Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Blood, Broads, & Bastards! v3.0

Default Re: Blood, Broads, & Bastards! v3.0

Hi guys,

Short time reader, first time poster.

Wanted to give a mod a go and liked the look of this but as I'm completely new to the whole thing can someone clarify a few things for me?

(Feel free to start each answer with "Listen well noob")

1. Downloaded the mod and can extract it and I've read the readme and as far as I'm aware everything is in the right place. I load up the game and it's exactly the same vanillaness as far as I'm aware. Is there a setting I need to change or something similar?

2. Do mods work with other ones? I.E. Crimson Tide looks kinda cool - blood and dirt clearly makes me giggle. Will they work? (Also I can't seem to get this to work, dead soldiers = clean soldiers, but that's a case for another topic I presume)

Many thanks for any helpful answers!!

Much love...

Quote Originally Posted by LestaT View Post
    Re updated the mod with added province etc and started as Venice this time. Found out that Venice (and Milan) didn't have the equivalent crown ancillary like other kingdom. Not sure if it's intended that way but I found out that my leader always get Offending the Nobles (or something like that) trait and end up with most of the other characters being rebel.

What's the suggestion when playing Venice or Milan to encounter the rebellion problem ?

p/s: anyway I've added the 'crown' equivalent for both factions, though I name then Protector of Venice (and Milan).. Sounds like cheating..
    This is fixed in the next release. I am sorry for the oversight... and no that's not cheating that's basically how I did it.

And Paynes, I'm not sure why the mod wouldn't work. I suggest downloading the retrofit mod, installing that. Seeing if it works, then installing BBB over the top of that.

Ebullient Princesses! Titles! Bloodlines! Bastard Traitors!
    So much fun in one little BBB package! Get yours today!

o'dwyer's Avatar Laetus
    El Pueblo de Nuestra Seora la Reina de los ngeles del Ro de Porcincula

Is there a version of this mod that is compatible with the Britannia scenario?

Quote Originally Posted by dearmad View Post
    This is fixed in the next release. I am sorry for the oversight... and no that's not cheating that's basically how I did it.
    How do you do that ?
    Last edited by Highi; September 11, 2008 at 02:25 PM.
    80% of the people on forums have things in their signature they ask you to copy. If you're sick and tired of this, copy this in your sig
    Fun things to do in Total war:
    1. Trample peasants to death with elephants (optionally with culverins)
    2. Burn peasants with greek fire
    3. Bombard peasants with mangonels
    4. Burn peasants with fire-arrows

Yes, I like my peasants...
    Fried!!!

wow i have been playing the total war series since shogun and ive fell in love with the medieval2 series but ive always thought it needed just a little more personel feel to it an ur mod sounds like its the fix i need to keep playing... i just got back from iraq in march an kinda got burned out so i downloaded this mod but for some reason after i read the readme file an did what it said i have the same vanilla version... i admit this is my first mod and ima noob at this but if you could just give me some advice or help it would be greatly appreciated! I cant wait to play this it sounds incredible! thanks and keep up the good work!

Downloading now

when is the next version comming out?
    80% of the people on forums have things in their signature they ask you to copy. If you're sick and tired of this, copy this in your sig
    Fun things to do in Total war:
    1. Trample peasants to death with elephants (optionally with culverins)
    2. Burn peasants with greek fire
    3. Bombard peasants with mangonels
    4. Burn peasants with fire-arrows

Yes, I like my peasants...
    Fried!!!

Hr. Alf han hugg til han var mod, Han sto i femten Ridderes Blod; S tog han alle de Kogger ni Og sejlede dermed til Norge fri. Og der kom tidende til Rostock ind, Der blegned saa mangen Rosenkind. Der grd Enker og der grd Brn, Dem hadde gjort fattig den skadelige rn.
    Anders Srensen Vedel

Laetus

Can this be installed in MTW 2 Vanilla, and do I need to patch it to 1.2 or 1.3? I am using no mod at the moment, and I am really interested in using yours.

And is this save game compatible? Thanks in advance.

Hey man, I am loving the mod so far, but I have a few little issues.

First, somehow my Danish family member General became Tsar of Russia. In his titles, it states he's the grand duke I believe. I know he has been in Russia before, but the best he had was maybe Smolensk, so I wanna say it's just a minor error.

Second, I crash to desktop pretty often now. The only mods I have are yours and a naming package for the various factions. Also, names for family members seem to disappear at times. I'm running 1.3 MTW I believe, if that helps. Also, for some reason I cannot seem to start a new campaign.

