Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BC 1.05 MINIMOD - Remove AoR in Brocen Crescent 1.05.

miau's Avatar Civis

Default BC 1.05 MINIMOD - Remove AoR in Brocen Crescent 1.05.

Thanks to BC Team for permission.

This minimod removes AoR in BC 1.05. Now you can recruit your own units in every captured settlement.

Before Install make backup of your export_descr_buildings.txt located in .\Medieval II Total War\broken_crescent\data\

INSTALL:

Download attached file.

Copy export_descr_buildings.txt in ..\Medieval II Total War\broken_crescent\data\ - overwrite existing export_descr_buildings.txt.

This minimod is a 100% save compatible.

Before Minimod:

After:
    Last edited by miau; June 21, 2008 at 07:13 AM.

teh.frickin.pope's Avatar Senator

Default Re: BC 1.05 MOD - Remove AoR in Brocen Crescent 1.05.

Have you asked the team's permission to make a minimod?

Broken Crescent, Its Frickin Awesome! Sig by Atterdag +rep
    Stop Uwe Boll!

miau's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by teh.frickin.pope View Post
    Have you asked the team's permission to make a minimod?
    No. I made it for my self and then decide to share it :-)
    But, I will ask the BC team for permission.
    Last edited by miau; June 20, 2008 at 05:34 PM.

but Real some far

Col Poutting's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: BC 1.05 MINIMOD - Remove AoR in Brocen Crescent 1.05.

I made that myself to, but as absolutly no cooperation was schown from mods nor any commentarys nor help or anything ( exept from Heinz Guderian ), I suppose they wont give you any permission. They didn't even take position to my comments or my help request or questions asking them wether I was alloud to share this info.....

At the moment we won't take any action towards this, though this does not mean an open pass to mini mods - The policy of Broken Crescent has been that publicly released edits of the Mod have to go through us. This is not selfish given we (Including the retired AD) were the ones who worked on this mod from beginning to release and have a very specific vision in mind for it.

Changes that are held in mind can be aired to us and we'll listen - Forgive my lack of remembering a name, it's been a stressful few months, but the individual(s) (I believe anaztazioch was one of them) who did their own projectile edits helped start Strelac on the road to producing the Projectile settings of 1.5. A lack of public interaction on our part is not that we are not listening, it is simply that all of us have had a lot going on in our lives and cannot spare the time to be here as much.
    Last edited by Ahiga; June 21, 2008 at 03:06 AM.

pajomife's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I hope you don't,I just play all factions and need new features.Let the people participate.
    Put my realistic charge again in the forum.
    The last part its a joke.

miau's Avatar Civis

OK! I will not attach minimod. But, everyone who wants to play this minimod just PM. :-)

In this case you can keep it attached. It's just that we won't be allowing any unauthorized mini mods following this point.

1.5 has taken awhile, so I can understand the pains with having no system in place that allows foreign recruitment, which is a reason why we'll accept this right now - It'll help placehold for people until 1.5's release features a mechanic for foreign recruitment.

It's simply that following this instance, any requests to create a mini mod for Broken Crescent have to go through the team's permission. This case is exempt for now because it's filling a gap that 1.5 will fix. AOR recruitment is important to our vision of BC, so we won't be allowing no-AOR in 1.5 or future releases. But for now it's filling the gap, and this and only this will be tolerated for now.
    Last edited by Ahiga; June 21, 2008 at 04:15 AM.

miau's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Ahiga View Post
    In this case you can keep it attached. It's just that we won't be allowing any unauthorized mini mods following this point.

1.5 has taken awhile, so I can understand the pains with having no system in place that allows foreign recruitment, which is a reason why we'll accept this right now - It'll help placehold for people until 1.5's release features a mechanic for foreign recruitment.

It's simply that following this instance, any requests to create a mini mod for Broken Crescent have to go through the team's permission. This case is exempt for now because it's filling a gap that 1.5 will fix. AOR recruitment is important to our vision of BC, so we won't be allowing no-AOR in 1.5 or future releases. But for now it's filling the gap, and this and only this will be tolerated for now.
    Thank you.

Tadzreuli's Avatar Chevalier Blanche

... but with AOR , gameplay is more interesting !

Quote Originally Posted by Tadzreuli View Post
    ... but with AOR , gameplay is more interesting !
    I agree.With AOR more realistic.
    But when next release...Im waiting so long...
    Last edited by zmv; June 21, 2008 at 11:49 AM.

I would first like to say that this is a fantastic mod. I love the Byzantines and this is the best of any mods I know of that deals with them.

That being said, isn't it a bit unorthodox for people who create and distribute what is essentially a modification of a released piece of commercial software to take an anti-modification stance? Isn't there some hypocrisy there?

I am ecstatic to hear that 1.5 will deal with the non-AOR system that frankly I felt - while it may have been realistic - took a bit of the fun out of an otherwise excellent mod.

Thanks to the Broken Crescent team for putting out such an amazing mod, and thanks Miau for your edit that will allow me to get more enjoyment out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by MAurelius11 View Post
    That being said, isn't it a bit unorthodox for people who create and distribute what is essentially a modification of a released piece of commercial software to take an anti-modification stance? Isn't there some hypocrisy there?
    BC isn't just a mod, its a total conversion mod. Its shifted the focus of the campaign to Asia and its added tons of new units, better modelled the battles, added their own music and soundtrack, pushed in wonders...the list goes on.

Infact, I would call BC a game in its own right, and a much better one than the vanilla. The effort that this team has put in can be seen and felt and I think that if they want to maintain some sort of copyright over it, its not unreasonable.

There are tons of people who post their own work on the net under a creative commons license which is generally free to use but permission is either required to change it or not given at all. You can think of this as one of those works.

I wonder if the BC team is interested in licensing their work from creative commons...if they can that is, without violating CA's copyrights.
    Here's the link:
    http://creativecommons.org/license/

I see, well I do not want to in any way denigrate all of the fine work that the Broken Crescent team has put into this mod, and I'll be the first to admit I am not a lawyer or an expert on creative commons. I'm still pleased however that Miau made this edit available, but I'm certainly looking forward to the exciting sounding AOR system for 1.5.

miau's Avatar Civis

@Thema'zandaar, when I make this minimod I don't know that BC team is against minimods for Broken Crescent. SS have Sub mod sections and there people can make their own minimods and make game more realistic or unrealistic, more coloruful, make game a little bit different. This minimod do not change the fact that i'm playng Broken Crescent. For me the Broken Crescent is the best mod. I don't like only the AoR system, for that reason i make this minimod and decide to share it with other people.

Aurion's Avatar Civis

A quick question:

Why the heck would you want to turn off the AoR?

It seems to defeat part of the purpose of playing a mod like BC. Yknow, some degree of realism?

I'll spare you the "English Longbowmen in Egypt" spiel.
    Victory is gained not by the number killed but by the number frightened.

miau's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Aurion View Post
    A quick question:

Why the heck would you want to turn off the AoR?

It seems to defeat part of the purpose of playing a mod like BC. Yknow, some degree of realism?

I'll spare you the "English Longbowmen in Egypt" spiel.
    I made it because the AoR system is not fully realistic. The only unit which can be recruited on the whole map, from all factions, is Turkopole Archer. Is this close to reality? I think it is not. That's why I removed AoR system.
    For example, when Alexander The Great conquered Persia, his army suffered casualties. Where did he recruit soldiers for his army? Do you think that there always were new reinforcements from Macedonia to replace his army's casualties.

And finally, this minimod is for those who want to play BC without limitation of AoR. :-)
    Last edited by miau; June 22, 2008 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by miau View Post
    For example, when Alexander The Great conquered Persia, his army suffered casualties. Where did he recruit soldiers for his army? Do you think that there always were new reinforcements from Macedonia to replace his army's casualties.
    When Alexander conquered Persia he receive reinforcement from Macedonia its historical and take local persian troops mainly cavalry

I dont think the AOR is that restrictive or non realistic. My only bugbear with it is that i cant recruit local levies in my castles but im guessing thats because it would hard to code.

As much as i may like it setting up a elephant shop on the steppes is daft and makes me have to think more about how to conqour places. And anyway mercs are readily avaible not that expensive and can be better than my regulars.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast