Thread: Horse Archers

Default Horse Archers

Hi. Well I really enjoyed playing as Saka or Saramatae in EB1. They ruled! My entire army consisted of Horse archers, maybe two infantry units (for seiges). I rarely lost battles, especially when i would go against the phalanx obsessed Baktrians and Seleucids. I ruled. So basically my question is, "Will you fix the crappy M2TW horse archers." I tried my Horse archer tactics in M2TW and i was annihilated! M2TW HAs suck. plz fix, if you can.
    Member of FAITH

Default Re: Horse Archers

Horse Archers in R:TW were strongly overpowered. It was possible to, as you said, create an entire army of horse archers and destroy any opposing armies without losing many soldiers. This is wildly inaccurate, as although cavalry archers were useful, they did not make up a huge bulk of the army. They didn't have a very long range in this time period, and the shots were usually rather inaccurate at longer range, especially whilst in motion. Horse archers would sometimes dimount for better accuracy. And, of course, they were usually destroyed in hand to hand combat. And, of course, there is the issue of gameplay balance.

MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar Domesticus
    Citizen

Default Re: Horse Archers

The M2TW HAs are indeed horrible to manage and pretty weak. I hope something can be done to at least make them easier to manage in a battle.