Thread: Augustan Reforms.. Weird thing happened

2-D Ron's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Augustan Reforms.. Weird thing happened

Well first thing that was weird.. It says the General has to be selfish, yet I had a General with the following Characteristics..

Sharp/Charismatic/Vigorous
    Arrogans
    Expert Recruiter
    Skilled Bureaucrat
    Unselfish

And I received the 'Dictator Trait'???

Checked the other criteria's

I have 60+ Type 2 Settlements.
    Just skimmed 90 Settlements.
    Fought 800 Battles
    The year is 120 Bc now.

I made the guy Faction Heir, sent the Faction Leader on a one way trip to oblivion.

My General now the New Faction Leader then received the Trait of 'Augustus' Got a pop up confirmation that I figured was the trigger to get the reforms.. But 5 turns on, no Augustan Reforms??

I have 1.1 on EB and I was told by a member of the team that the Augustan Reform Bug was fixed with 1.1.

MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar Domesticus
    Citizen

Default Re: Augustan Reforms.. Weird thing happened

Do you have the Avgvstan Era marker in your cities? Have you upgraded your MICs to get the new troops?

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAureliusAntoninus View Post
    Do you have the Avgvstan Era marker in your cities? Have you upgraded your MICs to get the new troops?
    No Augustan Marker or MIC's in the Repair Tab to Upgrade to the reforms.

The General (Faction Leader) even has Augustus as his last name now.
    But I'm not getting the reforms.

I've also noticed that my 91 Settlements have dropped to 84 yet I haven't lost a settlement to anyone?

Oh dear hang about, Sweboz was a Vassal of mine that broke off from me when a City I bought off them rebelled back to the Sweboz; This around the time this drop in settlements happened. Couldn't be right?
    Do Vassal states add themselves to the total of Conquered Provinces on the Faction menu?
    Last edited by 2-D Ron; June 27, 2008 at 08:09 AM.

Icon3 Re: Augustan Reforms.. Weird thing happened

Yes, vassals count as occupied territories. That might be it.

stupid question, but never understood what upgrading a MIC is. building new barracks? my barracks get damaged and i repair?

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan 666 View Post
    stupid question, but never understood what upgrading a MIC is. building new barracks? my barracks get damaged and i repair?
    Yes, MIC is the abbreviation for military industrial complex, the infrastructure required to recruit, equip, train and maintain an army. In EB these are represented by the factional and regional barracks.
    Last edited by Ludens; June 28, 2008 at 06:41 AM.

You mentioned the general's selfishness trait, but i'm pretty sure in the FAQ it says he must be selfless - not selfish. In the game I think this is worded as unselfish, but it means the same. Another little question, but as vassal states count towards the provinces you have, does this apply in victory conditions within EB? Say you keep the averni (for example) in gaul as a vassal (playing as Rome), can you win? Or do you need to directly control these territories?
    Thanks

The FAQ says the potential Augustuscan't be selfless, in other words, he must be selfish.

EB victory conditions are done through the script, IIRC, who does not count vassal states. So yes, you need to control them directly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2984 View Post
    You mentioned the general's selfishness trait, but i'm pretty sure in the FAQ it says he must be selfless - not selfish. In the game I think this is worded as unselfish, but it means the same. Another little question, but as vassal states count towards the provinces you have, does this apply in victory conditions within EB? Say you keep the averni (for example) in gaul as a vassal (playing as Rome), can you win? Or do you need to directly control these territories?
    Thanks

Unselfish, I thought they had to be Selfish?
    As you can see I managed to get the High Ambition Trait.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludens View Post
    The FAQ says the potential Augustuscan't be selfless, in other words, he must be selfish.

EB victory conditions are done through the script, IIRC, who does not count vassal states. So yes, you need to control them directly.

Ah drat! That explains it, I had 92 Settlements, then I bought a Settlement off the Sweboz which revolted 2 turns later and Sweboz was a Vassal of mine; I wondered why I had around 75 Settlements then 92, then around 77 again.

Made my General the Leader, he's 50 now and have to take about 13 Settlements before he kicks the Bucket.
    Or is it too late?

Not sure, can you take 13 settlements in that time? In any case, the character you display is is selfless (unselfish), and therefor cannot trigger the reform.

Not sure, can you take 13 settlements in that time? In any case, the character you display is is selfless (unselfish), and therefor cannot trigger the reform.
    How come he has the High Ambitions trait?

High Ambitions should only appear if your General IS selfish and all the other trait conditions completed, right?

And I'm down to 5 Settlements, I bought several with all the mass wealth I saved. My general with the High Ambitions trait is 51, i'm cutting it close.
    Last edited by 2-D Ron; July 14, 2008 at 07:55 AM.

Yes, it should not appear. Strange. Maybe they changed the requirements but forgot to update the FAQ?

Yes, it should not appear. Strange. Maybe they changed the requirements but forgot to update the FAQ?
    I think the problem was simply down to me thinking I had over 90 Settlements when in fact 7-9 of those 90+ Settlements were vassals of mine.
    And once the revolt happened the settlement I bought off them returned to the Sweboz and I was at War with them because of it loosing those 7-9 Settlements.

Plus Vassals if I'm right don't count as Settlements when unlocking the reforms, they have to be all owned and run by my faction?

I got the Augustan Reforms! yee-ah!
    Building the MIC's.

So the above Print screen is what you need to get the reforms, Unselfish is a must.

The person that did the Faq's will of got Selfless mixed up with Selfish, they look kinda similar.

So Change the Faqs for the Augustan Reforms to Unselfish.

I really doubt that Augustus formed the empire out of altruistic motives. The FAQ is correct; it's just the traits that are wrong .

I really doubt that Augustus formed the empire out of altruistic motives. The FAQ is correct; it's just the traits that are wrong .
    He is Disloyal, that might have something to it?

But I've got the reforms, just built the MIC's and can now recruit Praetorian Cavalry and Cohorts.
    Last edited by 2-D Ron; July 15, 2008 at 09:52 PM.

I just had the EXACT same thing happen to me. Except I'm just gonna reduce the required settlements :p

Quote Originally Posted by revan1013 View Post
    I just had the EXACT same thing happen to me. Except I'm just gonna reduce the required settlements :p
    Traits got mixed, hopefully they will be fixed in the next update.

Still on my game; I'm starting to get a claw hold into the Israeli Region.
    I cannot get at Rhodes with the 3 Stacks of Greek Units. lol

Almost reached Alexandria as well.

In which condition we should put a character if we want him to get the good traits?