Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 227424344454647484950515253 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1043

Thread: Patched: Crimson Tide 4.2 (blood,sand,dirt,snow) -Medieval combat isn't pretty

Default Re: Patched: Crimson Tide 4.2 (blood,sand,dirt,snow) -Medieval combat isn't pretty

The link is dead... not working for me
    All Orks is equal, but some Orks are more equal dan uvvas.

Default Re: Patched: Crimson Tide 4.2 (blood,sand,dirt,snow) -Medieval combat isn't pretty

I have a problem, I have SS 6.4 and the crimson tide patch doesn't work. My game shadows are disabled and textures are high. Any idea of what could be the problem?

I've tried installing into the data folder and the mod folder multiple times and every time I play there isn't any difference. I own the steam version without the kingdoms expansion. what do I do?

Hey, I hate to bug you but is this mod still compatible with the latest version of SS?

this mod is so epic, thanks magus, really appreciate the work. check out my steam profile where i support you there( http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198155513045 ) this mod adds totally new subliminal aspects to the gameplay that directly affect player decisions. an absolute must for anyone curious.

I cannot get it to work with the full Medieval 2 Total war game, installed it to that data folder.

But it works awesomely on all the other Kingdoms games. If anyone can help with this issue, or is familiar with it, please let me know. Cheers.

the ont thing i know is for each kingdoms game you have to route it to each one in the mod folder. /british_isles/ , /crusades , /teutonic/ , /americas/ individually each time you run the CT install. i cant help with the main Medieval 2 game, because ive tried and it doesnt work with that one. works with the kingdoms games though.

last message was for graff and synth

romanlegion13th's Avatar Semisalis

Marplatense's Avatar Libertus

Thanks for new links.

C-Wayne's Avatar Laetus

I have downloaded Crimson Tide 4 and I do not see this glorious blood I'm supposed to be enjoying. Can someone lend me a suggestion? All files are in the Data folder as they are supposed to be. Do I need to have the game running on some kind of high settings or what? Thanks!

DeathtoEgo's Avatar Civis

You need to have Shader version 2 selected in video options.

C-Wayne's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by DeathtoEgo View Post
    You need to have Shader version 2 selected in video options.
    Thank you DeathtoEgo, for the most part it did change the blood effects. So I'm happy there, it's just not to the level of the pictures the modder posted of Crimson Tide. But I'll live.

Downloaded it and installed it in the mods Folder, didnt work, then I tried this "https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/132407/medieval-ii-how-to-run-mods-after-22-07-2014-update", and also the trick to rename one of the campaign folder, what I got was : Blood and dirt were there, mod was apparently working, but there were no sounds during battle, and some missing in the menu screen. Any idea?

Ps: I seem to have fixed it by copy/pasting the audio file from the mainfolder/ data file into the new mod's folder. Bloods appears here and there, quite dark though, and its not that bloody. But maybe it was just the start of the battle...
    Last edited by litote; March 13, 2016 at 11:47 AM.

Default Crimson Tide for vanilla on Steam

Hello, I've searched this forum, and several others, but still have no idea on how to run Crimson Tide. As the title says, I own Steam copy of Medieval, with Kingdoms. I did everything according to several instructions, but haven't seen any blood nor dirt yet. I'd be extremely pleased if anyone of you guys could help me.

I also have tried installing to the data folder with shader v2 selected, nothing happened. I then installed it to the mod folder and still nothing. I've also tried what Litote ^ did (except changing campaign name) and that didn't work. I'm either really poor at this or something is wrong. I expect the former any suggestions?

cannot even download from the new links

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

I'll see if I still have it in my archives and will re-upload it. I don't promise anything
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Last edited by Gigantus; July 25, 2017 at 03:35 AM.

46thCharlemagne's Avatar Libertus
    Central Republic of Dindunuffinz Raggamuffinz

I haven't seen anyone mention this problem in this entire massive thread so I'm going to ask and hope someone can give me a solution.

I installed Crimson Tide WITH sand/dust/dirt/snow and patched up to 4.2 exactly as instructed. Using it with Retrofit Mod + GUAM.

The blood part is working fine, but the only troops which get dirty with sand/dust/dirt/snow are the mounted ones. No infantry ever seem to get dirty at all besides the blood, and strangely even the mounts for the mounted units remain pristine clean, the only units getting filthy are riders on horses.

I have only tested this in custom battles, could that have something to do with it?

***EDIT***

Okay, things seem to have worked themselves out now. Mounted units, the rider will eventually become dirty (mud, snow, sand) even if the unit just stands still from the beginning of the battle, while the mount itself remains perfectly clean until it begins moving. Infantry will likewise remain clean unless they begin moving.

Not the way I remember it working three years ago before my PC crashed, but oh well, I still get the lovely effect of dirty, ultra-bloody soldiers. LOVE this mod.
    Last edited by 46thCharlemagne; July 02, 2018 at 01:36 AM. Reason: Addendum