Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Cvria Ivlia, Consulate of Lepidvs/Caesar(II)

Philos Sophos's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Cvria Ivlia, Consulate of Lepidvs/Caesar

ooc:no lol,this is a guy representing me in the senate while I am in Cisalpine Gaul

IC:"Well,you could take over the power when the Plebs love you too much...but we wouldn't let it happen of course.The building program would take too many men from their jobs and we would gain less food and less supplies for us and our troops.We cannot just spend almost all of the Res Publicas coffers at one consulate.We need to have more money because noone will know how will the Greek offensive go or if somebody would attack us.I'm sure that the Ptolemies have plans for Greece and want to have a piece of it and we must be ready to defend ourselves from that hideous beast.

As for the campaign in Greece,I fully support it,but I agree on the plan of sending spies in there.If we blindly invade them and we don't know the situation in there,we would be overwelmed by the Greeks if they have some armies hidden in mainland Greece.And ofcourse we need to be ready from attacks of different factions...and that would be catastrophic to us.That's why we need to make diplomatic relations to the Ptolemies and make sure they will not attack the Greeks during our campaign

Roma Victrix!"

O Sancta Simplicitas!

ooc: If you ever want me to deal with the rebels I need the save and so far you have just been ignoring me!
    COME AND JOIN IMPERIUM!: The brand new Roman RPG that lets choose from being an average citizen to a Dictator of rome. COME AND JOIN!!

Xavier Dragnesi's Avatar Esse quam videre

ooc: Don't be lazy and do some work by asking around via PM.

Sextus shakes his head in exasperation.

My dear Junior Consul, I know full well that Rome needs building, and like I said before, to me, doing some construction is totally acceptable and necessary. But not a whole building scheme spanning all of Italy with some cities set to work on more than 4 constructions in the continuous future! You say that when the Greek War begins, that money will start piling in, but unless you haven't noticed the Greek War is already begun and in full swing! Therefore, instead of you telling me to rethink my answer, I suggest, not force, you to rethink your plan to let the aedificial future of Italy seem better, yet not putting such pressure on the Treasury.

Quote Originally Posted by Vantanic Junius Brutus View Post
    ooc: If you ever want me to deal with the rebels I need the save and so far you have just been ignoring me!
    ooc: It takes a little while to make it's way around.

I have no reason to rethink my answer...the censor Spurius Virtuvius even said erlier on that even if we build all of these things without waiting we will still have more than enough money. The greek war has already begun...what I meant is the greek offensive. Our coffers will be more than full when the greek offensive truly begins!
    Alistair Yronwood - Lord of Yronwood, Warden of the Stone Way, Blood Royal

"Darkness? I was born in it...molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man. By then it was nothing to me but blinding! The shadows betray you because they belong to me!
    "But there must always be a Darth Traya, one that holds the knowledge of betrayal. Who has been betrayed in their heart, and will betray in turn."

"You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks! "

Caesar, there is something else you need to take into account. If you implement that building plan now, then the proconsuls and governors will have no more treasury money to work with when the time comes for them to do their jobs. Yet if you do it after, then there might not be enough money for you to do all the building that you have specified. So what are you going to do, may I ask? Irritate the governors and risk their wrath when they get back? Or slightly rethink your plan like I said to suit the monetary needs of everyone?

Caesar Rex's Avatar Campidoctor

He raises a good point.
    You have left very little for the governers for retraining and building.
    They too have a lot to do in their provinces and by cutting the building project in half to start with would wield enough spare for them.
    This is not to say that we will not construct the buildings you have specified, only postpone them till the treasury is filled again from the hellenic war.
    Co-Founder and Leader at Clan Dream (Multi-National Online Gaming Community)

Voice Chat @ Discord

Senatores! I have given you this programme. Now I never said use it now use it when you like. I have no problem or argument with witing until the war is over...as long as it is used.

"Darkness? I was born in it...molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man. By then it was nothing to me but blinding! The shadows betray you because they belong to me!
    "But there must always be a Darth Traya, one that holds the knowledge of betrayal. Who has been betrayed in their heart, and will betray in turn."

"You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks! "

That is fine. I was just under the implication that you wanted it done now and in your term, as it was you who proposed it. A big building program after a war will be an excellent way to make sure our economy continues to run well.

Thank you for ending this debat senatore. Let us move on please...

Sextus sighs. Finally that is over.

I suppose our next topic of discussion would be the Hellenic offensive then?

"Ah finally. A truly difficult decision. First though, I would like to ask what legions we have at our disposal for this attack?"

Caesar Rex's Avatar Campidoctor

That has already been decided on by the consuls motion.
    Now he has already left so we must pray that the winds are there to move him across the seas to safety and a successful war.
    Co-Founder and Leader at Clan Dream (Multi-National Online Gaming Community)

Voice Chat @ Discord

He should send a report back soon.....

Then hopefully he will, if there is one thing we need it is good communications from the senators with positions with those in the curia.
    Every time you :wub:, god kills another kitten.
    If you're gonna hire Machete to kill the bad guy, you better make damn sure the bad guy isn't YOU!

'I understand, and I take the light into my soul. I will become the spear of Khaine. Lightning flashes, blood falls, death pierces the darkness.' , Dhrykna.

Under 13 (COPPA)

Yes, communications is a exellent thing to have in a difficult time like this.

ooc- I guess Winter has the save now.
    Last edited by Xavier Dragnesi; June 28, 2008 at 11:36 PM.

ooc: well the last I saw of it, it was still going around the proconsuls

Caesar stands his face slightly worried...

Friends is there any news on my brother-in-law Brutus...he has not yet made his report and I would like to know if there is news.

From what I last heard, he has already finished his battle and is on the way back to Rome to show us what he has managed.

Kritias's Avatar Petite bourgeois

"If I may raise an issue that has not been discussed thus far; we all agree that we must go to war against the Greeks - there's no denying that. However, we must consider whether or not we should completely subjugate the Greek Empire. I am in favour of a slightly less costly war; let us take only the province of Macedonia(Epirus - Macedonia - Larissa that is)! That way we shall block the Greeks from our Northern borders where all battles were fought until today, plus we get a free way to the Aegean - where the money is. What does the Senate thinks?"
    Under the valued patronage of Abdülmecid I