Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Christian Centric?

Campidoctor

Default Re: Christian Centric?

Will the Muslims at least be reskined?

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

For the Beta probably not. We don't think we will be releasing many new skins- Our roster will feature a total overhaul of the original game, and we just can't make 400 new units. Instead we are trying to re-use established skins and placeholders from other mods so that we can focus on releasing the mod earlier. The units that we are skinning or modelling from scratch- is all pretty unusual and unique stuff, it has to take priority. There will definitely be some Muslim units in that priority but it's not something we have pre-designed to appear fair. We are only interested in getting the mod out asap -we can humanly manage to produce realism and historically correct game representations in nearly every area but we just cannot re-skin and re-model 400 units with the manpower we have right now.

The vanilla Islamic skins are awful. Please try to do something about them!

What other mods' skins will you be using?

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

With the help of the mod's muslim factions reseachers their rosters will be unique!
    I could bet on it!!!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Quote Originally Posted by bkyn75 View Post
    The vanilla Islamic skins are awful. Please try to do something about them!

What other mods' skins will you be using?

We are talking with a lot of mods right now, it's a continuing process. Since we already cooperate with guys like Eastern Europe: Total War, Lithuania Mod and Magyar Mod, we have good contacts. We will try to get the best and most exclusive skins we can for everything.

Looks like Anthonius has sorted out the Byzantines anyway, check out his CBUR project.

I hope that that their outfits and armies are organized like in reality, not some barbaric Bedouins conquering Europe.
    Reap the promised end to the struggle. Reap every point on our linear path.
    Reap the smiles in time we borrow, every harvest relies on the last.
    Reap the promising song of the sparrow, that they learned from the birth of sea.
    Silenced by the threnody of the crows. Reap the fallen fruit of the dogwood tree.
    But I witnessed in all this silence one soul's definition of beauty. and a backlit smile so temporary.
    A facade so rich with evil history. Cast in direct opposition set to overwhelm this moment to shine and sleep.
    came out on top of what was borrowed, and found all that beauty to be still...

sirfiggin's Avatar Senator

just ask BC for muslim skins, they've got loads!
    The Duke of Dunwich and surrounding fiefdom

For any who are interested by my FF on occurrences in Rhun and beyond; I have begun a new project (not because the old one is finished, just opening more room for ideas) about one of the minor characters, Rankal. It is in the Third Age AAR index and here is the link http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=376994

Quote Originally Posted by sirfiggin View Post
    just ask BC for muslim skins, they've got loads!
    BC does NOT wish to help our MOD!
    We have allready asked their help months ago!!!!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

sirfiggin's Avatar Senator

ahh, thats a bit mean of them, why won't they share the fruits of their labours?
    The Duke of Dunwich and surrounding fiefdom

For any who are interested by my FF on occurrences in Rhun and beyond; I have begun a new project (not because the old one is finished, just opening more room for ideas) about one of the minor characters, Rankal. It is in the Third Age AAR index and here is the link http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=376994

ahh, thats a bit mean of them, why won't they share the fruits of their labours?
    Any creator has the right to deside the future of his work!
    So BC has the right to have the last word for their work as all the rest of the creators!

Senator

I agree with Anthonius, and their excellent skins are what makes their mod really unique, so they probably don't want to be handing them out to everyone...

The east was the biggest problem to Europe at that time, not representing them makes this mod Christian centric.
    Reap the promising song of the sparrow, that they learned from the birth of sea.
    Silenced by the threnody of the crows. Reap the fallen fruit of the dogwood tree.
    But I witnessed in all this silence one soul's definition of beauty. and a backlit smile so temporary.
    A facade so rich with evil history. Cast in direct opposition set to overwhelm this moment to shine and sleep.

we are representing them

I mean in a way that they become a threat, playing as the eastern roman empire without fighting strong muslim armies makes no sense, going into a crusade to find yourself destroying the turks and the egyptians with just one army, europeans fought each other for small lands but when the crusades started new opportunities represented themselves in the rich middle east.
    I hope that the mod focuses more about the crusade aspect of the game

Basileos's Avatar Decanus

if you read this forum and the threads better you'll see that we aren't underepressenting them

"I created disco"
    "**** Me I'm Famous"
    Al-Andalus/moorish researcher for DotS.
    Come and visite the DotS threads! : http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...prune=-1&f=492

Quote Originally Posted by Hross View Post
    I completely disagree. I will repeat Resurrection's comment.
    That's why DotS is supermod and strive to be the best mod out there in every aspect of the game. But it is still a game and it has its limits, which we cannot cross.

The focus that we are giving the three Muslim factions in no way makes them less than 10% of the faction list, on the contrary.

We have worked on theoretical ideas during our lengthy planning and discussions within our huge team, as well as memebrs of several other mods, including very motivated Eastern researchers. What we arrived at was just this situation of three Muslim superpowers.

