Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: XENOPHONIA FOR SS 6.1 - DOWNLOAD

Default Re: XENOPHONIA FOR SS 6.1 - DOWNLOAD

Don't worry. Go ahead! :>)
    La bataille de Hastings! - 14 octobre 1066 -this battle will start a series of clashes between two mighty peoples, where France will extend a glorious future, leaving permanently etched their mark on British culture.

Theseus1234 , "i got a little confused when the installer said "run the game to complete installation" and the vanilla M2TW screen showed up"

It's correct. It is necessary to rebuilding game files.
    La bataille de Hastings! - 14 octobre 1066 -this battle will start a series of clashes between two mighty peoples, where France will extend a glorious future, leaving permanently etched their mark on British culture.

HaveFallen's Avatar Centenarius
    In this Island, surrounded by water. Guam!

Ok, after all the downloading I seemed to have bumped into a little problem.

After I put everything into the MTW folder, and run the xenophobia1_E.exe, next, next, next until it comes into the real installer, it says it'll take a few minutes to install.

It also says that it fails to extract the voice1 and voice3 stuff. I thought that was normal, so I pressed any key to continue. Now it says it cannot find the system file specified 6 times, goes to the unpacking, but it says ' UNACE32.exe' is not a recognized as an internal or external command, 6 times for all the languages, and creates the system folder.

It then says the installation will finish by running the game. I continue, No game runs, nothing. And it says I finished, now run the game using the xenophobia shortcut.

Sorry if it's confusing. Thanks.

EDIT: After a little searching I decided to do everything manually,and it worked! But Italians had no voice and Russians were still english. I decided i'm going to completely reinstall everything, and redo this. I hope it workd.
    Last edited by HaveFallen; July 11, 2008 at 04:44 AM.
    If I can't cheat, how will I get through school???

Quote Originally Posted by caralampio View Post
    Regarding the other discussion, I think xenophonia stands for foreign speaking or foreign speak. For instance, anglophone is an English speaker, francophone, a French speaker, etc.
    well...as a matter of fact I have been taught Greek by one of the leaders of the "Deutscher Altphilologenverband" who has himself written several books about Latin and Greek, who speaks both of those languages fluently (ancient and modern greek) and I have asked him yesterday what xenophonia means and he said that it is the killing of strangers

afaik "xenophone" would be the strange sound....or something like that...
    Prof's Mods (Attila Mods)
    Creator of Polemarchia: Total War
    Under the patronace of Epistolary Richard
    <- Now with Attila screens

I am having problem, I installed game, followed all instructions, but when I start game, the game freezes. Help. sorry if There isn't enough info, but thats all I have.

Never mind, stupid mistake of mine.
    Last edited by TK_422; July 11, 2008 at 06:26 PM.

TK_422... try again, next time you will a good luck

Hey ive got a question

i installed this few days ago and it was working perfect

but when i deleted ss6.1 and reinstalled, it stopped working

it seems that when im playing my own faction does not speak native tongue but only ai factions speak their own tongue.

for example, i play spain and when i click my own unit it speaks spanish accent english. when i click a french unit which is ai faction they speak native french.

so after i discovered ive reinstalled xenophonia again even tho its working partially.

but even with reinstallation it does not fix the problem.

can anyone help me with that? i love this mod and it makes not want to play anymore without my faction not speaking in native tongue.

Hello,
    CK0426,

Delete your events.idx and events.dat files in your SS 6.1 data\sounds and extract data txt files (attached) to replace the original files in your mod.

Should I wait for the final version or should i just go ahead and download it?

Perhaps there are other people thinking about doing this. But for now you can download this.

Ftmch's Avatar Senator

Does this take additional disk-space? and if it does (which it probably does), how much room is required? I'm asking this since my medieval 2 folder is already 17gb ^^

Hello FTMCH,

Between 3 and 6 gb, I guess.
    Last edited by devereau; July 15, 2008 at 06:19 AM. Reason: orthographie

Ftmch's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by devereau View Post
    Hello FTMCH,

Between 3 and 6 gb, I guess.
    Ah, I see. The mod is tempting, but I'll need to free up some more disk-space ^^

sinople's Avatar These Romans are crazy!

Very good job

Beiss's Avatar Nemo nascitur...

Thanks for doing this, Deverau! I'm backpacking in the USA and rarely have internet access, so I haven't noticed this until now. Looks like you did a pretty good job!

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    I have asked him yesterday what xenophonia means and he said that it is the killing of strangers

afaik "xenophone" would be the strange sound....or something like that...
    For the record, no, I named the mod after "foreign speech", though I have to admit I don't know very much Greek at all, ancient or modern. I do know, however, that Xenophonia is also the name of a speech disorder, which would suggest that the person who named that disorder either didn't know Greek very well, or "-phon-" can mean both death and sound. Ironically, speech disorder (English with silly accents) is what I wanted to avoid with this mod, and I probably would have named the mod differently had I known about the disorder when I named the mod. Admittedly, however, the mod's name was improvised with the little knowledge of Greek I had.

*googles wikipedia*
    *googles for greek online dictionaries*

Maybe "Xenophoni" would have been a better name, "phoni" meaning "voice", or even better, replacing "phoni" with its plural counterpart, creating a word meaning "foreign voices". I think my original intention was a word meaning "the world/land/place of foreign speech" or something similar. I'll be sure to consult an expert the next time I try to say something in Greek.
    Under the patronage of Halie Satanus, Emperor of Ice Cream, in the house of wilpuri

Achilla's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by devereau View Post
    Xenophonia for Stainless Steel 6.1 is Ready!

The full list of changes is as follows:

The Frenchs, Jerusalem, Knights Templar speak French.
    The Germans (the Holy Roman Empire) and Teutonic Order speak German.
    The Danes and Norway speak Danish Edited: (BUT IN REALITY, another GERMAN package) thanks, Barser.
    The Italians (Venice, Milan, Sicily, and the Papal States) speak Italian.
    The Russians, Kievan russians and the Polish speak Russian.
    The Spanishs, Portugese and Aragoneses speak Spanish.
    You couldn't create more accurate blasphemy than this. Through the ages russia was Poland's sworn enemy. I will not forgive you this blasphemy either.
    Man is but a shadow of his former self, encased in feverish delusions of grandeur.
    Ignorance is your shield, knowledge is your weapon.
    Heart without reason is stupid, reason without heart is blind.

Sir, please forgive me. In reality for us Latinos, the Polish accent is closer to the Slavic languages than for the Mediterranean accent of the game. Also for many Brazilians would be terrible the Spanish accent to Portuguese faction in the game, and for me, in my case, English is unbearable playing with the French! What could be done? Eastern-European accent?

Sir, you know I have great respect for all the Polish people, in fact, I have many friends here descendants in Brazil. And perhaps the German accent would be even greater mistake. Calling the Franco-Brazilian-Polish friendship, I apologize to him.
    Last edited by devereau; July 31, 2008 at 04:21 PM.

sry if this is a noob question but is this compatible with kingdoms?

Beiss's Avatar Nemo nascitur...

Quote Originally Posted by Achilla View Post
    You couldn't create more accurate blasphemy than this. Through the ages russia was Poland's sworn enemy. I will not forgive you this blasphemy either.
    Seriously, if there's any sort of blasphemy here, it's the fact that the Scandinavian peoples in the game speak with a Slavic accent. Sweden and Denmark were bitter enemies for nearly a thousand years, but I'd still prefer to have the Swedes in the game speak Danish over having them speak Slavic accented English. The only reason the Polish speak Russian in the mod is because that's the closest we could get to Polish.
    Under the patronage of Halie Satanus, Emperor of Ice Cream, in the house of wilpuri

Quote Originally Posted by jaguar8311 View Post
    sry if this is a noob question but is this compatible with kingdoms?
    Yes, it's compatible.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast