Thread: Levy and siege question

Default Levy and siege question

This is the first mod I've played that uses levy, so I have a few questions regarding them

1. How are levy replendished?
    For example: if a city is besieged and I take out all the levy to fight somewhere else. Assuming none of the units die, will that city ever be able to raise levy when besieged again?
    And assuming the units do die: can the city raise levy automatically when besieged again, or is there a time reset?

2. Do castles gain more levy then cities? Does city/castle population size matter?

3. I noticed I'm losing money when besieging cities. How does this work? How much does it cost exactly to besiege?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Default Re: Levy and siege question

Quote Originally Posted by Danielson View Post
    1. How are levy replendished?
    For example: if a city is besieged and I take out all the levy to fight somewhere else. Assuming none of the units die, will that city ever be able to raise levy when besieged again?
    And assuming the units do die: can the city raise levy automatically when besieged again, or is there a time reset?
    Levies will be spawned every time a settlement is besieged. The script has changed in the next release, it will only generate levies for the AI, and generates different garrisons for larger settlements. The human player can now build levies thru the AOR buildings.

2. Do castles gain more levy then cities? Does city/castle population size matter?
    In 2.5 no, see above for next release.

3. I noticed I'm losing money when besieging cities. How does this work? How much does it cost exactly to besiege?
    Field costs are 1000 per character outside a settlenment, 500 for characters in a settlement.

Chivalry II TW : The Sicilian Vespers - The Multi-Era Mod Project (MIITW/Kingdoms)
    Chivalry I TW - The Original Medieval Total Conversion Mod (BI 1.6 Or RTW 1.5)
    Under the Patronage of Atterdag

Thanks, this helps. Are field costs only $1,000 per character? It seemed so much more... Ah well, now I can calculate those costs in, rather then go in the red everytime I wage war.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

...the current field cost script counts also captains.
    ... plus, this script is also changed with the next release to a more moderate property (captains cost not the extra money).

See as well the FAQ!
    Last edited by DaVinci; June 26, 2008 at 05:31 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.