Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Cvria Ivlia, Consulate of Lepidvs/Caesar(II)

Winter's Avatar Civitate

Default Re: Cvria Ivlia, Consulate of Lepidvs/Caesar

"No, senator, we have not. We have to nominate a negotiator and I am clearly not in Greece..."

"As to the matter of the rebels, I have the army assignment for senator Brutus to take with him. Brutus shall be allotted three units of Auxilia from Asculum, a general's bodyguard of infantry from the Roman barracks, and two units of mercenary peltasts from Apuliana. Additionally, the senator shall be permitted to hire ONE battalion of mercenaries should he see fit, on the condition that they be immediately disbanded following the battle. The legion should use the fort on the Latium/Campanian border as a staging ground."

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Jeb View Post
    Hah, you're always so helpful to threads Winter. No wonder you got citizen!

Under 13 (COPPA)

ooc:generous!

Good. Hail the Imperator! (ooc:srry Ive been wanting to say that forever!)
    I also have a building plan for Italy lined up... just putting some last minit touches on it!
    Alistair Yronwood - Lord of Yronwood, Warden of the Stone Way, Blood Royal

"Darkness? I was born in it...molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man. By then it was nothing to me but blinding! The shadows betray you because they belong to me!
    "But there must always be a Darth Traya, one that holds the knowledge of betrayal. Who has been betrayed in their heart, and will betray in turn."

"You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks! "

Xavier Dragnesi's Avatar Esse quam videre

Sextus, with the sound of the shouting still ringing in his ears, stands up to respond:

Finally we are getting something done around here. Quintus will be pleased!

Quote Originally Posted by Grandis Latro View Post
    A messenger comes into the curia and hands Vitruvius a scroll, he takes a moment to read it, then stands...

"The Gallic matter has passed," He tells the senators, "We are to send a peace envoy to the capital of Gaul, Alesia, whenever we can, nominations for who to send start now..."
    ooc: Well, Caius is right there, you could send him a letter if you want :/

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

Im for sending Falco as he has proven many times before that he fits this jobb.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

Under 13 (COPPA)

Pompey stands

Caesar have you finished up that building plan, as tribune of the plebs I wonder will this plan help the plebs.

Xavier Dragnesi's Avatar Esse quam videre

All will be revealed in good time.

Pompey my building plan must be tested (in other words used first on RS)

OOC: By the way who has the save

"Darkness? I was born in it...molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man. By then it was nothing to me but blinding! The shadows betray you because they belong to me!
    "But there must always be a Darth Traya, one that holds the knowledge of betrayal. Who has been betrayed in their heart, and will betray in turn."

"You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks! "

Brutus stands,

I will leave now for the legion fort on the Campaia/Latium Border. I thank the senate for this glorious oppurtunity to fight for Rome. I know this mission may be small, but any Battle for Rome should be taken as an honor and a privelige.
    Brutus leaves, with only the battle on his mind....

COME AND JOIN IMPERIUM!: The brand new Roman RPG that lets choose from being an average citizen to a Dictator of rome. COME AND JOIN!!

Caesar Rex's Avatar Campidoctor

Well let him be off.
    I take it we will have this all finalised soon.
    The senior consul should leave immediately for the east with the legions needed.
    Word must be sent to my soon as well with these plans we have adopted so that we may ensure great victory in this year.
    Co-Founder and Leader at Clan Dream (Multi-National Online Gaming Community)

Voice Chat @ Discord

ooc: i need the save

OOC: I kinda have a save, though IDK if it is up to date, since I'm using it to see where we are and all that. I haven't done anything on it though.

I'm confused as to why we have so much money, yet our military is out of shape and building projects aren't republic scale yet. I guess because we all have to agree on these things?

IC: "Senator Falco would be an excellent choice. His last mission was a great sucess."

Kritias's Avatar Petite bourgeois

"I, too, fine gentlemen am in favour of dispatching the peace issue by sending the experienced Senator Falco. For who, I ask, can say that he ended a war than Falco? That being no one, I conclude that Marcus Lucretius Falco is not only the right candidate to sent to the barbarous neighbours in the north but also the most possible to succeed. May the Gods favour him in this task!"

"Now, on Senator Brutus -- I wish you good luck in this campaign against the rebels. While - as said - being only rebels of no fighting significance, do not make the mistake of underestimating them; for they may die as easily as cattle when faced with the might of our legions, yet they can be extremely dangerous to the simple folk - the populace. I would propose a mixture of caution and speed when dealing with the likes of them, sir."
    Under the valued patronage of Abdülmecid I

The Italian Building Programme

Senatores! Long has our ecenomy suffered...long have our citizens suffered! Let us the esteemed senatores of Rome take this problem into our hands...without further ado I present the Italian Building Program!

So my friends there it is the plan that will change Italy into a center of knowledge, religion, and of course wealth!

ooc:welcome back fabius! ans well some names are cut off but dont worry I know which are which!
    Last edited by RVFVS; June 26, 2008 at 04:59 PM.

Senators! This is my report on the economy of the nation, that is if this building plan is approved...

As you can see the cost of the building program is a quarter of a million currency. I believe this is acceptable, considering that we have not built in many years and that the program itself stretches for years. I urge the senate not to see the program as money lost, but money gained. For the program allows for growth and therefore more population to tax.

I recommend the senate discuss the raising of taxes to pay for the Greek war, as the cost of maintaining our troops runs in the hundreds of thousands. I am not saying raise the taxes to the point where it hurts the populace, but rather to the point where they still feel like they live well. (Yellow Face)

Remember our Republic has been neglected for many years, so it will take a big initial cost to "get it going" so to speak, that means both military and construction.

That is my economic report, there will be more upcoming as the term progresses.

Spurius Vitruvius Habitus

OOC: I am putting my reports here instead of the economics thread because I feel that people will have a better sense of the economy if the report is actually IN the consulate thread, that is future peoples.
    Caeso Decimus Crassus (32)

Winter's Avatar Civitate

I would ask my Co-Consul for a list of what is actually going to be built before we bring this to a vote. (it is hard to tell from the pictures).

However, it looks to me that everything will come in with money to spare, and the important part is that it will better the Plebe's lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Jeb View Post
    Hah, you're always so helpful to threads Winter. No wonder you got citizen!

Gaius Julius Civilis's Avatar Senator
    Castra Ultra Traiectum - Germania Inferior

Senator Falco looks around humbly.

"Senators, friends, I am honoured that I would be considered for the position of Voice of the Senate in the Gallic royal court, but just as we should not let all battles be fought by one man, we should not let all diplomacy be handled by one man either.

I have already suggested consular Spurius Vitruvius Habitus for the appointment, I think he shows much promise and dedication in political and - more importantly - diplomatic matters. I think he will be able to show the path of reason and culture to the barbaric Gauls.

If the Senate decides I should be the official diplomat, then so be it, I shall go. But I personally endorse Spurius Vitruvius Habitus and I would prefer to give him a chance to develop his diplomatic talents."
    YOU ARE THE SENATE - SENATOR PROCVLVS IVNIVS VERVS MINOR - XXX
    PLEBEIAN

We shall fwee...Wode's Avatar Senator

You speak of raising taxes, the most ignominious of any rulers tasks. The question however is of it's neccessity.

You say that the army requires a hundred of thousand Mnai, yet your building work costs 250,000 for one turn before returning to normal. Is this money not enough? That leave 50,000 Mnai profit, which although money shall be sent to the provinces, it is plenty, I fear that you propose tax for the sake of it, not the need of it.

I must inform you the people will not think this a tax for the war, but a tax for exploitation. They see a wealthy state asking for more to stuff it's faces in. It is our responsiblity to tax when money is needed and repay the poor in times of prosperity.

To me friends, this seems like a foreign war in prosperous times. Why tax when we should be helping them further?
    add "wick" on the end of my name.

Gaivs Atilivs Balbvs - senator YATS, age 30)

Nephew of Marcvs Atilivs Balbvs, died in battle aged 48

The forums Monty Python nutter!

Kritias's Avatar Petite bourgeois

"It is true what Publicola says. The low am mount of ready money is only the outcome of the major constructive programs - once we let our economy to recover, we will reach once more the desirable and stable treasury within a reasonable amount of time and more importantly, without taxing the People more than it is necessary. Remember; the ultimate law we must uphold is the People's prosperity. Raising the tax level is against this fundamental law!"

"Further more, after hearing out Senator Falco, I wish to point out a simple fact. Can we send away our Censor? Isn't his responsibilities in Rome a compelling argument to send a less busy individual for this job?"
    Under the valued patronage of Abdülmecid I