Thread: Screen Shots

Default Screen Shots

Two questions......

1. When I play a custom battle, save replay, watch replay, and hit "print screen" button, where does the screen shot go?!

2. What is this "Fraps" program ppl. are talking about, and where do you get it?:hmmm:

Companion Cavalry's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: Screen Shots

1. It's basically taking your screen and copying it, so go into
    a painting program and select "edit" and then "paste".

2. http://www.afterdawn.com/software/vi...ools/fraps.cfm

With this, the screenshot you take is automatically saved (you choose where) without you having to go into a paint program and pasting. (you also choose the button you use for taking the screenshot)
    Last edited by Companion Cavalry; June 25, 2008 at 12:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Devil's Sergeant View Post
    Europeans have for centuries been the world's most accomplished racists
    Quote Originally Posted by Яome kb8 View Post
    Says the American?

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by EruIlluvatar12 View Post
    Two questions......

1. When I play a custom battle, save replay, watch replay, and hit "print screen" button, where does the screen shot go?!

2. What is this "Fraps" program ppl. are talking about, and where do you get it?:hmmm:
    1) There should be a TGAs folder in your install. They go there - I believe. Make sure you don't have Anti-Alaising (AA) selected as this just results in black sreen shots.

2) It's a free download that lets you take screen shots with a PF key and allows recording of movies up to 30 seconds using another PF key. Download is in the previous post. If you buy the product (it's a one-off license fee) you can record as much as your had drive can take). I recently removed 130Gb of movies from another game.

If it's a screen shot that I want to get I will do a copy and paste into Paint Shop Pro (or similar). There are times that FRAPS may not take the shot you want and you can only see what's in shot when you look at the screen capture. It's amazing how many times the mouse gets in the way of that really great shot! (It's a bit like taking pictures with a non-digital camera - you only know what you shot when the film is developed).

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Heheh, I'm not a very tech savvy guy..... what's a TGA folder? Thanks for responses!

Squid's Avatar Opifex
    Patrician Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

a folder named tgas
    Under the patronage of Roman_Man#3, Patron of Ishan
    Click for my tools and tutorials
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by EruIlluvatar12 View Post
    Heheh, I'm not a very tech savvy guy..... what's a TGA folder? Thanks for responses!
    It's a folder that's created that just happens to hold the screen shots which just happen to be files with the extension '.tga'.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here