Mongols in vanilla) then start fighting them you'll find them much harder
    Ego's are fun

well the problem is you are just conquering giving the enemy no chance if I do what you guys do I win that fast too of course if you instead just wait until one faction has almost all the settlements(usually ends up being the Timurids or Mongols in vanilla) then start fighting them you'll find them much harder
    That's not the problem, my playstyle has always favored turtling over expansion. The problem is that waiting for the enemy to grow immensely powerful is boring, takes at least half the game, and that even the largest empires don't seem to know how to effectively use their forces. Even if I have waited quietly for 100 turns with five territories, my economic and military development so completely outstrips everyone else that I know using those forces to take over will be a cakewalk. My favorite type of game, and my greatest wish for the TW series, is that we get to the point where I honestly don't know if I will win.

That sense of uncertainty I hope for is, strangely enough, part of what gives LotR its character: the fact that the heroes are facing completely overwhelming odds that no sane man would expect to survive, let alone win.
    Multiplayer Name: Epinephrine

there is a script that gives factions money fixing the economy problem and I think there is a way to make the AI pick more elite troops and not always cheap militia and artillery BC uses the money script although they give factions too much money as you can see because the faction below has only 3 low level settlements but it still makes the game more challenging(I've also seen ERE have 13 full stacks on screen at once)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Ego's are fun

Hmm, didn't they use something like that also in Roma Surrectum (for Rome: Total War)?

Was a bit too often to see over ten full stacks of one faction on same screen.

yeah BC overdid it too as most factions can come up with 3 full stack armies in the field per settlement but still we should do this we just should give factions less money
    Ego's are fun

yeah BC overdid it too as most factions can come up with 3 full stack armies in the field per settlement but still we should do this we just should give factions less money
    I thought BC balanced it really well, except for those damn Turks......wow I hate those guys.
    Son of _Pontifex_Father to Mithrandir
    - Citizen, Artifex, Civitate - Librarian

Third Age: Total War - Most Promising Mod of 2008
    2D Graphical Artist & Moderator

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast