Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: XENOPHONIA FOR SS 6.1 - DOWNLOAD

Default Re: XENOPHONIA FOR SS 6.1 - DOWNLOAD

Ok, now it all works for me

btw: when you chose the name for the mod did you know that the greek word "Xenophonia" means "the killing of strangers"? xD
    Prof's Mods (Attila Mods)
    Creator of Polemarchia: Total War
    Under the patronace of Epistolary Richard
    <- Now with Attila screens

Johan217's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    btw: when you chose the name for the mod did you know that the greek word "Xenophonia" means "the killing of strangers"? xD
    It does? I thought it meant "the speech of strangers" or something like that. In medicine it is a term for a particular speech disorder, however
    Rock 'n' roll is the only religion that will never let you down

Prof, Xenophonia is VERY different XENOPHOBIA.

and...the original " copyright " by Mr. Beiss.
    Last edited by devereau; July 09, 2008 at 09:01 AM.
    La bataille de Hastings! - 14 octobre 1066 -this battle will start a series of clashes between two mighty peoples, where France will extend a glorious future, leaving permanently etched their mark on British culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Furiøùs View Post
    Yea, what specifically do i need to copy, it sounded fishy and i backed it up but it wrecked my whole game haha. What files in text do i need?
    No need to copy any! please check balloons for dialogue in the diplomatic body. Actually I believe that the files do not need to upgrade.
    La bataille de Hastings! - 14 octobre 1066 -this battle will start a series of clashes between two mighty peoples, where France will extend a glorious future, leaving permanently etched their mark on British culture.

Quote Originally Posted by caralampio View Post
    Attention! This will cause havoc to the ancillary system of the game if you just copy everything from vanilla's data/text. You should specify the files to be copied.

Fortunately I had backed up my files.
    Actually when I believe it is not necessary to copy those files.
    Probably a few lines of diplomatic dialogues could be confused.
    I will check later. Thank you for observation, Caralampio.

Quote Originally Posted by devereau View Post
    Prof, Xenophonia is VERY different XENOPHOBIA.

and...the original " copyright " by Mr. Beiss.

I know that I have learned ancient greek for several years at school

and therefore I know that "xenophonia" means "killing of the strangers"...that's also what any dictionary will tell you if you look up the word "xenophonia"

I suggest you research for Xenophobia and Xenophonia.

I know the difference between xenophobia and xenophonia ^^

Phobe is fear

phonos is murder, bloody deed

I suggest you consult your dictionary

xenophobia is the fear of strangers
    xenophonia is the killing of strangers (I nearly picked that name for polemarchia, but then I noticed that another mod was already using it...)

Yes I' do it...
    ""I suggest you consult your dictionary""...

http://www.yourdictionary.com/phonia-suffix ))

phono- (fō′nō, -nə) ,sound, tone, speech phonology

or

xenophonia
    A strange speech defect marked by an alteration in accent and intonation.
    http://www.wordinfo.info/words/index...s&s=xenophonos

Now... Xenophonos, I don't know...may be you are correct maybe you reference to greek heros - Xenophonte, 430?-354? A.C ??
    Last edited by devereau; July 09, 2008 at 01:27 PM.

in my dictionary it says "Xenophonia: das Töten von Fremden" (killing of strangers)

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    in my dictionary it says "Xenophonia: das Töten von Fremden" (killing of strangers)
    Are you Deutsch?...I am Brazilian ...and we talk about Greek...
    we need not create controversies about this.

Alles gut!

caralampio's Avatar Magnificus

I think devereau assumed that one has a virgin vanilla installation, which is not always the case if you have used other mods or made your own changes. If you have anything previously in the text folder, install Xenophonia, and then just dump everything into the SS folder, problems will happen.

I recalled that I had made some modifications for ancillaries in my vanilla text folder, hence the problem. I still don't know exactly which files I have currently in my vanilla text folder, are from xenophonia... I don't remember what I had there before.

The files I have are:

battle events subtitles
    battle events subtitles.txt.strings
    diplomacy
    diplomacy.txt.strings
    diplomacy speech
    diplomacy speech.txt.strings
    export ancillaries
    export ancillaries.txt.strings
    export.vnvs
    export.vnvs.txt.strings
    FactionIntroSubTitles.txt.strings
    norman prologue regions and settlement names.txt.strings
    prebattle speeches subtitles
    prebattle speeches subtitles.txt.strings

I dumped all this into SS, as instructed, and noticed that a lot of ancillary and trait descriptions were missing. Since these are governed by export ancillaries and export vnvs, I assumed that was the problem and replaced them from the backup.

Most of the other files seem like something that might go with xenophonia. Devereau, can you confirm?

Otherwise, xenophonia working just great!

caralampio's Avatar Magnificus

Regarding the other discussion, I think xenophonia stands for foreign speaking or foreign speak. For instance, anglophone is an English speaker, francophone, a French speaker, etc.

Hi, Caralampio,

I think there was no folder text before in the vanilla (?).
    These files are complementary to the original, or, the lines were added to the discourse of the factions that have been added (danish, spanish, italian, russian, german, french), so his remplacement in SS 6 does not cause problems, problems occur only in case of new additions in SS 6, then the legends of prebattle and diploemacy are missing. I removed these instructions of the my 'manual', so I think it will not take effect, thereby avoiding confusion.

These files here, certainly had lines added by Xenophonia:

battle events subtitles
    battle events subtitles.txt.strings*
    diplomacy
    diplomacy.txt.strings*
    diplomacy speech
    diplomacy speech.txt.strings*
    prebattle speeches subtitles
    prebattle speeches subtitles.txt.strings*

(bin files)

If any line is missing, mainly in the dialogues of diplomacy, you can try again move the files of diplomacy of vanilla\data\text for ss6\data\text
    Last edited by devereau; July 10, 2008 at 06:47 AM. Reason: double

Ok.
    Last edited by devereau; July 10, 2008 at 06:46 AM.

+rep to you, devereau, if I can...

Everything works like charm, as I did it step by step as the post mentioned, very happy with the mod, except I dont know what the "****" they saying, but it is very fun to hear them speak native lauguage...

one curious question, why we need to delete the voice folder at last?

The game don't need this folder. He is already contained in voices.dat. But you can see all the files is add. in the game.

so if im installing this for SS, i would place all the .exe files in my main SS folder?
    --- Theseus1234
    Suum cique (To each their own) -Motto of the Kingdom of Prussia

The Crown of Aragon AAR- The Iberian Supremacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Justice and Mercy View Post
    My opinion is 100% objective. That's how I'm so right all the time.
    ^Human hubris knows no bounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Theseus1234 View Post
    so if im installing this for SS, i would place all the .exe files in my main SS folder?
    excuse me, I did not understand.

Quote Originally Posted by devereau View Post
    excuse me, I did not understand.
    my apologies if i wasnt clear
    in your guide, you said to place the .exe files (like xenophonia1german.exe and so on) in the main M2TW folder. i was wondering if that would add the accents to vanilla or to SS, i didnt quite understand which even though this is for SS 6.1...im just slow :hmmm:

so in a nutshell, my question is will this add the accents to SS if the exe files are in the main M2TW folder? i got a little confused when the installer said "run the game to complete installation" and the vanilla M2TW screen showed up
    Last edited by Theseus1234; July 10, 2008 at 07:31 PM.
    --- Theseus1234
    Suum cique (To each their own) -Motto of the Kingdom of Prussia

The Crown of Aragon AAR- The Iberian Supremacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Justice and Mercy View Post
    My opinion is 100% objective. That's how I'm so right all the time.
    ^Human hubris knows no bounds.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast