Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Cvria Ivlia, Consulate of Lepidvs/Caesar(II)

Default Re: Cvria Ivlia, Consulate of Lepidvs/Caesar

ooc: the save been going round the proconsuls they must of missed me out. i haven't had the save

Unless i am terribly mistaken, we already voted and agreed on the current plan. Changing it now, while our consul is out working with the previous plan would be, i think, most destructive...
    People will believe a lie because they want it to be true; or they're afraid it's true.
    Given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe its true, or because they're afraid it might be true. Peoples' heads are full of knowledge, facts and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

nihil est malior quam inimicus invictus. Nonne Anchises dicit: "parcere subiectis et debellare superbos." Graeci, mei senatores, sunt populi superbi. Ne foedera petivimus! Aut Graeci victi, aut nihil!

ooc: And can we stop using senatore as an address now? The vocative is still senator, sorry, it's just that bad Latin makes me cringe.
    Last edited by chaplain118; June 29, 2008 at 05:56 AM.

Crusades
    Historical fiction - Fifty Tales from Rome

Can YOU dance like the Cookie Man?
    Improbe amor quid non mortalia pectora cogis? - The Aeneid
    I run an Asteroid mining website. Visit it before James Cameron takes it from me.

I understand abouthalf of what you said, but either way, I think we should stick to good 'ol english here because I don't want to use a translator..

Alrighty then

There is nothing worse than an unconquered enemy. Did Anchises not tell us that we spare those having been conquered and to war down the arrogant. My senators, the Greeks are an arrogant people. We do not seek a treaty (of moderation in our conquest). Either the Greeks are conquered, or nothing!

Crusades
    Historical fiction - Fifty Tales from Rome

Can YOU dance like the Cookie Man?
    Improbe amor quid non mortalia pectora cogis? - The Aeneid
    I run an Asteroid mining website. Visit it before James Cameron takes it from me.

Gaius Julius Civilis's Avatar Senator
    Castra Ultra Traiectum - Germania Inferior

Senators,

Too often have we been lulled into a false sense of security by alliances or formal peace treaties. Too often has the Greek king Archidamus the Insane broken treaties and vows before his and our Gods! He will not rest until either Rome burns and the senate bows before him or before he is utterly conquered and we can take him to Rome in chains.

As no-one here could possibly want the shame of having to pass under the Greek yoke, I suggest we destroy the Greek nation completely and utterly. Let "Sparta must be destroyed" be our rallying cry and let us never more be caught off-guard by Greek treachery!

DELENDA EST SPARTA!
    YOU ARE THE SENATE - SENATOR PROCVLVS IVNIVS VERVS MINOR - XXX
    PLEBEIAN

KoS's Avatar Dux Limitis

My fellow Romans,

I second the motion proposed by Senator Falco. The Greeks have done nothing else but repeatedly and maliciously offending us; and that king of theirs, Archidamus or whatever that madman calls himself, would not know a Roman blade pointed toward him from one of his own. As works best with all attacks, we should strike quickly and with the element of surprise. May we make it so that not one of those trecherous Greeks will even dare to set foot in Roman lands until five hundred years after the last of our great-grand children have died, for fear of himself being killed!

Yes, alas, my mother was a Greek. But understand that her father was a true Roman, and this excludes the likes of her kind from my contempt. But she was born in Athens, to a good, tradition-minded Greek family - not to a kinsman of the Spartan lunatic that has wronged us on this day.

And now, with the moment of decision upon us, I shall utter the declaration of my undying hate toward all those who would serve that crazed fool, who at this very moment sits upon his throne in Sparta, unaware that the great state of Latium now collectively rises to arms to seal his doom: DELENDA EST SPARTA!
    R.I.P. God Save The King (2008-2013)

I agree with senator falco, the greeks must fall completely!

Destroy their armies! burn their cities and enslave their people!!

DELENDA EST SPARTA!!
    Last edited by Snowball; June 29, 2008 at 10:27 AM.
    People will believe a lie because they want it to be true; or they're afraid it's true.
    Given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe its true, or because they're afraid it might be true. Peoples' heads are full of knowledge, facts and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

Why, why hunt down an enemy who already lies injured in the grass.
    This is not the Rome as I once know,
    we did not fought the first greek war because we wanted to
    conquer there lands,
    we did it to help the suppressed population.

I will not give you my suport in this question.
    Conquer the city of Sparta, kill the king and realise the people.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

Winter's Avatar Civitate

ooc: To answer your questions, I will begin the offensive as soon as someone decides to send the the save.

Also, you cant pass a motion telling me how to deal with Sparta or the king as it would be a challenge to my imperium.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Jeb View Post
    Hah, you're always so helpful to threads Winter. No wonder you got citizen!

Gaius Julius Civilis's Avatar Senator
    Castra Ultra Traiectum - Germania Inferior

My friend, we did not ask for this second war, nor did we ask for the first one. They were both the result of Greek megalomania. They attacked us twice, without proper cause or prior warning. We had done them no harm, we were even allied with them, and how did they reward us for our trust? They betrayed us!

They are not lying injured in the grass, they are waiting for our moment of weakness, our extended hand, so they can bite us once more. Do not be lulled into a false sense of security again, Marcus, we may not survive it!

Therefore I conclude that there is only one solution: The Hellenic League must be wiped from the face of this earth! Delenda est Sparta!

ooc: Just venting my opinion as to what should happen after the cities mentioned in your imperium are conquered, it is no motion.
    YOU ARE THE SENATE - SENATOR PROCVLVS IVNIVS VERVS MINOR - XXX
    PLEBEIAN

Caesar Rex's Avatar Campidoctor

Greece will feel the full wrath of the gladius.
    There will be no peace or ceasefires.
    The Hellenic war will end with the downfall of an empire.
    Co-Founder and Leader at Clan Dream (Multi-National Online Gaming Community)

Voice Chat @ Discord

Senators!

I for this time agree with Senator Falco and Senator Tarquinius! Greece is not the place to be left alone. If we take only Macedonia the Greeks still hvae Sparta...their capital. And with their insane king at the helm the Greek Empire will no no bounds when it come to treachery. When they have rebuilt they will simply attack us again...that said I do not know if their Germanic lands are worth taking...maybe just taking them and gifteing them to...the Germans so thta they be our protectorate would be the best course of action. A good counter balance to the Gauls...

Caesar sits...
    Last edited by RVFVS; June 29, 2008 at 11:21 AM.
    Alistair Yronwood - Lord of Yronwood, Warden of the Stone Way, Blood Royal

"Darkness? I was born in it...molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man. By then it was nothing to me but blinding! The shadows betray you because they belong to me!
    "But there must always be a Darth Traya, one that holds the knowledge of betrayal. Who has been betrayed in their heart, and will betray in turn."

"You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks! "

Kindness and peace has not worked with the greeks thus far, none can say we have not tried to be friendly.
    The time for that has passed though, they will feel the wrath of our soldiers, and the scorn of defeat!
    Greece must never rise again, DELENDA EST SPARTA!
    Last edited by Snowball; June 29, 2008 at 11:24 AM.

Senators it is our duty to destroy the Greeks...I agree with Caesar's plan. We should take everything and gift the high northern lands to the germans to counter the Gallic, and I hate to say it, Empire. It is our duty to the plebs!
    Senator Marcus Licinius Crassus-Senator of Roma
    Gens Licinia

Xavier Dragnesi's Avatar Esse quam videre

I think it can be confirmed that everyone wants the Greeks fully destroyed. Plus, looking from the tactical side of things, taking just Macedonia makes it harder to hold it. As if the Greeks attack, then they can hit us from both north and south and we will be hard pressed to defend against that.

Philos Sophos's Avatar Protector Domesticus

"I agree with the plan that we must destroy Greece and conquer sparta,but we can't go too far.Conquering the lands in the North from Greece wouldn't be good for us because of the Gallic threat there.I suggest me take Greece and Macedonia first.

Delenda Est Sparta!"

O Sancta Simplicitas!

Once again I suggest that we take the northern lands and give them to the Germans...it would be a good counterbalance to the Gauls.
    Alistair Yronwood - Lord of Yronwood, Warden of the Stone Way, Blood Royal

"Darkness? I was born in it...molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man. By then it was nothing to me but blinding! The shadows betray you because they belong to me!
    "But there must always be a Darth Traya, one that holds the knowledge of betrayal. Who has been betrayed in their heart, and will betray in turn."

"You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks! "

What then, if the germans grow strong?

We would essentially be replacing one barbarian menace with another!

Xavier Dragnesi's Avatar Esse quam videre

But Senators, look at it this way. If we conquer enough of Northern Greece, it is true that we reach the Gallic threat once more, but if you look from the other side of the argument,it also allows us to hit Gaul from two sides. True, we don't want to expand too far north before the Gauls are conquered, and that extra land can be given to the Germans or something, but we must use that bit of northern land to launch further offensives on Gaul.