When I say 'superpower' I am talking in the theoretical ideas we use, the HRE and the Byzantines are two other superpowers. One for each religion, Catholic (20 factions) and Orthodox (7 factions), whereas all the Muslim factions (3 factions) will be super factions. I hope you can see how that makes them formidable.

If you are going to discuss the map then that is a completely different argument than talking about how many factions are 'Eastern'. As I and other DOTS members have already explained, size (or numbers) isn't everything because strength or quality can be measured in different ways. That is our plan with the Mulsim factions, to give them greater power than other factions to represent them realistically. The reason why we have not pushed the map range eastwards is to maintain the quality and depth of gameplay and realism in the map we have. Removing the Middle East from the map is ridiculous as it unbalances Europe, and yes we are focussing on Europe because in case you haven't noticed- MTW and M2TW are all based on Europe and the Middle East is partially included, the parts that were intensely connected to Europe, those parts (map and factions) we have also kept BUT intensified from the original game.

With the map and factions DOTS has, we will be delivering a REALISTIC(ally inspired), EXCITING and INTENSE game. Total War is the concept we have dedicated ourselves to.

You will just have to trust us and wait to see what we develop, without more info I think that it is impossible to prejudge our work.
    Whether they're superpowers or not makes no difference, they already are super powers in vanilla anyway. And making them even stronger will make small factions such as Georgia and Armenia even less significant.

My main point was there's nothing to do in the Middle-East because it's deserted. The Turks and Egypt are plain boring to play.

The focus of Med2 is also on Western Europe, simply because knights sell. Eastern Europe and more specifically Russia is just as neglected. To me it seems like CA only included any of the Eastern factions for the sake of (broken) crusades. The presence of even one more Muslim faction would make things a lot funner, and I had hoped this mod would be the one that finally has a fair division of factions as this is called a supermod, but unfortunately it isn't.

PS: Overdue.

When I say superpowers I am not talking about the same thing as you, I think. Since you say that there are superpowers in vanilla.
    Our superpowers will not be anything like the stuff in vanilla, the whole team is in agreement there.
    I am almost 100% sure that we have decided 1 catholic supoerpower= HRE.
    1 Orthodox superpower =the Byz.
    That is in comparison to 3 Muslim superpowers -which means that all the muslim factions will be much stronger than nearly every other faction. The Turks and the Byz will have a monster fight but Armenia and Georgia are also thrown into the struggle, by saying they will be insignificant loses sight of the whole point of the game which is variation. The three muslim factions will ensure that the game will keep its variety even after a few hundred turns. The problem a mod such as SS has is that the fragmented Muslim factions are always outmanned by the Christians anyway and one single Muslim faction remains half way through the game covering most of the original muslim lands. It's exactly this that we are trying to avoid by making the Muslims the constant and never-dying threats at one and half edges of our map.

By superpowers I mean that their infrastucture will be a lot stronger. The tech tree and some tricks of campaign scripting will mean that a superpower will literally be superbly powerful. Whereas other small factions will have the 'strength' or being re-emergent they are mostly in the grand order of things to keep a kind of historical leash on the growth of certain factions across the map.
    The superpowers will be real bullies and as they wash away smaller factions they will be balanced out by their re-emergence. This is our philosophy in making the awkward AI work for us and shape an experience more reminiscent of history than any other mod even as the game develops and a 'new history' is written as the player continues his game.

It's an interesting point that you make saying that 'by having less factions in a certain area of the map will make it boring' -because we have looked at the game in nearly all the aspects we can and we are trying very hard to avoid that. The reason why it was easier to make the Muslim factions fewer was just because they were very strong and admittedly at the edge of the map which makes them perfect anchors for conflict. The Turks and Egypt will have a lot of issues with Orthodox and Catholic factions which is why we wanted them strong. But the pagan and nomadic waves from the eastern map border will make life very interesting for the Muslim player too. We are hoping to include realistic population sizes, so that when for instance the Mongols invade- (they are not a faction either) the entire map from the east to the centre will be effected.
    Last edited by Hengest; August 02, 2008 at 07:07 AM.

Douchebag's Avatar Vicarius

How many times does Hross have to say that, this mod aint christian centric? so for sakes, close this ing thread already.

Campidoctor

No do not close it, I think the DoTS team is willing to talk to those willing to ask ?s about their mod.

Copperknickers II's Avatar quaeri, si sapis
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Slash5 View Post
    My main point was there's nothing to do in the Middle-East because it's deserted. The Turks and Egypt are plain boring to play.
    Why are you complaining about something you have no interest in?

But you can be sure that that will no longer be the case, i am seeing to that personally.
    A new mobile phone tower went up in a town in the USA, and the local newspaper asked a number of people what they thought of it. Some said they noticed their cellphone reception was better. Some said they noticed the tower was affecting their health.

A local administrator was asked to comment. He nodded sagely, and said simply: "Wow. And think about how much more pronounced these effects will be once the tower is actually operational."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast