Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: XENOPHONIA FOR SS 6.1 - DOWNLOAD

Beiss's Avatar Nemo nascitur...

Default Re: XENOPHONIA FOR SS 6.1 - DOWNLOAD

Alright.
    Under the patronage of Halie Satanus, Emperor of Ice Cream, in the house of wilpuri

I have manage to get Xenophonia to work satisfactorily in my initial tests with 6.2 RR/RC. I need to test the new faction added by 6.2 (the one that replaced the Irish) and play a campaign for lots of turns to see if there are ctds/systemwide crashes.

What I did was install 6.1, install xenophonia without ever launching the game at this step then delete the events and voice files in steel/data/sounds. What I do next loosely follows the steps at http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...31#post5761131. I didn't copy the big total war/data/sounds voice1,2, etc. or any of those other files into the mod's sounds folder. I then overwrote the steel/data files with the files attached in the beginning of this thread, as they were newer. I then overwrote steel/data with my own descr_accents file. I forgot to put it in the zip but it is nothing special; the irish are removed and the new faction is added, and hungary is removed from russia (I tried looking up what language they spoke back then but I got confused).

With all the data files in place, I started stainless steel 6.1 and started the rebuild of the sound files. Fortunately, I got the graphic error and the long load time. The result is a 9 meg events.dat and a small voice.dat in steel/data/sounds. What I typed is all fluff (basically followed the OP with a few minor changes) and the events.dat is the most important thing in this post. It is attached here. I don't know how important the voice.dat is but I included that too.

After this, I installed 6.2 RR/RC but I made sure to not replace the events and voice files.

I will not be testing this part, but I can infer that if one already has 6.2 installed, he can install Xenophonia then use the text files attached in the first post (remove ireland and put in the new faction) and also use the events.dat in my post. My files go in steel/data/sounds. He would be basically where I am.

I had to resort to this because the mod's events.dat was not rebuilding when I installed Xenophonia over 6.2. Always ctd with a very small events.dat. I got a 5 meg events.dat with using the linked post's text files, but it had no voice.

Everything looks fine in the campaign map. Haven't had any ctds so far. The only problem is that some subtitles have things like AI_REJECT_MAD at the end.
    Last edited by spur390; December 31, 2009 at 04:36 PM.

Is this real hard to do? I would like to have this for rr/rc 6.2

I don't know what hard is for you. Why don't you try it for yourself and back up your stuff first

Quote Originally Posted by spur390 View Post
    I don't know what hard is for you. Why don't you try it for yourself and back up your stuff first
    True

It seems the files are off, can someone repost it?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678