Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Angmar and Arnor!

The Big Red 1's Avatar Primicerius

Default Angmar and Arnor!

We really haven't discussed these too much. The way i see it Eriador will rebuild The Ancient Cities of Arnor,(I hope) but the real question is...

should mordor have control of Carn-Dum in Angmar? Thus providing a challenge to Growing powers like Eriador?

Also maybe with the control of Carn-Dum Mordor should be able to produce Snow Trolls and Hill trolls,(only from that region)

Then the second question is if Eriador can reform Arnor what should the units be like?

I was thinking knights dressed in more second age like armor, that are more powerful then Gondor infantry to make up for their Militia early on.
    (of course for a higher price and lower unit pools)

So what do the fans think?

(this is not a faction list thread do not post long lists)
    HONEY I AM HOME

Darth Ravenous's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: Angmar and Arnor!

I like this idea.

I would absolutely LOVE a separate angmar faction, but that won't happen
    HONEY I AM HOME

The Count(er)'s Avatar Protector Domesticus

oh well still a good idea though
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaigidel View Post
    everyone but me is wrong.
    Ego's are fun

Darth Ravenous's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Yes indeed.

That sounds like a good idea, and I do think that all factions need at least something opposing them so they don't just grow to world superpowers easily.

Quote Originally Posted by bepo View Post
    That sounds like a good idea, and I do think that all factions need at least something opposing them so they don't just grow to world superpowers easily.
    Of couse it is possible that Elves, attack Eriador. But not if they have those ruins
    HONEY I AM HOME

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Red 1 View Post
    I would absolutely LOVE a separate angmar faction, but that won't happen
    wheres angmar (the witch king of Angmar.......must be an evil faction)
    Son of _Pontifex_Father to Mithrandir
    - Citizen, Artifex, Civitate - Librarian

Third Age: Total War - Most Promising Mod of 2008
    2D Graphical Artist & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Code_Knight View Post
    wheres angmar (the witch king of Angmar.......must be an evil faction)
    During the beginning of the Third Age while Sauron was banished after his ring was cut off the witch King went to the land of Angmar to destroy Arnor. (who at the time I believe was stronger than Gondor IMO)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

There he found Carn Dum. (the black square) and managed to enslave the orcs near by mount Gunabad (orcs of Misty Mountains) He then enslaved a bunch of trolls and Black Numenorians (corrupted men) for his assault on Arnor.

At that time Arnor was split into three regions, tribal Rhunduar, Cardolan, and Arthedain (which was the real kingdom). The Witch-King with his lies ensnared tribal Rhundaur fast and made them his allies. He soon mounted an assault on Cardolan. After a few battles he attacked Amon Sul(A.K.A. Weathertop) The forces of Angmar took Amon Sul but the Plantir was takin away by Cardolan and lost at sea.

Next The Witch-King attacked Fornost (capital of Arnor) and won. But just in time a coalition of elves, men,and Hobbit Archers! Drove back the witch-King to Carn-Dum. Glorfindel and the King of Arnor followed the witch-King.

The Witch-King taunted the King of Arnor and he almost followed the Witch-King as he ran. Glorfindel stopped him and said.

"He will fall not by man"

the people of Arnor died out b4 the war of the ring due to plague and loss of their cities.

Later: It was found out that the Witch-King was the leader of the Nazgul(the Arnorians thought him to be an evil man.) Thus he earned the name Witch-King of Angmar, and Sauron's right hand man.
    HONEY I AM HOME

I think Carn Dum should be controlled by the Orcs of the Misty Mountains or by Bandits. Angmar has been beaten by the Elves and gondor and should because of that not be controlled by Mordor.
    L'union fait la force. Eendracht maakt macht.
    Their name liveth for evermore

Iustinianos's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Blacknight_1990 View Post
    I think Carn Dum should be controlled by the Orcs of the Misty Mountains or by Bandits. Angmar has been beaten by the Elves and gondor and should because of that not be controlled by Mordor.
    Agreed! :thumbsup4
    It looks bad in the newspapers and upsets civilians at their breakfast...