I may have installed it wrong, but any help or instructions would be appreciated.

Dearmad:

Would this mod work with Med 2 Gold Edition? I would love to give it a shot!!!!

Indy.

I've been trying like the dickens to get this thing installed but I just cannot figure it out. I had SS 6.1 but it takes too long for the computer to go and all I really want are the titles. Anywho, I've downloaded from this thread and all that's being downloaded is a file that when I open it it says:

Rar! �ϐs��
    �������?tK�
    I��[�i8 5&� ���M2TW\data\export_descr_ancillaries.txt�"5w;4"5WO?kEvͣMS^5}҈ORS6k+Y(iRY2OmNW.t]
    IdX-+:󁍝<|ݘjycF,gZFVbe5H

Now, I'm assuming I'm doing something wrong...

Lord Condormanius's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Randmcnally View Post

Now, I'm assuming I'm doing something wrong...
    What you are doing wrong is installing this into a mod. It should be installed into vanilla or retrofit. It will not work in a mod that changes factions or map regions.
    Last edited by Lord Condormanius; October 15, 2008 at 06:53 PM.
    "There is a difference between what is wrong and what is evil. Evil is committed when clarity is taken away from what is clearly wrong, allowing wrong to be seen as less wrong, excusable, right, or an obligatory commandment of the Lord God Almighty.

Evil is bad sold as good, wrong sold as right, injustice sold as justice. Like the coat of a virus, a thin veil of right can disguise enormous wrong and confer an ability to infect others."
    -John G. Hartung

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Condormanius View Post
    What you are doing wrong is installing this into a mod. It should be installed into vanilla or retrofit. It will not work in a mod that changes factions or map regions.

Makes complete sense. I've downloaded retrofit, so how do I install the mod into that? Keep in mind I'm pants-on-head retarded when it comes to program etc.

Makes complete sense. I've downloaded retrofit, so how do I install the mod into that? Keep in mind I'm pants-on-head retarded when it comes to program etc.
    It's been a while for me. Is there a readme? Unless I am mistaken you just need to drop the enclosed data folder into the retrofit folder. Then you need to copy and paste the addendum to the campaign script.txt into the appropriate place in the campaign_script.txt in the data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign folder in retrofit (there are instructions on this bit included with BBB).

I hope that helps.
    "There is a difference between what is wrong and what is evil. Evil is committed when clarity is taken away from what is clearly wrong, allowing wrong to be seen as less wrong, excusable, right, or an obligatory commandment of the Lord God Almighty.

Evil is bad sold as good, wrong sold as right, injustice sold as justice. Like the coat of a virus, a thin veil of right can disguise enormous wrong and confer an ability to infect others."
    -John G. Hartung

It's been a while for me. Is there a readme? Unless I am mistaken you just need to drop the enclosed data folder into the retrofit folder. Then you need to copy and paste the addendum to the campaign script.txt into the appropriate place in the campaign_script.txt in the data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign folder in retrofit (there are instructions on this bit included with BBB).

I hope that helps.

Where in the BBB is that found? Because when I click the 'download' button all that's being downloaded is that single file where when I open it is nothing but that gibberish. So where do I get the addendum to the campaign script.txt and the instructions?

Thank you for all of the help and sorry I'm so dense.

Where in the BBB is that found? Because when I click the 'download' button all that's being downloaded is that single file where when I open it is nothing but that gibberish. So where do I get the addendum to the campaign script.txt and the instructions?

Thank you for all of the help and sorry I'm so dense.
    The file that you download is zipped. You have to extract the files. I'm not sure which utility you have installed on your computer, but when you download the file, right click on it and look for an option that says something like "extract files".

-John G. Hartung

The file that you download is zipped. You have to extract the files. I'm not sure which utility you have installed on your computer, but when you download the file, right click on it and look for an option that says something like "extract files".

That's my problem then: the file I am downloading from the beginning of this thread isn't a zipped file. Now I just need to find the correct file to download.

Figured it out! I did download a zip but I needed to get a winrar to extract it. I did everything the directions said, now I can't get the game to run. It'll start but once I select a faction it'll just take me back to the "single player" screen and it just goes in circles after that.

Figured it out! I did download a zip but I needed to get a winrar to extract it. I did everything the directions said, now I can't get the game to run. It'll start but once I select a faction it'll just take me back to the "single player" screen and it just goes in circles after that.
    Check the systemlog.txt file...it's probably in the main M2TW folder.

-John G. Hartung

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast