Thread: Mysterious armies popping up in sieges

Default Mysterious armies popping up in sieges

Hi All,

I'm greatly enjoying the campaign, but quite often I use a spy to view the number of units in a town or castle, and then, that same turn, I send an army to besiege it, the settlement suddenly has a full castle army pop up inside it.

Needless to say, this is bizarre, frustrating and silly. Is there a fix for it?

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Mysterious armies popping up in sieges

That sounds like garrison script.
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

Well, I've got no experience editing the scripts - what might be the cause? Any idea how I can fix it?

They're built into the KGCM. They are used to protect key cities and capitals to make it more realistic, instead of having the AI abandon their key cities half the time. It makes sense, you would expect the hardest seiges to be at capitals and other key locations.

@Sargon_of_Akkad,

I have provided a no garrison script in the main download thread LINK. Just place it inside the SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\kingdoms_grand_campaign_mod\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign folder.

Dave

Many thanks all!

I found it unrealistic that no matter how many times you destroy huge enemy armies they were able to "conscript" large knight armies in cities. Awesome troops don't just grow on trees!

@Sargon_of_Akkad

Without the garrison script you are playing a campaign much closer to vanilla. Which of course means a much easier campaign. Also you will see regions on the map change hands a lot quicker. And factions will start to die off before you are even past the first 100 turns. The effects of removing the garrison script are quite profound on this mod, I have tested a campaign without the script.

Have fun and remember this is not how my mod was intended to be!

Dave

I have not been playing MIITW for 7 months, but did not like much those garrisons, they gave some factions lot of free armies to use and conquer, of course starting with very small faction was more easy.

Just started playing again, and when i saw this no garrison script i started to use it immediately, so I dont know if anything have changed, but i would have liked those extra armies disappear after the fight, then i would use grand gampaign mod with garrisons.....