Thread: Morrowind Add-Ons and Mods

Flavius Nevitta's Avatar Civitate

Default Morrowind Add-Ons and Mods

Hi there!

I have a question:

I have been playing Morrowind quite some time ago and now I want to install it again. I saw the Modlist here and I thought I'd try some of them. Now I have a question concerning the Add-On. Mods like Morrowind Comes Alive say you need Tribunal and Bloodmoon installed for the mod. Last time I played I started playing Morrowind and added Tribunal a bit later because I wanted to make some minor quests first and level a bit without constant attacks from assassins in the beginning. Now should I just install all 3 at once this time?
    RESTITVTOR LIBERTATIS ET ROMANAE RELIGIONIS

MINERVAE ET SOLIS INVICTI DISCIPVLVS

formerly known as L.C.Cinna

Foederatus

Default Re: Morrowind Add-Ons and Mods

I'd say you should install them all at once. If your gonna get modding anyways you can remove the early assassinations easy enough anyways.

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

You can avoid those assasinations by downloading a mod which halts them for a bit. There is a couple on Planet Elder Scrolls I believe.
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

Ok thank you. One more question about the mods: If I install more than one, do I have to do something in the Construction Set thing? Sorry but I never used a mod for Morrowind before and I heard that some overwrite or don't work like they should when combined.

There are usually compatablity ESPs to help make mods work together. If they don't have one of those than your probably going to have to choose one or the other. Also , it's not if you install more than one mod that it conflicts , it is if you install two mods that may occupy the same cell or change something in the same cell or if they just do the same thing.
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

Foederatus

You should look into a utility called "Wrye Mash". Its the numer 1 tool for organzing your mods, making them all work optimally and be compatible.

I do want to warn ya, Morrowind modding is very time-consuming, you'll have to sit down and read read read but damn is it worth it.

You could also try the Morrowind Mod Manager , it is a less advanced version of the Oblivion Mod Manager.

I really need some help now. Dunno what's wrong. I downloaded several mods (better bodies, MCA, better heads, ultimate knightshop) but I can't load any of the mods. When I start the game without any it loads just fine but when I load a mod it tells me that the correct masterfile for Morrowind was not found. What could cause this problem? or that some files in the masterfile are missing
    Last edited by Flavius Nevitta; June 24, 2008 at 11:28 AM.

Have you patched up? Do you have Bloodmoon and Tribunal installed too? Most mods need both of them nowadays.

I solved it...well kind of. Unlike other games Morrowind has some problems with mods in other languages so I had to find a German translation for some of the mods (not all are available though) but at least I got MCA, Better Heads and Bodies now.

thank you all for your help

Well , atleast you got some good ones there

Banfred's Avatar Miles

Get the Julan companion mod.
    http://lovkullen.net/Emma/Kateri.htm
    Now.

He makes the main campaign, plus a bunch of the major questlines much more entertaining.
    Do you play Morrowind? Do you like old castles, ferocious hairy beasts, expansive wintry forests, and killing dark elves?

Then check out Skyrim: Home of the Nords! A mod for TES III: Morrowind.