Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting a castle?

Default Getting a castle?

I'm currently a lord for the Khergit Khanate, and Sanjar Khan has granted me a village. I've won many castles, but everytime I request one to be mine the Khan just says, "......that I cannot grant as you already have a significant amount of estates....". How can I get a castle then?

Default Re: Getting a castle?

So you're saying you haven't been granted a single castle.:hmmm: Too bad.
    You usually receive the first castle you conquer, but you've been unlucky.
    You now have three options:
    1. Capture more castles and hope they will be granted to you.
    2. Start a rebellion by not accepting that Khan gives the castle to another lord.
    You will then be on your own and possibly get many enemies (it's tough).
    3. Renounce your oath to Khergit Khanate and choose another faction to join.
    "How shall humankind ever find peace if the soul remains conscious in the sky and the shadow in the Underworld? The combination of sweet bait and naivety completely destroyes Nature's best gift: death, and doubles the agony of the dying with worries of a future!" - Pliny the Elder

Don't feel bad I am such a rebel in playing style as well as with installing mods so that I never make it to the point of taking castles man I feel like such a noob admiting that!

Quote Originally Posted by Adorno1 View Post
    So you're saying you haven't been granted a single castle.:hmmm: Too bad.
    You usually receive the first castle you conquer, but you've been unlucky.
    You now have three options:
    1. Capture more castles and hope they will be granted to you.
    2. Start a rebellion by not accepting that Khan gives the castle to another lord.
    You will then be on your own and possibly get many enemies (it's tough).
    3. Renounce your oath to Khergit Khanate and choose another faction to join.
    4) Renounce your oath and find the Khans claimant and while your taking over give all the damn castles to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamos32 View Post
    4) Renounce your oath and find the Khans claimant and while your taking over give all the damn castles to yourself.
    That's exactly what I decided to do. I found Dustum Khan and pledged allegiance to him and became a Khergit Rebel as a result. Currently, I have 2 castles, 2 villages, and 5 lords on my side that are ready to slay Sanjar Khan.

After many days of hard work and determination (which includes raiding six times in a row), I have finally acquired my first castle! I purposely chose that castle because it's on a strategic position. It's on the side of a mountain surrounded by a forest and forest bandits. Those forest bandits scare the crap out of my enemies who try to take my castle.

Well I tried a siege once with my horse archers needless to say it didn't work out too well, gonna hire some heavy men at arms next time heh...

Quote Originally Posted by Armatus View Post
    Well I tried a siege once with my horse archers needless to say it didn't work out too well, gonna hire some heavy men at arms next time heh...
    Here's a tip for everybody. Try and hire a big army of Hired Blades who are found in certain taverns. I hired 106 of them and managed to capture three castles in a row.

My castles look awesome!

Grunwalder Castle:

Almerra Castle:

Reindi Castle:

Derchios Castle:

Last edited by Emperor Taizu; June 27, 2008 at 10:41 PM.

Sidus Preclarum's Avatar Honnęte Homme.

You took Grunwalder and Almerra ? They are said to be the 2 mosts difficult to take.
    Grunwalder and Reindi have very impressive keeps, I wish those were functionnal.
    Maybe in M&B2, you'll be able to use the whole castle in attacks and defense (like getting the gates and porticuli open, stationing defenders in the keep or anywhere, &c...)

Love the screenshots!

Quote Originally Posted by Sidus Preclarum View Post
    You took Grunwalder and Almerra ? They are said to be the 2 mosts difficult to take.
    Well a friend of mine who I introduced to Mount&Blade about a week or so ago has just captured the castles of every faction. When I pressed him he finally admitted to cheating I'm not sure what cheat he used though.

Not that that's what Emperor did, but considering it's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidus Preclarum View Post
    Grunwalder and Reindi have very impressive keeps, I wish those were functionnal.
    Maybe in M&B2, you'll be able to use the whole castle in attacks and defense (like getting the gates and porticuli open, stationing defenders in the keep or anywhere, &c...)
    I saw the room in Grunwalder castle where they had that mechanism that opens and closes the gates. Too bad it's just a static object, but I still have high hopes for M&B v1.0 and the final improvements it's going to bring.

Zymran's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Taizu View Post
    Here's a tip for everybody. Try and hire a big army of Hired Blades who are found in certain taverns. I hired 106 of them and managed to capture three castles in a row.
    Hired blades are pricey

I find that one of the things that really makes a difference is your own personal weapons - i usuallly have a long berdiche, axe or voulge for storming the walls, and a sword and shield for hacking all those pesky archers . Of course, that only helps if you personally lead the assault, which is a bit risky....
    Terror of the Steppes: a Kypchak AAR
    Check out my tutorial: how to change one faction into another HERE

106? Holy , how do you get high enough leadership and reputation...
    As for my own personnal weapons, they're not of much use, since castles bring my fps down to like 4-5...

Big War Bird's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

In seiges I use a Seige Crossbow, which is a guaranteed kill with a head shot and will kill in 2 body shots.

But yeah I also get as many Hired Blades I can find. Of all high level soldiers they easiest get if you have the coin. Trying to turn raw recruits into elite foot soldiers is a lengthy task tha twill see a lot of your recruits go tango uniform.
    As a teenager, I was taken to various houses and flats above takeaways in the north of England, to be beaten, tortured and raped over 100 times. I was called a “white slag” and “white ****” as they beat me.

-Ella Hill

Yes Hired Blades massacre the Khergits in sieges I just took a caste with them I lost two guys to their 110!

hmmm..
    are you guys playing with regular or reduced damage ?

Numenor's Avatar Campidoctor

With normal damage, a battle against 100 Khergits against my 45 rhodoks.

Guess who survived:

Attachment 14585
    [IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Numenor View Post
    With normal damage, a battle against 100 Khergits against my 45 rhodoks.

Guess who survived:
    didnt know "hired blades" were parts of the Rhodok troop trees...
    Well, I can also win 1 vs 2 battles with minimal losses, even on a flat terrain...
    But taking castles = slaughterhouse...

Numenor's Avatar Campidoctor

indeed. And for nothing sometimes. "to cover your expenses, we pay 900 dinares." 900?!?!?!

i had to conquer a castle 3 times for the king to give me it! (conquered, reconquered, conquered, reconquered, etc etc.)

Anyway, i have 2 castles, and 3 villages... not bad i guess.
    [IMG]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast