Page 1 of 53 12345678910112651 ... LastLast

Thread: Patched: Crimson Tide 4.2 (blood,sand,dirt,snow) -Medieval combat isn't pretty

Magus's Avatar Tiro

Icon6 Patched: Crimson Tide 4.2 (blood,sand,dirt,snow) -Medieval combat isn't pretty

Medieval combat isn't pretty
    ***ATTENTION DEVELOPERS, FEEL FREE TO USE CRIMSON TIDE IN YOUR MODS, JUST CREDIT ME PLEASE - PERMISSION ISN'T NEEDED***
    Features 4.2 Patch
    -corrected the fire trail bug
    -the dust is now brown as intended, and should show up better.
    (look for at the bottom of the post for the patch)

Features in 4.0
    - The addition of a burnt texture, now your soldiers will be nice and crispy.
    - Removed arrow trails
    - Added dust during dry weather and in the desert.
    - Improved arrow impacts sprites, a little lighter, a little nastier.

Features in 3.0
    - improved and revised blood, sand, snow, and dirt
    - updated descr_geography_new.db to be more compatible with the addition of snow to the game
    - possibly other updates as well, but I don't remember!

Features in 2.5
    - Implemented Snow and Sand overlay textures that are only applied when the soldiers are in that specific climate.
    - made the blood a little bit lighter
    - slightly altered the mud overlays so the second level is toned down a bit. (maybe more but I forgot)

Features in 2.0
    - Completely redone Hi-Res Textures, so you can see the drips and splats alot better
    - Dirt and blood no longer has that 'pixelated effect' on the previous version.
    - The rate at which soldiers get dirty has been altered so at the start of combat they are relatively clean, while further in to battle the muck and blood starts to cake on. Note: (Soldiers riding horses appear to get a little dirtier than soldiers on the ground)
    - redone the graphics and physics for the blood spurts when a soldier is hit by an arrow.

Features in 1.0 :
    - All new blood and dirt textures for your grim pleasure.
    - The blood is a deeper, richer red color that will make your cringe.
    - Blood and dirt now appear to splatter and drip off of the soldiers.
    - Mud and dirt will muck up your soldier's boots, shields and helmets.

Installation:
    Point the installer at the /data folder of the mod of your choice.

Compatibility:
    should be Complainte compatible with most mods, Crimson Tide 4 alters a few files other than the textures in order to get the best effect. These files are as follows:

descr_geography_new.db
    descr_effect_impacts.txt
    descr_flaming_projectiles.txt
    descr_particle.txt
    and then of course the overlay textures

if you use a mod that alters these files crimson tide will not be compatible, of course I could make adjustments upon request.

Credits: ME! Magus

Usage: Please feel free to use in your mod, just give me credit for my work and I won't breaka u face.

As always any feedback is appreciated, it will help me make the mod better and better, thanks everyone!

ENJOY!!

(if you do not want the added dust, delete descr_particles.txt, if you want your arrow trails back delete descr_flaming_projectiles.txt)

ENJOY!!

Gigantus: Updated download links courtesy of ON3

Link to 4.0: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=4395
    Link to 4.2 patch: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=2058

Gigantus again: apparently all links are for the no-dirt version. Here a link to the 'full' version.

Note: if this mod is used as a stand a lone with the main game then the game needs to be made 'mod compatible'. The easiest way to do so is with my desktop shortcuts. Simply install the shortcuts and then run the game (and DLCs if you want to use the mod there as well) with their respective desktop shortcuts.
    Last edited by Gigantus; December 19, 2022 at 11:38 PM. Reason: no-dirt link update
    Author of Crimson Tide, the Battlefield Aesthetics Mod
    click below for link.

Firebat11's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Crimson Tide REL 1.0 (blood)

Wow...

Question though: Your screenies are all troops that wear white clothing thus increasing the effectiveness of the demonstration.

How does it look on black suited troops?
    Co-Creator of Battle for the Baltic Mod for SS 6.1

Magus's Avatar Tiro

it looks good on troops in black too, i've tried both, I can post some screens of troops wearing dark colors too in a little bit, or you can try out the blood and see for yourself!! thanks for the feedback.
    click below for link.

Barser's Avatar Senator

Looks great

I just tryed a custom battle with it and it is really great +rep my friend
    Last edited by Barser; June 29, 2008 at 03:47 PM.

______________Factionleaders and Generals mod__________________
    ______________________Agents-minimod____________________________

Nice addition Allu.
    Artifex
    Under the patronage of King Kong
    Proud patron of y2day and yelowdogg23

Looks nice. More blood is always a good thing, +rep.

Haven't seen a blood mod for a long time now.
    Plus a new feature for dirt?
    +rep!

Awesome, thanks! +rep!

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Looks awesome but there are a couple of instances where the blood stains on the body or helmet look too straight and hard-edged.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Agree with CC, but awesome mod, really adds to the gritty feel +rep

aNarion.'s Avatar Centenarius

More blood to the people!
    +rep

Magus's Avatar Tiro

I will be releasing an updated version of crimson tide here in a few days where I will go back in and correct those square pixelated specks of dirt and blood and such. should only take me a few minutes. thanks for the feedback everyone, please let me know if you spot anything else or if you have any more suggestions for me, I want to make this addition as bloody and gorey as possible
    click below for link.

Nice job, thanks. Blood color looks very realistic. I would like to see more blood and dirt; The front line should be bloody...I didn't see the dirt haze when marching. Just my opinion.

Hi, Magus, first thing off I want to thank you for making the mod, really nice, and after about 20 battles with your mod, I have some thoughts...:hmmm: Can the blood be less in amount but more like spray on type, consider if the soldier himself bleeding like that I dont think he can still walking around(not to mention fighting), so in that case, the blood on him should be the folks he laid down permanently, then should spray like blood more realistic? and second thing is(I am greedy...), can you possible make more different "styles" in bleeding from the soldier's body, cuz sometimes when around 5 soldiers in a unit bleeding in the same "style"(blood stink on the same place) it doesn't look as realistic...

Hopefully I didn't ask too much, lol
    And now I will go back and trying your mod some more... +rep if I can, can I?

Magus's Avatar Tiro

Icon7 Re: Crimson Tide REL 1.0 (blood)

you betcha,
    I am going to try and collect all the advice I have received on here in order to make the best blood mod possible, I am actually in the process of messing around with the blood cloud sprites to make them nastier looking too, I will more than likley be releasing another version in the next few days with all the suggestions that people have made.
    click below for link.

Oh, Magus, I dont know if its possible, to add some slashes to the shield maybe(Being really greedy...)?

Hi Magus, I like the blood amount just right, looks realistic, especially the blood on swords and shields.

However, one thing that bugs me though now that we notice blood a lot more often than the original, is that blood stains change places dramatically when soldiers health change from injured to death (death animation). It would be more realistic to use the same blood texture, but maybe add a little more blood for a smooth change.

Thanks for your time.

Brewskii's Avatar Senator

+rep my friend this really adds more realism,I already have it installed and it looks great

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Nothing, just wanted to see if you'd open it.

Barser's Avatar Senator

Whenever I start a battle my units gets the dirt effect in 10 sek. It's really annoying. Can you fix that?

I tryed putting the original files back and they don't suddently gets dirty anymore.

______________Factionleaders and Generals mod__________________
    ______________________Agents-minimod____________________________

Quote Originally Posted by Barser View Post
    Whenever I start a battle my units gets the dirt effect in 10 sek. It's really annoying. Can you fix that?

I tryed putting the original files back and they don't suddently gets dirty anymore.
    Yeah i noticed that too..the flags get really dirty from the start too! Bit I don't mind that much..just looking forward to smoothing jagged edges and pixelated dirt!

Good job by the way!

Page 1 of 53 12345678910112651 ... LastLast