Thread: Map size?

Default Map size?

Hello. I've been checking out your mod.

Will you extend the map a bit? Will you at least cover most of Iran, as it was an important area (under turkic and arab rule for some time).

I'm thinking along the lines of what Stainless steel did.

Default Re: Map size?

The mod is focused on both Eruope and Middle East, but for obvious reasons (game limitations) the Middle East will be represented not by many factions, but through super-powers concept. Also the map is adjusted accordingly and was cut to the south on the line of Mecca, to the East in the middle of Caspian sea and to the north at the end of Baltic sea to allow dry-foot crossings from Finland to Scandinavia. Don't take me precisely though as I describe only roughly how far the map goes. :-) More will be revealed in the preview!

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

Cheers Res, yes Ardeshir- we sympathise with your point of view, but as we developed the map and factions (many moons ago) we decided that it was best to shorten the map because stretching too far east demanded more factions than we had room for. We didn't want to just has a wasteland of rebels, so the only thing we could do was to shortent the range. For this reason the three muslim factions in game will represent several dynasties and will have a large number of possible developments, also they will receive 'cheats' to represent their lands that are off the map, hopefully these will be modified by historical events, so when the Mongols invade the Turks start to lose some of the off-the-map bonuses to represent the problems in the east off-the-map. Etc.
    Hopefully this is a fair solution

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Hross View Post
    Cheers Res, yes Ardeshir- we sympathise with your point of view, but as we developed the map and factions (many moons ago) we decided that it was best to shorten the map because stretching too far east demanded more factions than we had room for. We didn't want to just has a wasteland of rebels, so the only thing we could do was to shortent the range. For this reason the three muslim factions in game will represent several dynasties and will have a large number of possible developments, also they will receive 'cheats' to represent their lands that are off the map, hopefully these will be modified by historical events, so when the Mongols invade the Turks start to lose some of the off-the-map bonuses to represent the problems in the east off-the-map. Etc.
    Hopefully this is a fair solution
    This sounds pretty good!!

Subuatai de Bodemloze's Avatar No rest for the wicked
    50 degrees, 26.2 minutes North, 119 degrees, 12.4 minutes West

Hopefully that will work out Hross.. I like that comprise.