View Poll Results: What do you think?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I approve this system. Seems quite interesting. { Provide a reason with a PM }

15 100.00%
  • No, I think this will not work. { Provide a reason with a PM }

1 6.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: R|G|B System v1.0. Introduce to the community

Angel's Avatar Angeal

Default R|G|B System v1.0. Introduce to the community

R|G|B System v1.0. Last UPDATED Sunday June 29
    This system that I've developed to be used in any type of RTS game out there. I will explain what the system does and how it will be incorporated into this mod build. Since im the lead of the unit balancing, I have permission from the "boss" to show everyone how the MOD will be introduced and how wonderful the battles will be. ENJOY!

R: Means Realism, Reality, REAL. If a sword cuts you, you bleed, you soon die. 2hitpoints scheme wont work anymore. Every unit can die. A short sword can be swung quickly than a long sword. Training can help your troops do better. Who ever has better training will perform better. Better equipment equals better lifelong battles. Think of life in Rome period and thus I present you this mod. War scares people. People are not gods or immortal. THEY DIE!

G: Means Gameplay. Simple as that. Each unit will have a strength and weakness. Tactics must be used in order to have supreme map/battle map control. Each unit can be used in different roles. A Missile unit provides you cover and can take out the best units. But they are weak against combat and cavalry. Cavalry is the best unit out there but in some regards it isnt. Cavalry can be used in supportive or offensive roles. Can target flanks/rears, take out the enemy's missile infantry, or charge the lines and make routs. There's 3 types of infantrymen. Light, which is a fast paced, fast hitting, and charging unit. However, they lack armor,equipment, {usually} Very cheap unit, but they can overwhelm the enemy. Next is Regular infantry: Regular infantrymen can be used in different roles. Hold the front lines, attack flanks, even chase missile infantry. Have decent equipment, morale,. Overall a 50/50 between a Light and Heavy. Next is Heavy Infantry/unit. Heavy carries best equipment, training, and used to hold the lines. High morale, but very slow units. Heat is their weakness. Javelin units counter them. Slow but hard hitting units. Be wary of these men, even Heavy Cavalry have to watch out for them. Each unit has a Strength n Weakness, your job is to exploit their Weakness. AI will do this too. The battles will be high paced. Battles last 1-2 mins. UNITS WILL ROUT! But alot units in-game have command bonuses, but having this ability brings extra cost/upkeep for that unit. Usually only build-able last tier. Terrain will be used as well, Cavalry get a -6 negative bonus in woods. But gain +6 in open/flat plains. Each unit has his own terrain bonuses. As for the weapon swings/accuracy. Its like this. Daggers will have the best cool-down between attacks, but worst accuracy. The Pike/Lance will have the best accuracy but longer cool-downs between attacks. Damage/Attribute part now: Damage is depending on the weapon, class,social,ethnics,faction,etc. Attributes matter on weapon,class,role. I have my own system for the Weapon Ratings, Armour Ratings. Light Infantry will have the highest defense skill. Heavy infantry worst. Defensive skill matters on their ability to dodge/parry attacks. Since heavy infantry will have high Armour ratings this decreases the defensive skill, because their immobility in dodging/parrying attacks.
    That's the concept for every unit into this mod. Hope you enjoy the preview.

B: Means Balance. Every unit ingame is balance to 100% stablity. I try hard to find any bugs/imbalancement at all times. However, it will be question by every person out there, because each person thinks differently. Not much explanation here except BALANCE IS KEY!

Additional info! Heres a little setup that I use.
    Each unit has a role, so to make sure this unit role is sufficient enough to actually do its job/role.

Spearmen: Of course theres a Light-Regular-Heavy. Horrible in close-combat but awesome at holding the line, supporting your other infantry units. Protect your flanks/rear and your missile infantry ( Support units ) from cavalry or other attacks.
    Counter| All types of Cavalry.
    Weak| Missile infantry. All types of infantry. Cavalry Archers.

Light Infantry: They are fast hitting unit. Able to break enemy morale if used properly. Fast attacking, high defense skill, and high stamina. Great for dessert or high temperature campaigning. Great for all terrain. Counter| Missile units. Light Spearmen. Weak| Regular and Heavy Infantry. Cavalry.

Regular Infantry: These units arent as mobile as Light Inf. However they carry mail armor and able to hold the line. Basically a 50/50 of a Light and Heavy Infantrymen. No Greatness or Weakness. Counter| Light infantry, Light Spearmen and Possible Heavy. Weak| Heavy Cavalry, Missile units. Possible Heavy Spearmen.

Heavy Infantry: These units are the slowest out there. Able to tank so much damage. Carrying the best equipment, best moral, however they lack is mobility. Cant reinforce a position to well since it takes them lot longer.
    Counter| All Infantry types, All Spearmen types, Light and can handle Heavy cavalry.
    Weak| Missile units, Missile Cavalry.

Light Missile Infantry: Quick and mobile. Usually Javelin infantry or Archers. They are able to shoot fast and deal a lot of damage before routing. When they dont have enough ammo, suggest to rout them, since close-combat is NOT their specialty at all. Javelin Infantry are the ONLY ones suggest to attack in close-combat, but dont expect much. Counter| Regular and Heavy Infantry, Heavy Spearmen, Heavy Cavalry.
    Weak| Light Infantry, Cavalry, Heavy Missile Infantry.

Heavy Missile Infantry: They carry more ammo and better equipment. Can survive more hits and missile fire. Decent in combat. Heavy Javelin infantry, will be considered Light Infantry, or possible Regular. Slower, and attack also slower. But expect better accuracy since they wont run or get scared. Better moral.
    Counter| All infantry types, Regular-Heavy Cavalry.
    Weak| Heavy Missile Infantry, Light Cavalry.

Theres will be updates....

This will be updated with new info ever so often.

Even though this doesnt contain any numerical balance or whatever. I have my own number balance but I rather keep to myself. This is the idea that I use for balancing. With numbers.
    REP + if you like it. Thanks a lot.
    Last edited by Angel; July 14, 2008 at 10:24 PM.
    Under the patronage of Hader

Very Interesting

Maybe u have to explain more about Gameplay

In all the way you know my point of view.
    Last edited by HemilcoBarca; June 24, 2008 at 01:00 PM.

In parte operis mei licet mihi praefari, bellum maxime omnium memorabile quae unquam gesta sint me scripturum, quod Hannibale duce Carthaginienses cum populo Romano gessere. Nam neque ualidiores opibus ullae inter se ciuitates gentesque contulerunt arma neque his ipsis tantum unquam uirium aut roboris fuit.

Kleomenis's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: R|G|B System v1.0. Introduce to the community

Seems very interesting. i approve it!

Angel's Avatar Angeal

Updated first post. More info on Game-play.

People who have put yes on the poll please send me PM's why you think so. This will help me a lot of what the community thinks.

Angel's Avatar Angeal

Updated first post.

New info with roles are suppose to do. Read it. Its enjoyable.

Rep+

Some external modder have purposed some balancing ideas that i ve recovered and used in the last Beta of PTW

New PTW ' Real Combat system in detail
    *Work in progress, unfinished product!!!

1) Unit Size : 10 Bodyguards, 20 Cavalry and Archers, 40 Melee Infantry and Slingers, 60 Phalangitai and Skirmishers (20 for Romans)

2) Unit Mass : Hoplitai with SW*, Skirmishers, Missile Infantry = 1+(0.005xMorale) ; Melee Infantry = 1+(0.01xMorale) ; Hoplitai without SW,
    Legionarii = 1+(0.02xMorale) ; Pezhetairoi = 1+(0.04xMorale)

*SW=Shield wall

3) Hoplitai / Legionary' Soldier Radius : 0.4 - (Morale/100)

4) Formation : Hoplitai, Pezhetaeroi, Legionarii = 0.8, 1.6, 1.6, 3.2, (3,6,4) ; ShortSword & Spear Infantry = 1, 2, 2, 4, 4 ;
    Archers, Longsword & Axe Infantry = 1.2, 2.4, 2.4, 4.8, (2,4,4) ; Skirmishers = 1.4, 2.8, 2.8, 5.6, 6 ;
    Melee Cavalry = 1.6, 3.2, 3.2, 6.4, 2 ; Slingers = 1.8, 3.6, 3.6, 7.2, 4 ; Missile Cavalry = 2, 4, 4, 8, 2 ; Chariots = 6, 12, 12 ,24, 2

5) Secondary HPs : all +5 ; Phalangitai, 2 prim HP units -1 ; Cavalry +2 (AP Spear/Bow +3) ; Balearic, Kretan, Rhodian missiles +2 ;
    Roman Melee Infantry, Archers, Slingers +1

6) Lethality : (Morale + Attack)/100

P.S. : Phalangitai = Pezethairoi and Hoplitai

Morale Level (ML)

1-3 Morale = Peasant, -0 Unit Size, -3 att, +3 del, +0 jvln rng, +0 bow rng, +0 sling rng
    4-6 Morale = Militia, -2 Unit Size, -2 att, +2 del, +1 jvln rng, +5 bow rng, +25 sling rng
    7-9 Morale = Average, -4 Unit Size, -1 att, +1 del, +2 jvln rng, +10 bow rng, +50 sling rng
    10-12 Morale = Superior, -6 Unit Size, +0 att, -0 del, +3 jvln rng, +15 bow rng, +75 sling rng
    13-16 Morale = Elite, -8 Unit Size, +1 att, -1 del, +4 jvln rng, +20 bow rng. +100 sling rng
    17+ Morale = Heroic, -10 Unit Size, +2 att, -2 del, +5 jvln rng, +25 bow rng, +125 sling rng

P.S. : Unit Size tweaks don't affect Cavalry
    impetuous => -2 Morale (only to balance the overpowering "impetuous", doesn't count in calculating stats)

Weapon, base attack value, charge - base delay value ; other

- heavy axe : 20,10(1/2 ATT) - 18 ; AP
    - Sarissa : 10,10( = ATT) - 20 ; "light_spear"
    - light axe : 18, 9(1/2 ATT) - 16
    - Machaera : 17, 8(1/2 ATT) - 13 ; cavalry sword
    - Falcata : 16, 4(1/4 ATT) - 12
    - Kopis : 15, 3(1/4 ATT) - 12
    - cavalry spear : 9,27(3X ATT) - 15 ; AP if 2H
    - Dory : 8, 8( = ATT) - 14 ; "light_spear", +4 def ; Hoplitai = +8 att, -4 def, +6 delay (ANTI-FLANKING TWEAKS)
    - long sword : 14, 7(1/2 ATT) - 10
    - Gladium : 13, 3(1/4 ATT) - 7
    - Xiphos : 12, 3(1/4 ATT) - 8
    - Celtic sword : 11, 5(1/2 ATT) - 9
    - dagger : 4, 1 - 4
    - spear : 6, 6( = ATT) - 6 ; "light_spear", +4 def
    - knife : 2, 1 - 2 ; only for confrontation

P.S. : CHARGE = ; Cavalry Spears 3xATT ; Spears = ATT ; Celtic Swords, cavalry swords 1/2 ATT ; Swords 1/4 ATT
    CAVALRY : +2 delay when no horned saddle (less stability) ; +2 javs range
    SPEARS : +4 def anti-"light_spear" malus, because keeping the enemy at distance with your spear is no less effective than parrying

- Celtic gaesum : att 18, del 2, range 22, amount 2
    - reinforced pilum : att 16, del 2, range 24, amount 2
    - socketed pilum : att 14, del 2, range 26, amount 2
    - throwing spear : att 12, del 2, range 28, amount 2
    - Oscan saunion : att 10, del 2, range 30, amount 2
    - sling : att 8, del 2, range 64, amount 20
    - medium javelins : att 8, del 2, range 32, amount 3
    - composite bow : att 6, del 2, range 136, amount 40
    - light javelins : att 6, del 2, range 34, amount 6
    - bow : att 4, del 2, range 72, amount 20

The list of different types of armor + (protection value) ; +/- mods to defence value :

Defence Value = Morale Value

All units have 1 stamina points ( = hardy ) ; boni : Superior +1 ; Elite, cavalry +2 ; Heroic +3

- greaves +1 each
    - arm protections +1 each
    - organic head protections +1
    - metal helmet +3 ; cheekpieces +1
    - perizoma +1

- metal breast plate +1
    - leather short cuirass +2
    - bronze squared cuirass +2
    - linotorax +3 ; -1 def
    - leather cuirass +3 ; -1 def
    - bronze triple disc cuirass +4 ; -2 def
    - reinforced linotorax +4 ; -2 def
    - lamellar cuirass +5 ; -2 def ; -1 stamina
    - short muscular plate cuirass +5 ; -3 def ; -1 stamina
    - iron-mail cuirass +6 ; -2 def ; -1 stamina
    - muscolar plate cuirass +6 ; -3 def ; -2 stamina

The list of different types of shields + (protection value) ; +/- mods to defence value :

buckler +1 ; +3 def
    wooden Pelta +2 ; +2 def
    bronze Pelta/Parma +3 ; +1 def
    Thureos/Clipeus/celtic +4 ; +0 def
    Celtic long/Samnite shield +5 ; -1 def
    Hellenic Aspis/scutum +6 ; -2 def ; -1 stamina
    Roman Scutum +7 ; -3 def ; -1 stamina ; CHARGE = 1/2 ATT

In parte operis mei licet mihi praefari, bellum maxime omnium memorabile quae unquam gesta sint me scripturum, quod Hannibale duce Carthaginienses cum populo Romano gessere. Nam neque ualidiores opibus ullae inter se ciuitates gentesque contulerunt arma neque his ipsis tantum unquam uirium aut roboris fuit.