Thread: Just wondering is eb2 gonna be easierr or harder then eb1

knight of virtue and valor's Avatar Praefectus
    In the nightmares of my foes (bakersfield, CALI, allright)

Icon5 Just wondering is eb2 gonna be easierr or harder then eb1

just wondering will past lessons with eb1 make eb2 easier to make? as a huge fan of eb1 I will all ways support you guys it will be awesome

eggthief's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Just wondering is eb2 gonna be easierr or harder then eb1

Well I guess its gonna be the same, but somehow I cant imagine having a hard time while running it trough m2tw.

MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar Domesticus
    Citizen

If you mean will EB2 be easier to make, then yes. A lot of the work for EB1 was research and much of that research can be used on EB2.

If you mean if the gameplay will be harder, that is yet to be seen.

thank you Marcus! I was referring to the difficulty of making the mod for all the team member,s I know that its to early to ask for in game details have a nice day!

I hope i wont have to wait 200 turns to get legionaries again.....

Remember Constantinople
    mr bush how can u put people in jail for smoking weed when you smoke weed. that makes you a hypocrite. bush says do you like hand jobs. the guy says hell yea. bush says do you like giving hand jobs. the guy says no. bush says well then your a fing hypocrite to!!!.

Quote Originally Posted by RomaVictor6969 View Post
    Conditions for roman reforms are currently being reworked again. However don't expect the marian reforms to happen too much earlier than in EBI if they are indeed earlier at all. They are easily modded however, for those less paitent that some.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

as a library emptying history buff, I believe that truth is better than fiction. I believe that the marain reform should not be messed with much, I love your mod and their is no team, whether in medieval 2 total war or rome total war, that is as dedicated to realism and historical accuracy as you, if it weren't for your mod I would have totally given up Rome for medieval.Thanks, for all your hard work both past and present!
    "WE WILL SMITE THE INVADERS FROM OUR SKIES! Though they sweep over our lands like the sands of winter, never again will we bow before them; never again endure their oppression; never again endure their tyranny. We will strike without warning and without mercy, fighting as one hand, one heart, one soul. We will shatter their dreams and haunt their nightmares, drenching our ancestors' graves with their blood. And as our last breath tears at their lungs; as we rise again from the ruins of our cities...they will know: Helghan belongs to the Helghast." -Scholar Visari

Space Voyager's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by RomaVictor6969 View Post
    In EB I wouldn't think in terms of turns but in the terms of timeframe. Turns just get you through time so the number of terms is irrelevant in itself.

Shigawire's Avatar VOXIFEX MAXIMVS

Quote Originally Posted by knight of virtue and valor View Post
    just wondering will past lessons with eb1 make eb2 easier to make? as a huge fan of eb1 I will all ways support you guys it will be awesome
    This question has two different answers. One of the answers is that it's easier to mod, which has already been provided by my brethren in EB: MarcusAureliusAntoninus.

But there have also been some deal-breaking problems for the development of EB2, such as the inability to import ancient buildings (only medieval) but thankfully these are finally being cracked now thanks to Argantonio and KnightErrant.

So in conclusion, modding M2TW will be easier, since research concept art and game mechanics has already reached a very high level. At the same time M2TW will be much much harder, due to the hardcoded limitations imposed upon us.
    Development of EB2 will partly be a matter of breaking through the levees of hardcoded limitations, and porting old stuff, partly some content-production (bodyparts, more skins), and of course adjusting for the new capabilities/limitations (unit pools/ai/diplomacy).

Overall, if you overlook the hardcoded limit of some of the things, modding M2TW is a lot easier than modding RTW. I can say just for the voicemods, that audio and voices are a lot easier to mod in M2TW, and I can't wait to get those up and running.
    ------------------------------VOXIFEX MAXIMVS-------------------------------
    ------PROUD PARENT OF THE EUROPA BARBARORUM VOICEMOD-------

"To know a thing well, know its limits. Only when pushed beyond its tolerances will its true nature be seen." -The Amtal Rule, DUNE

Well, I am glad that it is, at least in some ways, easier for you guys. by the way thanks for making the voice mod, I mean, romans that actually speak Latin and Greeks that speak Greek ....BRILLIANT! Again, I wish the whole team luck in the development of
    EB2.
    "WE WILL SMITE THE INVADERS FROM OUR SKIES! Though they sweep over our lands like the sands of winter, never again will we bow before them; never again endure their oppression; never again endure their tyranny. We will strike without warning and without mercy, fighting as one hand, one heart, one soul. We will shatter their dreams and haunt their nightmares, drenching our ancestors' graves with their blood. And as our last breath tears at their lungs; as we rise again from the ruins of our cities...they will know: Helghan belongs to the Helghast." -Scholar Visari