Varjon's Avatar Praepositus

But how would Eriador recover old cities of Arnor? I suggest that they should make some building called "Return of Dúnedain" or something like that. It would increase population growth and happiness greatly but it also would cost much and take several turns to be made.

Reforming of Angmar XD an rebel event where witch king rebels against sauron !!!!!!!!1 ? XD woot !!! maybe after saruon got back the ring and he thought he didn't needed the nauzguls anymore since their main role is to take back the ring XD (or worst the witch king got the ring and rebelled) XD
    Last edited by whitewolfmxc; June 25, 2008 at 03:42 AM.

I already posted my idea on the rebuilding of the ruined cities of Arnor in two threads. The Eriador fection thread and the suggestions thread.
    here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=170717
    and here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...=163934&page=2
    L'union fait la force. Eendracht maakt macht.
    Their name liveth for evermore

The Sixth Wizard's Avatar Semisalis

Carn Dum should be under Goblin control as well as quite a few small Eriador territories, or the Elves and Eriador could just tank a whole third of the map!

Really to emulate Eriador seriously, there should be large rebel stacks and low public order in these stacks' cities. The main problem there was lack of manpower, centralised government and constant threat by enemies.
    Third Age: Total War! (!!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Varjon View Post
    But how would Eriador recover old cities of Arnor? I suggest that they should make some building called "Return of Dúnedain" or something like that. It would increase population growth and happiness greatly but it also would cost much and take several turns to be made.
    Yes, this is the best idea concerning the revival of Arnor. If possible the Arnor cities like Fornost should start as ruins, then when you capture them you can build the "Return of Dúnedain" and then after X turns when it is done the ruins turn into a city. This idea has been discussed before and I think this is the best one.

Old Arnor cities:

Annúminas

Annúminas was the capital and the seat of the High King of Arnor was in that city. Most likely, it was a magnificent and beautiful city resembling Osgiliath of Gondor. The name Annúminas itself means ’West Tower’. In time, the city was deserted and with the fall of Arnor (division), it was deserted.

Fornost Erain

The later seat of the kings of Arthedain, Fornost, was constructed most likely as a fort (the name itself means the Northern-fortress of the Kings). It is likely that Fornost was taken as the seat of the throne some time in the 9th century of the Third Age. During the second millenia, Fornost witnessed many attacks upon itself and was taken in 1974. It is unlikely that Fornost ever became largely populated after that, even though the city was retaken. By the beginning of the Fourth Age, Fornost was long in ruins and it was surrounded by mysteries and legends (for the common people).

Tharbad

Tharbad (meaning ’the Crossing Road’) was situated at the Fords of Gwathló. It had a strong fort and was situated upon one of the main communication ways between Arnor and Gondor. It was also the main harbor of Arnor and was rebuilt several times to accomodate the needs. Tharbad decayed along with Arnor and it was of no importance after the fall of the successor states of Arnor.

Source: http://www.allempires.com/article/in...p?q=lotr_arnor

All these cities were as great as Pelargir, Dol Amroth and other big cities of Gondor. These cities were never really destroyed by Angmar (expect Fornost was partly ruined in Battle of Fornost), they only got deserted because of too low population. So at least to these cities should be possible (and maybe to Amon Sûl ) create building or guild which would increase population growth and happiness in settlements.
    Last edited by Varjon; June 25, 2008 at 05:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Varjon View Post
    (and maybe to Amon Sûl )
    Let's not start that discussion again

Anyway, Bree should also be one of those cities of Arnor.

Hmm, yes . It would look stupid if all other big cities would advance greatly and Bree would saty as hill-billie town .
    Last edited by Varjon; June 25, 2008 at 06:36 AM.

Nikos's Avatar VENGEANCE BURNS

If Gondor reconquers Arnor will a "Reunited Kingdom" be declared?
    Learn about Byzantium! http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Toward-Warfare
    Civitate
    ,Ex Content Writer,Ex Curator, Ex Moderator

Proud patron of Jean=A=Luc
    In Patronicum sub Celsius

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast