Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Ferrum Aeternum Screenshot Thread

Default Re: Ferrum Aeternum Screenshot Thread

you mean "roi,prince, Royaume de France" ?
    Common sense removed due being Disruptive.

More complicate, of course.Royaume de France^^,its easy.You know maybe Ataegina,while 14century,"Dauphin du Viennois" is the good title,like Prince of Wales for England,I'm interested for all concern France.But I might understand that you don't need my help.Of course.

Senator
    In the icey lands of Norway... which aren't actually icey... more like rainy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rus-Bey View Post
    More complicate, of course.Royaume de France^^,its easy.You know maybe Ataegina,while 14century,"Dauphin du Viennois" is the good title,like Prince of Wales for England,I'm interested for all concern France.But I might understand that you don't need my help.Of course.
    You mean that you want to help with giving more archaic/medieval French titles? (Francais anciennes? Pardon mon horrible francais, mon francais professeur est mauvais)

If so, go ahead. Terms that we could use translated to that are:
    Kingdom of France
    King
    King of France
    Prince
    Prince of France

Also if you know any regional titles (like for example Ruler of Paris or Marsielle, et cetera), feel free to name those too. Authenticity is always welcome.
    Last edited by hekk; December 15, 2009 at 05:04 PM.

Yes for example:Royaume,no choose Reaulme,its a word of norman dialect
    Roy(archaic french) not Roi(more modern)

Prince yes ,its simple,but never other titles before that the the heir have like apanage the "Dauphiné du Viennois",well he become "Dauphin"(abolished in 1789)

Connétable de France for the ruler of Paris before 13century(this charge is hereditary for the dynasty of Champagne).
    This province of Paris is real problem,because its the personnal property of the King.So no feudal titles for the region of Paris,impossible to give in fief to a noble.The charge of "Prévôt de la Hanse des marchands de la Seine" is the most important,but a noble can't become Prévôt,only parisian patricians.The alternative to the civil governor like this Prévôt is the "Gouverneur de Paris",but I don't encountred this charge before the 14century.The "Prévôté des marchants " is a virtual "commune"(a free town).Because she have many obligations.

Senator
    In the icey lands of Norway... which aren't actually icey... more like rainy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rus-Bey View Post
    Yes for example:Royaume,no choose Reaulme,its a word of norman dialect
    Roy(archaic french) not Roi(more modern)

Prince yes ,its simple,but never other titles before that the the heir have like apanage the "Dauphiné du Viennois",well he become "Dauphin"(abolished in 1789)

Connétable de France for the ruler of Paris before 13century(this charge is hereditary for the dynasty of Champagne).
    This province of Paris is real problem,because its the personnal property of the King.So no feudal titles for the region of Paris,impossible to give in fief to a noble.The charge of "Prévôt de la Hanse des marchands de la Seine" is the most important,but a noble can't become Prévôt,only parisian patricians.The alternative to the civil governor like this Prévôt is the "Gouverneur de Paris",but I don't encountred this charge before the 14century.The "Prévôté des marchants " is a virtual "commune"(a free town).Because she have many obligations.
    Ah interesting, thankful for that! Will change it so, as soon as I get the chance.

Also would you perhaps be familiar with the Norman dialect enough to give example of titles such as: Kingdom of England (or maybe Kingdom of England and Normandy), King, Prince of England or Prince, in the Norman dialect?

I'm thinking maybe to switch the language of the English faction to Norman French (if possible), since Norman French was what the upper-class/ruling-class of England spoke at that time (since they were Normans), even to such an extent that even one of the most famous of English kings; Richard the Lionheart (a character very relevant to FA's period), barely even spoke the language of the local populace (English), but spoke French.
    Last edited by hekk; December 16, 2009 at 02:19 AM.

Sorry, I don't know the norman dialect,I know only spoken in Normandy,the england court idiom is the french of Paris,the norman dialect is spoken like local and regional language.This language is used for the laws who concern the norman ethny,for example the communal charts.But the diplomatic language is the french of Paris.Because the vassalization of the Plantagenets under the Capetians.Yes Hekke,you're right for Richard,he spoke the french of Paris, and he understood the dialect of the Aquitans(a more roman dialect,like occitan) because he is Duke of Guyenne/Aquitaine.
    I know an other mod have the vernacular names,a good mod like FA,maybe Domininion of the Sword.

the land of the pharaohs

templars

beautiful.
    Democracy is beautiful in theory; in practice it is a fallacy.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=514102

wow a new wind is blowing verry nice!

Impressive!

maximius serbus's Avatar Civis

Great

pacco's Avatar -master-of-none-

Next time add the credit list!

Skinner and modeller for Roma Surrectum
    Under the patronage of Tone
    my shield collection

Quote Originally Posted by pacco View Post
    Next time add the credit list!
    you're on the credits list as team member and contributor

*Former members & Contributors *
    pacco - skins
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=144195
    Last edited by Ataegina; December 26, 2009 at 11:28 AM.

pacco's Avatar -master-of-none-

I know, but when you show some new units its better to write some informations about models (who is the creator; is there some parts from other mod...), skins...

Skinner and modeller for Roma Surrectum
    Under the patronage of Tone
    my shield collection

Ah yes, well that will be done from now on (more detailed information)

Constantius's Avatar Primicerius

All looks exellent ,really looking forward to it ,must say hadn't really heard much about you till now .Great work carnt wait ,theres alot of new and exciting mods due for release (soon)

Signature made by Joar

Icon7 Re: Ferrum Aeternum Screenshot Thread

Great work guys! I was unable to login into the forum for some time ( and I don't know why),I coudn't see what you were doing,but everything is awesome Hope to see your mod released soon

Djordje's Avatar Civis

wow...very nice guys

Icon3 players screenshots thread (post here your screenshots)

Post here your battle,campaign or misc. pictures of this mod here

Default Re: players screenshots thread (post here your screenshots)

http://img34.imageshack.us/i/jerusalam.jpg/

Ayyubidun vs Royaume de Jerusalem
    Last edited by VINC.XXIII; February 09, 2010 at 01:44 PM. Reason: err

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast