Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Mordor vs Isengard

Darth Ravenous's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Mordor vs Isengard

Mordor all the way.

Phalanx300's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Mordor vs Isengard

Isengard all the way!!

The Uruk-Hai would win from the orcs, and then with Sarumans engineering the other evil creatures (trolls, mumakils) could be killed.

(Btw, I mostly go by the movies since I haven't read all the books yet)

The Count(er)'s Avatar Protector Domesticus

I don't know why this thread was necessary to create but I'd say Mordor wins and if your going off the movies then why would 10,000 uruk-hai beat something like 500,000 orcs, haradrim etc. of Mordor
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaigidel View Post
    everyone but me is wrong.
    Ego's are fun

Darth Ravenous's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Yeah and Saurman doesn't have Mumakil. And if you read the books you will know why I choose Mordor if Sauron got the ring back only the Valar would be strong enough to stop him none can oppose the VALAR.

yeah but think about it, if rohan was crushed than thole east of isengard would of falle under isengards power, all that lad would be his and the most direct route is between isengard and helms deep, thats two fortresses mordor has to destroy to even touch approx a third of middle earth that we know of

The Big Red 1's Avatar Primicerius

Saruman's lust for power and will to recover the ring would cause him to be an incapable leader and since Uruk-Hai are more indpendent then other orcs they would leave Saruman to join Sauron's ranks since he was clearly smarter, more powerful, and was a great leader. (also Saruman was a wack job)
    HONEY I AM HOME

The Count(er)'s Avatar Protector Domesticus

that and if Sauron could get all those orcs in Mordor imagine what he could do with even more land under his control and with Umbar he'd unleash a naval invasion in Eriador and attack Saruman from 2 sides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaigidel View Post
    everyone but me is wrong.
    Ego's are fun

i thought that the uruk hai were his creation, and also he had bombs, lots f bombs, they could take out mumakil, and before gandalf became gandalf the white saruman was the most powerful being in middle earth, except sauron ofcourse, but he was in his little tower

Quote Originally Posted by The Count(er) View Post
    that and if Sauron could get all those orcs in Mordor imagine what he could do with even more land under his control and with Umbar he'd unleash a naval invasion in Eriador and attack Saruman from 2 sides
    That attack would be Deadly.; Not to mention he'd have control of Mirkwood and Lorien were he could attack.

So Isengard is surrounded East,South,West,North.
    HONEY I AM HOME

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Red 1 View Post
    Saruman's lust for power and will to recover the ring would cause him to be an incapable leader and since Uruk-Hai are more indpendent then other orcs they would leave Saruman to join Sauron's ranks since he was clearly smarter, more powerful, and was a great leader. (also Saruman was a wack job)
    I thought that the Uruk-Hai were one of the most fanatical followers of Saruman? And Uruk-Hai being more independent is a good thing in battle, in the movies they formed ranks and formations without orders. While the orcs in the movies had to be ordered. And the Uruk-Hai showed little fear while the orcs easilly get scared.

I don't know why this thread was necessary to create but I'd say Mordor wins and if your going off the movies then why would 10,000 uruk-hai beat something like 500,000 orcs, haradrim etc. of Mordor
    Yes, I'm going by the movies, but then again Uruk-Hai production probably wouldn't stop when the Hornburg would fall now would it? And Mordor would still be occupied with Gondor.

Yeah and Saurman doesn't have Mumakil. And if you read the books you will know why I choose Mordor if Sauron got the ring back only the Valar would be strong enough to stop him none can oppose the VALAR.
    If I knew the book as well as some other then I might've disagreed with it but I think that Isengard(following movies) is very capable in killing Mumakils, 1 bolt from a ballista would slow down a mumakil, right?

Nikos's Avatar VENGEANCE BURNS

Psssh, I don't even get + rep for giving you the Idea! j/k

I think Mordor would win. You know having all the Mumakil and Easterling allies.

in the book it says that the only reason that the orcs were any good in battle was due to a spell by sauron, and when it broke in the battle outside the gates of mordor they fled, despite the fact they woud of won the battle, i rekon sarumon with his magic, and his gift of the tongue would be able to break the spell, also, his tongue means that whoever he conquers will join him, boosting his ranks, sauron doesnt have that power, and has weak minded men, who could probably fall under sarumons spell before a battle,

the ents would fall for it aswell and be a rival to the mumakills, they did believe he was good after all he did, due to his wordcraft

Quote Originally Posted by Phalanx300 View Post
    I thought that the Uruk-Hai were one of the most fanatical followers of Saruman? And Uruk-Hai being more independent is a good thing in battle, in the movies they formed ranks and formations without orders. While the orcs in the movies had to be ordered. And the Uruk-Hai showed little fear while the orcs easilly get scared.

