Thread: compatible with...

Ex Tenebris Lux's Avatar Senator

Default compatible with...

i have the retrofit mod installed, with the grand unit add-on. can i install this on top or will it goof on me?

Default Re: compatible with...

Quote Originally Posted by Ex Tenebris Lux View Post
    i have the retrofit mod installed, with the grand unit add-on. can i install this on top or will it goof on me?

Install what on top of what? I don't understand your question. The Grand Unit Addon requires the Retrofit Mod. If you are asking can the Grand Unit Addon Mod be installed on top of another mod, or can another mod be installed on top of the Grand Unit Addon Mod, please read the FAQ section of the Grand Unit Addon Mod's thread (post #2 in the pinned thread).

Quote Originally Posted by Candelarius View Post
    Install what on top of what? I don't understand your question. The Grand Unit Addon requires the Retrofit Mod. If you are asking can the Grand Unit Addon Mod be installed on top of another mod, or can another mod be installed on top of the Grand Unit Addon Mod, please read the FAQ section of the Grand Unit Addon Mod's thread (post #2 in the pinned thread).
    can custom campaign be installed on a copy of m2tw that had retrofit installed to it seperately and then grand unit add-on...

in other words rerofit is needed for both so thats good but grand unit mod and custom campaign mod share some features so was wondering if any conflict i hope that makes it clearer

You can install both the Retrofit Mod + Grand Unit Addon Mod, which will be one mod installation, and also install the Custom Campaign Mod, which already contains the Retrofit Mod, and that would be a second mod installation. You can have them both installed at the same time and play them both seperately. The only thing is the Grand Unit Addon Mod cannot be installed onto the Custom Campaign Mod, only the Retrofit Mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Candelarius View Post
    You can install both the Retrofit Mod + Grand Unit Addon Mod, which will be one mod installation, and also install the Custom Campaign Mod, which already contains the Retrofit Mod, and that would be a second mod installation. You can have them both installed at the same time and play them both seperately. The only thing is the Grand Unit Addon Mod cannot be installed onto the Custom Campaign Mod, only the Retrofit Mod.

so will i have 2 different executables; the one that runs retrofit with grand unit addon, and one that runs retrofit with custom campaign?

Viking Prince's Avatar Horrible(ly cute)
    Patrician

Actually M2TW is an executable. Kingdoms is an executable. These are the only two exec codes you will have. You will only need to patch Kingdoms unless you want a pure vanilla M2TW to be patched (this gets complicated)

Retrofit is a mod using the Kingdoms exec to play M2TW. Retrofit can be additionally modded with Grand Unit Addon. So you will need two Retrofit's if you wish to do Retrofit alone. (Please correct if this is in error)

Custom Campaign2 is a mod using Kingdoms exec.

If all you ever want to do custom campaign2 or retrofit with grand addon, then you will only use two short cut buttons (one for each choice).

I think he means "desktop shortcuts" and not "executable". Technically, Viking Prince is correct. But yes, you'll have two shortcuts (or "executables" in layman terms).

well actually i really did mean 2 different excutables, lol but i was in error, i know the difference

anyway i got my answer, thanks all!