Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Blood, Broads, & Bastards! v3.0

Icon1 Blood, Broads, & Bastards! v3.0

Here's version 3.0:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...do=file&id=955

IMPORTANT:
    You may use BBB and all parts of it freely without asking permission, EXCEPT GRAPHICS marked "Tokus_xx" for those you must ask permission from Tokus. If you do not ask, you may not use them.

This thread is for discussion of v3.0 plus any updates that fall under that number, like v3.0a, should bug fixes be needed.

This mod:
    Is aimed at people who want more of an RPG experience in the game without it affecting the strategic/tactical gameplay in too overhanded a manner.

• titles for every province along with graphics. Most titles grant a little tax boost, some grant other negative effects... like the will to go it solo (lower loyalty), a few have other traits.

• major system of tracking royal blood and lineages. This series of traits by Pnutmaster will astound you and warm your RPGamer heart.

• a disease system that affects gameplay without becoming tedious and depressing.

• Privy Council Offices like King's Treasurer, the Privy Seal, Chancellor, Marshall, Master of the Horse, etc... for both player AND AI.

• Grandmasters for every Knightly Order- one international grandmaster per order, elected by his peers (sorta).

• Rebellions, where your unruly nobles can turn on you, refuse to move if they get too disloyal, and lock themselves up in a city and cause it to rebel completely unless you send a loyal noble to counteract him. The rebellion is aimed at your King, so if he "abdicates" or... whatever... things should calm down- but you can always fight for the crown!

• Archbishops for each Kingdom and the Orthodox Patriarch! Yay!

• Activated all Ancillaries found in game: Black Stallion, Body Guard, Ornate Armor, Custom Armor.

• Added new Ancillaries: Black Stallion for Princesses, a White Stallion.

• Princesses get a MAJOR OVERHAUL. They are interesting dynamic characters now. Hussies, prudes,lesbians, *****es, fertile, infertile, beautiful, ugly, affected by the genes of their mothers as well as their fathers, you name it. And a lot LESS "secret lovers."

• A NEW educational system for young princes. They can receive educations in the capital (Royal Court), in Religious INstitutions, and in Castles (Martial education). They get four turns of education. However, some princes, the worst students, fail to learn anything... sorry.

• Game NOTICES when a princess comes of age ANYWHERE in the world, and when a Monarch dies too! (Finally!)

• Tries to fix EVERY SINGLE VANILLA BUG in the ancillaries and traits files...

• and more... believe it or not.
    Last edited by dearmad; June 25, 2008 at 01:16 PM.

Ebullient Princesses! Titles! Bloodlines! Bastard Traitors!
    So much fun in one little BBB package! Get yours today!

Default Re: Blood, Broads, & Bastards! v3.0

Please let me know about bugs ASAP! I'll fix them relatively quickly. I played through two campaigns with it, but that doesn't mean things don't pop up. Usually in trying to put some nice touch onto something you think has no other effect then WHAM! ok...

have fun.

this is exactly what i was looking for with a mod, will let you know how it goes. thanks alot for all the effort!

so far my scottish campaign is going perfectly. Havent had this much playing the game since I first bought it

Cool! Good to know.

Wow! Great work!
    +rep

Dearmad, let me just say thank you very much for this update, and this mod as a whole. I brought MTW2 to Iraq with me to keep me busy during my down time and it was worn out, but your mod breathed new life into it. So, I guess, in a way, thanks for helping me get through a third tour in the desert!

You're welcome. LOL.
    Last edited by dearmad; June 25, 2008 at 12:25 PM.

Indefinitely Banned

What got changed/added from the 2.0+ series?

d/ling now!!!I'm trying to merge this into SS 6.1

Ah, lets get this SS 6.1 compatible, my feeble skills failed. I tried to install into the mod folder though...

Quote Originally Posted by Banzai! View Post
    What got changed/added from the 2.0+ series?
    A few new traits, some cleaned up traits to rebalance things, a few new ancillaries. Read the readme and trigger.txt.

Quote Originally Posted by WRL View Post
    Ah, lets get this SS 6.1 compatible, my feeble skills failed. I tried to install into the mod folder though...
    I think the makers of SS will no doubt incorporate whatever BBB is out there when they do another version, no?

Is it just me, or are the building-related traits easier to get now? More like vanilla, at least, which I liked. Build X structure, the governor gets X trait.