Yes, I'm going by the movies, but then again Uruk-Hai production probably wouldn't stop when the Hornburg would fall now would it? And Mordor would still be occupied with Gondor.

If I knew the book as well as some other then I might've disagreed with it but I think that Isengard(following movies) is very capable in killing Mumakils, 1 bolt from a ballista would slow down a mumakil, right?
    Just because they were fanatical does not mean they would be Fanatical with Sauron. Also an army that does anything you tell them is better then an army that does what it wants.

No Mordor would have taken Gondor in this scenario if Isengard had taken Rohan. To make it fair.

Try to aim a Bastilae at a running Mumakil and tell me how that works out.
    HONEY I AM HOME

Quote Originally Posted by coggser View Post
    in the book it says that the only reason that the orcs were any good in battle was due to a spell by sauron, and when it broke in the battle outside the gates of mordor they fled, despite the fact they woud of won the battle, i rekon sarumon with his magic, and his gift of the tongue would be able to break the spell, also, his tongue means that whoever he conquers will join him, boosting his ranks, sauron doesnt have that power, and has weak minded men, who could probably fall under sarumons spell before a battle,

the ents would fall for it aswell and be a rival to the mumakills, they did believe he was good after all he did, due to his wordcraft
    Yes because Sauron is an immortal god that controls everybody's mind with just a spell. I think we're are getting a little to fictionus here.
    HONEY I AM HOME

Glorfindel's Avatar Centenarius

Isengard all the way!!

The Uruk-Hai would win from the orcs, and then with Sarumans engineering the other evil creatures (trolls, mumakils) could be killed.

(Btw, I mostly go by the movies since I haven't read all the books yet)
    throw away a zero from Mordor
    Glorfindel, the Lord of the House of the Golden Flower

...Glorfindel was tall and straight, his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of joy, his eyes were bright and keen, and his voice like music, on his brow sat wisdom, and in his hand was strength...

... the Elven-wise, lords of the Eldar from beyond the furthest seas. They do not fear the Ringwraiths, for those who have dwelt in the Blessed Realm live at once in both worlds, and against both the Seen and the Unseen they have great power...

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Red 1 View Post
    Just because they were fanatical does not mean they would be Fanatical with Sauron. Also an army that does anything you tell them is better then an army that does what it wants.

No Mordor would have taken Gondor in this scenario if Isengard had taken Rohan. To make it fair.

Try to aim a Bastilae at a running Mumakil and tell me how that works out.
    I think that they would be fanatical with every opponent. And the Uruk-Hai are doing exactly what they are being told to do. They even form ranks without orders(though there would probably be a officer here and there), surely this can't be a bad thing.

And I agree with Mordor taking Gondor, only Isengard would've taken Rohan earlier, if we follow the timeline.

Aiming a Ballista at a Mumakil, well that wouldn't be that hard considering their size, and that they hit the wall with stunning accuracy. And after firing the Mumakil would drop down, I'm pretty sure of that.

I think that they would be fanatical with every opponent. And the Uruk-Hai are doing exactly what they are being told to do. They even form ranks without orders(though there would probably be a officer here and there), surely this can't be a bad thing.

And I agree with Mordor taking Gondor, only Isengard would've taken Rohan earlier, if we follow the timeline.

Aiming a Ballista at a Mumakil, well that wouldn't be that hard considering their size, and that they hit the wall with stunning accuracy. And after firing the Mumakil would drop down, I'm pretty sure of that.
    Have you ever fired a Bastilae it takes longer than it does in the game.
    HONEY I AM HOME

i was just saying, im going by the book, but this is my opinion on the situation

if you include the abillities of sauron and sauromon into the war then isengard would win. sarumon has really usefull abillities and inventions.he plays an active role in his warfare, whle sarumin doesnt play active parts

if you dont include them mordor would win sheerly due to numbers and the mumakill

Mordor would win, all those orcs trolls and other beasts and ofcourse the nazgul and their beasts. How would Sauroman defeat all 9 of them.

Varjon's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by coggser View Post

Even he was able to make them believe that he was good, Saruman couldn't never make ents join to his forces, that's even harder than making elf or dwarf to join his army. Ents hated orcs and loved only nature, and maybe elves.

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast