Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718

Thread: Cvria Ivlia, Consulate of Lepidvs/Caesar(II)

Xavier Dragnesi's Avatar Esse quam videre

Default Re: Cvria Ivlia, Consulate of Lepidvs/Caesar

Though I am not one for bloodlust, we must still make sure that it is truly fully the Spartan King's fault that all this if happening. If truly, it is the will of all the Greek peoples, then we will have no choice but to show them the strictness of Romans. I assume that there is some element of people's support for this, otherwise there wouldn't be that many men in the Greek armies, nor so many of those hoplitic armies. That is, unless the Spartan King is so inconsiderate of his subjects that he forces them into armies. Even so, I would have expected some sort of rebellion should all the people be against that tyrant King's rule. So yes, we much send spies to see how the Greek people stand with their King. If it is well, then we must deal with them strictly, because that indicates they are of similar mind, the leader and his people.

KoS's Avatar Dux Limitis

Say if the power of Rome belonged to an imperator, and thus the power of this Senate was reduced to a shadow of what it is now, as their senate is now far less that what it once was; and say a foreign force took control of this city. Would they not take the liberty of butchering us Senators, if not anything but symbolically?

I would like to propose that the king and a select group of his top officials be brought here to Rome to be tried... perhaps to give our praetors a bit of an exercise in their power?
    R.I.P. God Save The King (2008-2013)

Senators, this term has been one growth and conquering. I will propose and post this motion as ny last true act as consul of Rome: Motion: Should the Greek king be brought back and tried in Rome.
    Alistair Yronwood - Lord of Yronwood, Warden of the Stone Way, Blood Royal

"Darkness? I was born in it...molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man. By then it was nothing to me but blinding! The shadows betray you because they belong to me!
    "But there must always be a Darth Traya, one that holds the knowledge of betrayal. Who has been betrayed in their heart, and will betray in turn."

"You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks! "

Xavier Dragnesi's Avatar Esse quam videre

If we are going to get the Spartan King to be tried here, then we need to first finish conquering Greece and at least have capture him, because he might see this coming and might flee to some far flung place in his empire where it will be hard to find for us. Remember, those lands still belong to the Greeks at the moment, and we cannot just boldly march in and demand that the King be taken to Rome.

Under 13 (COPPA)

I agree with Senator Parthicus