I'm playing Byzantine for the first time ever, liking it so far.

Would v3.0 work with just m2tw without kingdoms?

or only 2.0?

Many thanks indeed for this excellent mod. It's now unthinkable to play MTW without BBB. And this new version adds even more immersion and depth. Again, thank you!

Just two things to mention:

1. I played my first campaign with v.3 as Sicily. Really impressed with the mod! But near the end of the campaign my family tree disappeared. But I think this is a MTW vanilla bug, which happens when your princess marries a foreign prince who becomes faction leader and then dies?

2. I'm playing my second campaign as Poland. But the Polish kings don't seem to have a crown (like the Sicilans did) - is this OK? I keep sending kings to the capital at Krakow, but so far no crowns.

Anyway, sorry for mentioning these points. The new version is really impressive. Thanks again.

Shouldn't Krakow in the ancillary file be Cracow? This may explain why Poland cannot get a king crowned.
    Morning Sun (adds Korea and China to the Shogun 2 map)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...28-Morning-Sun

Expanded Japan mod (97 new regions and 101 new factions)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ew-factions%29

How to split a region in TWS2
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...split-a-region

Eras Total Conquest 2.3 (12 campaigns from 970-1547)

Quote Originally Posted by Javolenus View Post
    Many thanks indeed for this excellent mod. It's now unthinkable to play MTW without BBB. And this new version adds even more immersion and depth. Again, thank you!

Just two things to mention:

1. I played my first campaign with v.3 as Sicily. Really impressed with the mod! But near the end of the campaign my family tree disappeared. But I think this is a MTW vanilla bug, which happens when your princess marries a foreign prince who becomes faction leader and then dies?

2. I'm playing my second campaign as Poland. But the Polish kings don't seem to have a crown (like the Sicilans did) - is this OK? I keep sending kings to the capital at Krakow, but so far no crowns.

Anyway, sorry for mentioning these points. The new version is really impressive. Thanks again.
    1. This is a bug nothing to do with BBB. yeah it's annoying. Has to do with a King inheriting who is originally foreign.

2. I think there's a fix for this...

Quote Originally Posted by uanime5 View Post
    Shouldn't Krakow in the ancillary file be Cracow? This may explain why Poland cannot get a king crowned.
    Yeah let me fix that. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalthius View Post
    Is it just me, or are the building-related traits easier to get now? More like vanilla, at least, which I liked. Build X structure, the governor gets X trait.

I'm playing Byzantine for the first time ever, liking it so far.
    I love the Byzies. And yes some building traits are easier to land now. I tried really hard to find a better balance between about 80% of the traits in the game. Some were OK as is, but others needed tweaking. Princess traits were tweaked a bit too, if I recall.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallenonez View Post
    Would v3.0 work with just m2tw without kingdoms?

or only 2.0?
    Should work OK. Just saying I don't play that version anymore so I make no guarantees.

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Just a comment. I really like the immovable traits for the rebel character, but most of the time when the city rebelled, the character dies during the rebellion.

Also when they are out of the cities, they are not able to move and are easy target for my assasins etc.

Can they only become immovable when in the cities (makes the city loyalty dip low) but become movable again if they are actually out of the city ?

*This is for the trait "You are not my king" thinggy..

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Hi There,

Many thanks for the responses to the Polish Crown query. Basically, I changed the settlement name 'Krakow' to 'Cracow' in the Ancillary file and now everything works fine. Many thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by LestaT View Post
    Just a comment. I really like the immovable traits for the rebel character, but most of the time when the city rebelled, the character dies during the rebellion.

Also when they are out of the cities, they are not able to move and are easy target for my assasins etc.

Can they only become immovable when in the cities (makes the city loyalty dip low) but become movable again if they are actually out of the city ?

*This is for the trait "You are not my king" thinggy..
    Good thoughts. I'll most likley introduce a few minor changes along these lines. The nuisance (as it should be)/fun (as it should be) ratio to rebellions is a tough balancing act.

Quote Originally Posted by Javolenus View Post
    Hi There,

Many thanks for the responses to the Polish Crown query. Basically, I changed the settlement name 'Krakow' to 'Cracow' in the Ancillary file and now everything works fine. Many thanks again!

Glad to hear it. I'll have this fixed in the 3.0a release which should be savegame compatible, and may have a few minor other adjustments.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast